Jump to content

Wakefield Trinity plans submision


Recommended Posts

Just now, Josef K said:

I thought SRD were content with moving to where Salford City play ?. Hopefully if the fella who is interested in buying SRD that will all change. 

(I had my facts wrong but) I'm not sure 'content' was where they were at. More 'accepting'.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

No, Salford City and Sale were going to buy the ground. Neither side was supportive of a 3rd team being based at the ground, but Salford City's owners made it clear publicly in several interviews I've seen (mainly Gary Neville) that they would not go ahead with a deal that made SRD homeless.

They haven't done that, despite Sale being more than happy to do so.

You fell hook, line and sinker for the PR, there. Same as my mate who supports Salford City and believes all of the ‘class of 92’ bods are in it because of their “love of the city”. This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You fell hook, line and sinker for the PR, there. Same as my mate who supports Salford City and believes all of the ‘class of 92’ bods are in it because of their “love of the city”. This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

Its not PR though, they didn't kick SRD out of their ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Its not PR though, they didn't kick SRD out of their ground.

Because at the minute it's somewhere between hypothesis and preliminary discussions so they haven't had chance yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

Bury's problems had very little to do directly with money and a lot to do with an owner who was happy to destroy the club regardless.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last training session on the pitch tomorrow and then an half hour slot for fans to pile on and get some turf as a memento or to patch up the lawn at home.

  • Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pitch_n.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2022 at 08:21, Leyther_Matt said:

You fell hook, line and sinker for the PR, there. Same as my mate who supports Salford City and believes all of the ‘class of 92’ bods are in it because of their “love of the city”. This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

so bury went belly up because Gary Neville let it. Thanks for the info

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right. That's Belle Vue and Trinity all sorted. Nothing to see here, so who shall we tear to pieces instead?

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Right. That's Belle Vue and Trinity all sorted. Nothing to see here, so who shall we tear to pieces instead?

If only that were true...

Away fans on the Western terrace won't actually benefit from this development, other than having something nicer to have a poor view of.

Also, the east stand won't be finished until next summer at the earliest. 

We're used to being torn apart. We'd miss it really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TrinityJCB.jpg

  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/968418073171484/permalink/5798260680187175/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

 

Some nice current photos here.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/09/2022 at 09:35, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

TrinityJCB.jpg

If that's your new forward for next season, isn't that cheating?  Just asking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive been going to BV as an away fan since about 1990 (obviously not as often these past few few years!) and always parked on Sugar Lane. Only seeing those pics from above do i now realise how big the cemetery actually is. Some fantastic shots there. 

I wonder,  have Wakey missed a trick not moveing the pich over 5 or 10 meters.  Could that have given them a bit more room when they get round to developing the east side of the ground?

EDIT: Donny road is possibly too close?

Edited by Ragingbull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/09/2022 at 23:07, Ragingbull said:

Ive been going to BV as an away fan since about 1990 (obviously not as often these past few few years!) and always parked on Sugar Lane. Only seeing those pics from above do i now realise how big the cemetery actually is. Some fantastic shots there. 

I wonder,  have Wakey missed a trick not moving the pitch over 5 or 10 meters.  Could that have given them a bit more room when they get round to developing the east side of the ground?

EDIT: Donny road is possibly too close?

No they haven't unless you have an unlimited budget and don't want a car park. Also you mean the west side of the ground. The east side is where the new stand is.

Capacity is not the issue at BV and (hopefully) when we need to increase capacity drastically we have the south end of the ground that currently has no capacity other than the flats yet is actually a very large space. It could easily offer space for a 3000 capacity stand.

The capacity of the west terrace is fine at 2, 200, it's the viewing angles that are diabolical. If re-profiled and taken fully back that would increase to approx 3,000. The west terrace is segregated for away fans and I can't think of many teams that will bring 3,000+ so it's fine as it is size wise.

What was an issue at BV but won't be for much longer is facilities . The new all singing all dancing East stand will address all of those in one stroke, this is why the East stand takes up such a large footprint. The philosophy is very simple, increase revenue by enhancing the match day experience and at the same time make BV and Trinity a seven day a week business.

Hope this image helps.

 

 

STAND 98_n.jpg

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must admit, I haven’t been keeping a close eye on this thread, but see it started almost two years ago.

In that case, the project must be close to complete by now. How is the new stadium looking and will it be ready for the 2023 season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

I must admit, I haven’t been keeping a close eye on this thread, but see it started almost two years ago.

In that case, the project must be close to complete by now. How is the new stadium looking and will it be ready for the 2023 season?

Stand supposed to be half way through next year so that extra year of SL money will be a big relief even if they do go down this year, depending on what comes out of today of course. If done well, will give them the cash to spend close to cap and compete which sould boost crowds back above the 5k figure pushing 6k and give the sport another club actually challenging at the top rather than scrabbling at the bottom picking up tv cheques. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No they haven't unless you have an unlimited budget and don't want a car park. Also you mean the west side of the ground. The east side is where the new stand is.

Capacity is not the issue at BV and (hopefully) when we need to increase capacity drastically we have the south end of the ground that currently has no capacity other than the flats yet is actually a very large space. It could easily offer space for a 3000 capacity stand.

The capacity of the west terrace is fine at 2, 200, it's the viewing angles that are diabolical. If re-profiled and taken fully back that would increase to approx 3,000. The west terrace is segregated for away fans and I can't think of many teams that will bring 3,000+ so it's fine as it is size wise.

What was an issue at BV but won't be for much longer is facilities . The new all singing all dancing East stand will address all of those in one stroke, this is why the East stand takes up such a large footprint. The philosophy is very simple, increase revenue by enhancing the match day experience and at the same time make BV and Trinity a seven day a week business.

Hope this image helps.

 

 

STAND 98_n.jpg

You really are pushing this idea that this new stand is revolutionary and going to be something thats never been seen before.  I wouldnt be quite so excited to be honest youre still a long way behind almost every othe SL ground and still have a lot of work to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Stand supposed to be half way through next year so that extra year of SL money will be a big relief even if they do go down this year, depending on what comes out of today of course. If done well, will give them the cash to spend close to cap and compete which sould boost crowds back above the 5k figure pushing 6k and give the sport another club actually challenging at the top rather than scrabbling at the bottom picking up tv cheques. 

That’s a lot of big assumptions based on one stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...