Lam confirmed at Leigh

Wigan didn't have the grunt to get Hastings space (after losing Burgess, Bullock and Clubb) or the pacey backs to turn big games - getting 3rd was a major achievement,  missing Manfredi, French and Field  took a lot of try's out the backline.

My club needs discipline and structures implemented by a respected and experienced coach - hopefully that is Lam

Personally I think the Wigan team were very poor last year and too easy to defend against, they played the same block plays they played when Wane was coach but with players of less quality than Wane had. how much of that was Lams fault remains to be seen.

If in 2022 Wigan are much the same then I think we know where the blame lies.

43 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Wigan didn't have the grunt to get Hastings space (after losing Burgess, Bullock and Clubb) or the pacey backs to turn big games - getting 3rd was a major achievement,  missing Manfredi, French and Field  took a lot of try's out the backline.

My club needs discipline and structures implemented by a respected and experienced coach - hopefully that is Lam

Lam certainly isn't the man to do that.

43 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Welcome to Leigh Adrian , you have a point to prove it would seem , hopefully Leigh will give you the opportunity to prove it 

Well yes, as @sentoffagainsays Leigh have somewhat of a reputation for playing open attacking football, even in last years forlorn season it was still evident to try to keep the ball alive and with a much improved defence would have won more than just the two games.

We are about 10 shy from the suggested 25 to make up the playing roster, let's hope Lam has a little black book full of contacts of players who would be good acquisitions for the team.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Well yes, as @sentoffagainsays Leigh have somewhat of a reputation for playing open attacking football, even in last years forlorn season it was still evident to try to keep the ball alive and with a much improved defence would have won more than just the two games.

We are about 10 shy from the suggested 25 to make up the playing roster, let's hope Lam has a little black book full of contacts of players who would be good acquisitions for the team.

Mr Beaumont stating quality signings to be announced in the next few days H. As for off the cuff, attractive and entertaining. Something Leigh have grown out of as SL teams got wise to it and Leigh paid the consequences.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

How do Leigh supporters feel about that?When in the Championship i really enjoyed games against Leigh because they played open attacking Rugby league.If Wigan are anything to go by Lam will put a stop to that.

To be fair Lam had Wigan playing some entertaining rugby in 2020.

My view on Lam is that he was a great half back and one of the best of his generation.  And yet he didn't get the best out of Hastings and certainly hasn't taken Harry Smith to the next level which you would have hoped if he was a coach capable of developing players.

Alternatively, Wigan's strength in 2021 was their defence which was the remit of Matt Peet who has taken on the top job this year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I for one hope he does really well, attracting coaches of this calibre into the Championship is a real shot in the arm for the competition, along with McDermott. 

Potentially the Championship this year could be a superb competition, it’s just a shame we couldn’t get a free to air game on the BBC on Sunday afternoons.

15 minutes ago, binosh said:

I for one hope he does really well, attracting coaches of this calibre into the Championship is a real shot in the arm for the competition, along with McDermott. 

Potentially the Championship this year could be a superb competition, it’s just a shame we couldn’t get a free to air game on the BBC on Sunday afternoons.

The options are still available are they not?

Archived