Salford to move to Moor Lane?

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

But in market competition terms SRD still in the stadium and therefore an alternative rugby make no sense.

When are we going to find out if this chap is going to buy the ground (and the club) and install SRD as the sole tenants?

8 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

When are we going to find out if this chap is going to buy the ground (and the club) and install SRD as the sole tenants?

Mr Gerrard and his bid have gone quiet, Sale have gone quiet and the council are as the grave. The petition reached 10,000 and people are asking questions of local MPs and council leaders.

Irrespective of whether or not you like yoonion fighting RL's corner on this one will mark out who prefers what and where their allegiances are.

Even if this wasn't originally intended to be SRD's stadium it's owned by Salford and either the council will back the city's team for over 130 years or it won't.

Mr Gerrard is also likely to bung as many things into the stadium in order to make it profitable as he can. Although his promises sound excellent they remain promises and that's hot air and fantasies without any substance.

• Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Interesting article, hope it happens.

Be very good to get Swinton in there sharing it.

No mention of Mr Gerrard's views on Sale being there.....or not.

A lot of swinton fans are not keen on this

But maybe they should be,  as its as close as you are gonna get to swinton. 

Swinton are a team i like to watch when my own team is not playing and i would like to see them here instead of the sale vultures

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Interesting, but do Swinton actually want to move to AJ Bell? 

If they don't, are they interested in some blue seats which might be going cheap  soon?

The recent stories about Mr Gerrard do sound promising but are largely repetitive of what was said early on.

• Like 3

I will believe it if it happens. It's yet another drama in a long line of dramas for Salford.

Be interesting to see what deal the team get, will they receive any income from match day sales? How will he invest in the club. I certainly don't want the "Marwen" input again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I will believe it if it happens. It's yet another drama in a long line of dramas for Salford.

Be interesting to see what deal the team get, will they receive any income from match day sales? How will he invest in the club. I certainly don't want the "Marwen" input again.

Tbf based on what he’s saying in that article, if he does get involved it won’t be anything like Marwen Koucash’s time there. 

On 11/08/2022 at 14:34, Oxford said:

Mr Gerrard and his bid have gone quiet, Sale have gone quiet and the council are as the grave. The petition reached 10,000 and people are asking questions of local MPs and council leaders.

Irrespective of whether or not you like yoonion fighting RL's corner on this one will mark out who prefers what and where their allegiances are.

Even if this wasn't originally intended to be SRD's stadium it's owned by Salford and either the council will back the city's team for over 130 years or it won't.

Mr Gerrard is also likely to bung as many things into the stadium in order to make it profitable as he can. Although his promises sound excellent they remain promises and that's hot air and fantasies without any substance.

I would presume if he does takeover the ground the rent Sale pay will rise. Also as well would it be worthwhile getting in contact with the Manchester Rangers people and let them play there? There junior development plans would only help our game in the area.

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I would presume if he does takeover the ground the rent Sale pay will rise. Also as well would it be worthwhile getting in contact with the Manchester Rangers people and let them play there? There junior development plans would only help our game in the area.

I have no idea about Sale really except in the commercial decision sense. And because a Gerrard take over of the ground will mean their opportunity for acheiving their commercial goals would go from exceptional to zero staying wouldn't neccesarily make economic sense.

So far Mr Gerrard has made all the right noises when asked, even emphasising the Community aspect of the stadium but since the Labour Party stopped being Labour altogether, I've no faith in anything anymore.

If it does get bought why not just kick out the union team and invite the soccer team in? And yes Swinton too. 

These are all proper historic local clubs, the union team, like the one in Coventry, are just opportunist cuckoos who came in when the people the stadium was built for were going through some troubles and tried to take over.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, M j M said:

If it does get bought why not just kick out the union team and invite the soccer team in? And yes Swinton too. 

These are all proper historic local clubs, the union team, like the one in Coventry, are just opportunist cuckoos who came in when the people the stadium was built for were going through some troubles and tried to take over.

On that front, I would suggest Salford City have got a lot more in common with Sale than they have Salford RL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Does seem to be taking a long time from the first stories of investment and today's article. Glaciers move quicker.

Two reasons. 

One he may be doing some due diligence

Two he is dealing with the council 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I have no idea about Sale really except in the commercial decision sense. And because a Gerrard take over of the ground will mean their opportunity for acheiving their commercial goals would go from exceptional to zero staying wouldn't neccesarily make economic sense.

So far Mr Gerrard has made all the right noises when asked, even emphasising the Community aspect of the stadium but since the Labour Party stopped being Labour altogether, I've no faith in anything anymore.

What has the Labour Party got to do with this, are they involved with Salford’s ground? 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What has the Labour Party got to do with this, are they involved with Salford’s ground? 

I'm sure we've had this discussion before Eddie but that was an analogy to explain how I felt about all situations where I have to suspend my disbelief.

Or

The Labour Party run the Council in Salford and I think both MPs in the area are Labour so yes they do but it wouldn't make any difference it it wasn't them.

Take your pick which ever explanation you prefer.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Does seem to be taking a long time from the first stories of investment and today's article. Glaciers move quicker.

Pretty soon you won't have a metaphor to use there unless you mean disappearing faster than the Dodo,

• Confused 1

On 18/08/2022 at 11:02, The Future is League said:

Nah the whole point of Rangers is developing RL in Manchester. Although do they still exist?

Surely such an entity would be best at the Speedway stadium in Belle Vue or the new RFL development centre off Grey Mare Lane, near MCFC's ground.

And Oxford, really the Labour Party? Really? I doubt a haulage boss is going to be the same as John Wilkinson hiring out a bus for the elections, bedecked in red.

I very doubt kids, that all of this will happen quick. There are 3 sports clubs, one council, one Isle of Man tax exile and Mr Gerard. 

Its complicated. 

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I believe it's a Labour run council. Which probably explains 95% of this farrago. 

Nigel Farrogo?😀😀

Anyway, it's typical of stadium ownership situations. Bargaining positions, smoking out opportunities, promises, local politics, rugby union financial muscle.....

Edited by JohnM

24 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I believe it's a Labour run council. Which probably explains 95% of this farrago. 

I assume you missed the point on purpose David, it wouldn't make too much difference who was in charge at the council.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1