What goes around comes around.

I think our armed forces need to go in to Australia and conduct a rescue mission on Elliot Whitehead and Josh Hodgson and get them out of the country for their health and safety. Actually, leave Hodgson.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s not good news or something to be celebrated. 

They've put themselves on a very high pedestal, so it will be interesting to see if they can live up to their own high standards.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

27 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s not good news or something to be celebrated. 

I agree what's happening in queensland shouldn't be celebrated but after all their huffing and puffing and complaining about the UK    for covid to shut them down back home  is somewhat ironic

39 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I think our armed forces need to go in to Australia and conduct a rescue mission on Elliot Whitehead and Josh Hodgson and get them out of the country for their health and safety. Actually, leave Hodgson.

Since you are leaving Hodgson, I am a willing volunteer for this dangerous mission into hostile territory. 

The downside of the strategy they’ve taken in Australia is that it’s hard to see a way out of it , especially with vaccination rates so low . It’s gonna be a battle for the NRL to work this out , even beyond this season , against the backdrop of govt policies 

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

My oh my.

As much as I do not want COVID to disrupt the NRL season I would have given my right arm, no, make that both arms and an ear, to see V’Landys face when he was told about this.  I wonder if he did a reasonable impression of The Scream by Edward Munch?

Seems it was implemented on the back of 6 new cases reported in SE QLD, I just don't see how the country can move forward if they are going to work to that standard, ignoring vaccines.  It's going to be many years before they can interact with the rest of the world irrespective of any new variants that will occur. As for the NRL they can't keep pleading a special case get out, the public will soon tire of that and you just know that someone will break the curfew and bring it all crashing down before long, previous event's of stupidity prove that.

14 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Seems it was implemented on the back of 6 new cases reported in SE QLD, I just don't see how the country can move forward if they are going to work to that standard, ignoring vaccines.  It's going to be many years before they can interact with the rest of the world irrespective of any new variants that will occur. As for the NRL they can't keep pleading a special case get out, the public will soon tire of that and you just know that someone will break the curfew and bring it all crashing down before long, previous event's of stupidity prove that.

Yep, if cases keep growing in Aus it seems extreme measures will be taken by the government and with people refusing to be jabbed it could take a very long time before things get back to normal over there, I can see many NRL player's sticking their hands up to get over here.

The problem is, they’ve created a bit of problem cycle… by locking everything down at the first sniff of Covid, people see less need to rush into taking the vaccine (after all that silly AZ controversy), which makes lockdowns more important, which makes people less reliant on vaccines and so on. A bit of a vicious cycle.

I guess it’s time their government just made public the reality of Covid. It’s here to stay and better get used to it. So either have your vaccine or don’t but no more lockdowns.

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

The downside of the strategy they’ve taken in Australia is that it’s hard to see a way out of it , especially with vaccination rates so low . It’s gonna be a battle for the NRL to work this out , even beyond this season , against the backdrop of govt policies 

Gould the Goose will no doubt summon the Aussie premier and the Queensland premier to his office and tell them they can't do this as this is the NRL and we do things our way. Nobody tells the NRL what to do. This restrictions don't apply to anybody involvled in the NRL or it's fans

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Well they have all of today’s matches taking place at Suncorp tomorrow and games that were originally scheduled for tomorrow, each taking place at the same venue on Monday.

I would say them smarty pants have handled these uncontrollable circumstances in an exemplary manner.

So it now is OK to play games in an area that is in lockdown because of a rise in Covid cases? Well what a massive surprise to see hypocrisy from the NRL, vlandys etc. Just need to wait on Gould to condemn it now which I'm certain he will...

33 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Well they have all of today’s matches taking place at Suncorp tomorrow and games that were originally scheduled for tomorrow, each taking place at the same venue on Monday.

I would say them smarty pants have handled these uncontrollable circumstances in an exemplary manner.

Well done Peter,must have been a tough day at the office.

Archived