Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

Just now, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I follow? 

Surely if I'm buying a draught beer the landlord can't just water it down like Cordial however they want? 

He means if on the sign ( or pump , or bottle ) it's says it's 2% proof , then it's perfectly legal 

Back in 06 on a pre season 🙄 trip to lLoret a coach load of Leythers went to watch Barca v Bilbao at the Nou Camp , it was funny watching them down the beers getting tipsy , until it was pointed out they only sold non alcoholic drinks 😂 , funny how they sobered up immediately 😉

Just now, GUBRATS said:

He means if on the sign ( or pump , or bottle ) it's says it's 2% proof , then it's perfectly legal 

Back in 06 on a pre season 🙄 trip to lLoret a coach load of Leythers went to watch Barca v Bilbao at the Nou Camp , it was funny watching them down the beers getting tipsy , until it was pointed out they only sold non alcoholic drinks 😂 , funny how they sobered up immediately 😉

Well yes, but that isn't the case. They sell Carlsberg at 3.8% and a premium one at 5%.

They aren't selling some unofficial homebrew Carlsberg at 3.5%. 

Although that may be better

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well yes, but that isn't the case. They sell Carlsberg at 3.8% and a premium one at 5%.

As I said , straight from urinal to pump 😉

55 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I never said anyone was selling an unofficial homebrew. I did say that some stadiums will sell lower alcohol versions and/or, as per your Carlsberg example, only the one that is lower and not the higher one at all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

44 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I never said anyone was selling an unofficial homebrew. I did say that some stadiums will sell lower alcohol versions and/or, as per your Carlsberg example, only the one that is lower and not the higher one at all.

Aye, Wellsy said they are watering it down, but yes you said weaker beers. I've never seen weaker versions, they usually sell a standard beer and a premium beer. Where you can get trouble you sometimes see them downgrade to weaker beers (Wales RU have moved to Amstel from Heineken following trouble). 

But none of that has any impact on selling you bottles, they aren't creating special stadium strength beers, these companies already have full ranges of strengths. 

The answer to the original question is that you can buy bottles at many grounds, but they'll take the lids off so you can't use them as missiles. 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another low attendance at Warrington, worrying stuff. 

I've been critical all season, but Wire are a real outlier here. Our core supporter base has always been 7.5k to 10k, and we are firmly at the bottom of that at the moment. 

Once again, I am seeing no effort. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I've been critical all season, but Wire are a real outlier here. Our core supporter base has always been 7.5k to 10k, and we are firmly at the bottom of that at the moment. 

Once again, I am seeing no effort. 

What's changed, a few seasons ago wire were very proactive, there were some great initiatives, social media presence etc. Has someone left?

Oh, was Chris Hill doing all this along with being your pack? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

What's changed, a few seasons ago wire were very proactive, there were some great initiatives, social media presence etc. Has someone left?

You mean, a child in an electric toy car every week doesn’t make you want to attend Warrington games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Who knows, don't really hear much from them. Not sure if they've just become lazy. I expect it comes down to cutting costs, but I'm glad to see the rest of the game hasn't gone down that route. 

Real basics on matchday presentation seem lacking. 

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Who knows, don't really hear much from them. Not sure if they've just become lazy. I expect it comes down to cutting costs, but I'm glad to see the rest of the game hasn't gone down that route. 

Real basics on matchday presentation seem lacking. 

Its a real shame as I thought wire were one of the very best at self promotion, at one point they were what I hoped all the others would aspire to. Now, all that seems lost, and its much much harder to get fans back than it is to keep them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London Balham Bronco said:

I am new to this forum and rugby league in general but really enjoying following it already. Taking in Leigh v London next sunday and have tickets for the Broncos section. Just a query what sort of away supporter numbers would London normally take to this and to expect there next week?

London at Leigh usually involves a taxi 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, London Balham Bronco said:

I am new to this forum and rugby league in general but really enjoying following it already. Taking in Leigh v London next sunday and have tickets for the Broncos section. Just a query what sort of away supporter numbers would London normally take to this and to expect there next week?

Expect a load of sarcasm but welcome to the forum, and it’s great to hear you’re enjoying rugby league 👍.   I’d have thought about 50 these days, used to be a fair bit more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, London Balham Bronco said:

I say this as a Hurricanes fan who don't bring too many away fans but both London teams and particularly Broncos bring hardly any away support. Suspect travel distance has something to do with it but don't expect many fellow Broncos supporters! 

Welcome to the jungle

• Like 1

Just check on the Broncos web site or supporters page / Facebook etc - I'm sure they will welcome you.

I think they also meet at Leigh train Station outside the waiting room.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Its a real shame as I thought wire were one of the very best at self promotion, at one point they were what I hoped all the others would aspire to. Now, all that seems lost, and its much much harder to get fans back than it is to keep them.

Whilst I've been very negative about the club in recent months, all is not so gloomy. If they can get a grip and look at some of the stuff others are doing and create a bit of a buzz then even with these low crowds we are in a good place. The crowds are relatively solid. 

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

You mean, a child in an electric toy car every week doesn’t make you want to attend Warrington games?

I rate warrington as a club

But some of the signings have been very poor. 

The car fiasco was a cheap stunt that backfired in my opinion and like all business"s the man in the firing line is the CEO, karl fitzpatrick

Every man and his dog could see the wolves pack was lightweight

Good solid workers like Philbin, Cooper, Hughes and Mulhern and the slowly improving Currie. 

But they desperarely need some go forward down the middle. 

Firzpatrick needs to take some responsibility for these poor 8000 crowds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Expect a load of sarcasm but welcome to the forum, and it’s great to hear you’re enjoying rugby league 👍.   I’d have thought about 50 these days, used to be a fair bit more. 

50?

That's generous!

Usually a lot lower than that, but I've always found the London fans to be a great bunch bar the odd one or two muppets.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, London Balham Bronco said:

Out of interest how did you discover the game.

11 hours ago, London Balham Bronco said:

Welcome to the forum. We're miserable and argumentative, we moan and complain but we love the game

• Haha 2

I have no idea why people get so angry about a little kid in a car.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, meast said:

50?

That's generous!

Usually a lot lower than that, but I've always found the London fans to be a great bunch bar the odd one or two muppets.

One estimate from yesterday's game at Sheffield (Doncaster) suggest 8 Broncos fans went. I fear that the one or two muppets are probably still part of that 8!

But I'm not being helpful. I hope the new dude enjoys Leigh vs London.