Sat 12th Feb: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 12:30 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/22 at 13:00

I think Leeds will be too big for us to handle and after the Wigan game I'm not sure our attack is polished enough yet for the spine to perform.

Leeds by ten but hopefully some signs from Wire that the processes Powell is putting in place have shown improvement vs the Wigan game

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The British Lion said:

I think its going to take Wire a good few games under their belts to get going. I hope im wrong, but, Leeds by 12.

People seem to be writing the wire off

Few reasons for that 

Currie, philbin, hughes, cooper and holmes dont seem to strike fear into other teams

Widdup and Williams combination still a questionmark 

Lack of penetration in the centres 

20 minutes ago, The storm said:

People seem to be writing the wire off

Few reasons for that 

Currie, philbin, hughes, cooper and holmes dont seem to strike fear into other teams

Widdup and Williams combination still a questionmark 

Lack of penetration in the centres 

I think there is plenty of individual quality in the spine, Ratchford, Widdop, Williams & Clark, what they have lacked under Price was an attacking structure - hopefully this is what Powell will bring.  With an effective structure around the spine, I think the back row and centres have plenty of tries in them.

The massive question mark for me is upfront, I don't think we would have coped with the physicality of either Saints or Catalan last night and I think we will similarly struggle vs Leeds.

2 hours ago, Alffi 7 said:

I think there is plenty of individual quality in the spine, Ratchford, Widdop, Williams & Clark, what they have lacked under Price was an attacking structure - hopefully this is what Powell will bring.  With an effective structure around the spine, I think the back row and centres have plenty of tries in them.

The massive question mark for me is upfront, I don't think we would have coped with the physicality of either Saints or Catalan last night and I think we will similarly struggle vs Leeds.

Warrington are a marvelous club but need two big hitters

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Quite. 

Have you seen the tackle he was banned for? It wasn't worth a ban or it was very marginal at best.....

Bearing in mind the importance of tomorrow for our sport and he would have been the focal point and a great story (our new terrestrial partner had filmed their build up with him).......maybe they'd have come down on a more sensible decision

Or at least make the decision in enough time for the Hunslet game to count

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Fair enough as I say my issue isn’t with the ban my point was about channel 4 filming the Austin stuff because the rfl were late with the decision 

When was the C4 footage shot?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Have you seen the tackle he was banned for? It wasn't worth a ban or it was very marginal at best.....

Bearing in mind the importance of tomorrow for our sport and he would have been the focal point and a great story (our new terrestrial partner had filmed their build up with him).......maybe they'd have come down on a more sensible decision

Or at least make the decision in enough time for the Hunslet game to count

Either we are a serious sport to be taken seriously or we are not.

We cannot take a nice little video package into account when making disciplinary decisions.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Either we are a serious sport to be taken seriously or we are not.

We cannot take a nice little video package into account when making disciplinary decisions.

Or they can just make the right call for a non-bannable offence or at least make it on time 

That might make us a serious sport too

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Or they can just make the right call for a non-bannable offence or at least make it on time 

That might make us a serious sport too

It was a ban - late, off the ball, needless, stupid.

It took effect when it was scheduled to take effect.

We are not a Mickey Mouse sport where the rules are fixed or flexed because it suits a narrative.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this seeing as I hail from t'other side of the hill but Leeds are the Super League team I enjoy watching the most at the moment... and with the new half back pair, I will expect that will continue.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, The storm said:

Warrington are a marvelous club but need two big hitters

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Whats Chris Hill doing this weekend??

We only lost one big hitter. We have still have Cooper. Hill wanted a two year contract on good money. Powell wasn’t up for that and also wanted a change in mentality where the team doesn’t get rattled so easily. I think letting Hill go was part of that, irrespective of how strong he runs and the great service he’s given to the club.

Personally, I too feel we’re one experienced prop too light, but Powell seems to think he can turn Bullock into a top front rower. Who am I to argue with Powell’s record of improving players? 

Regarding the centre issue, I’m not sure we lack firepower. King is an international who’s been in the SL dream team, and Wrench got a late call up to England last year after showing what he can do. Mata’utia is pretty versatile and better in defence than Mamo.

I’m not sure why there’s a question mark over the half backs? They are two internationals who now get the chance to work under a coach who will let them express themselves. And we got rid of the one-season wonder.

Anyway, looking at the big picture I fully expect the team to take a couple of months to bed in, and get used to Powell’s structures. I’d be very surprised if we’re not a threat by the end of the season, although the cup is the likely target for ‘22.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

On 10/02/2022 at 11:30, muckymunksy said:

2 Deluded fan bases meet 1st game.

Leeds by 2 

Wire sold over 1500 tickets for this but the deluded fans of Warrington and Leeds will give you cas fans a warm welcome to our deluded club after last night's game. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I really, really, really want Wire to win this.

Did Simon Moran ever promote the Spice Girls?

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived