Big name players at "Small" Clubs.

Sam Burgess sank so low at one point in his career, he was playing for England RU.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mitieli Vulikijapani at Hull FC.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Neil Fox playing for Huddersfield?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

17 hours ago, Live after death said:

Wally Lewis at Wakefield, he could have played for any club in England but he choose them, they lost every game when he went home and got relegated.

Don't know who's memory has gone but as I recall Wakefield won quite a few with Wally in the team.  Losses v Hull and Leeds and win against Saints are the only games I still have in my head though.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 hours ago, Stuff Smith said:

I'd put Scott Hill in this category before Soward for London. But I'd say neither of them are really under the remit of the OP.

But as for underperforming "big name" players (and the inverted commas are deliberate): Spud Carroll by a country mile.

This is a difficult topic: you could say Bob Lindner at Oldham, but Oldham were a decent team back then.

Edit: thought of someone definitely on topic, Gary French for Springfield Borough.

I remember the same Bob Lindner leaving Oldham then returning to these shores with the Kangaroos not to long after, he must have been 3 stone of solid muscle heavier, I wonder how he managed to do that?

2 hours ago, plug said:

Andy currier signed for fev got injured pre season think it was againt dews and dont think hw played a league game for fev that season 

He signed for Town too, played 3 or 4 games I think.

Town had 2 big name signings that almost happened and would have been fun. First season in the big league and apparently got very close to signing Paul Harrogan and Dewi Morris.