Sat 9th Jul: SL-MW: Wakefield Trinity v Toulouse Olympique KO 14:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/22 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Went for a walk around the pool at half time.

Never learned to swim then?

• Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Well, that was entertaining.

Went for a walk around the pool at half time and kicked a couple of things hard, which helped.

All right for some.

I haven't got a pot to piscine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I enjoyed that. Not the greatest quality but for a neutral, very entertaining.

I do wonder, however, why the commentators continue to pronounce Gigot's name differently, especially when they are sitting side by side. It continues to propagate the idea that RL folk are just dumb. Oh, and it isn't Houlez either.

• Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

I do wonder, however, why the commentators continue to pronounce Gigot's name differently, especially when they are sitting side by side. It continues to propagate the idea that RL folk are just dumb. Oh, and it isn't Houlez either.

Or Hools . It’s not great , and it’s not that difficult . Look at the Fox commentators pronouncing the Polynesian / Pacific Island names in the NRL , even down to the accent on vowels . It’s just a bit of work and research , and respect ( and it’s your job )

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As daft as it sounds I think that kind of game will be enjoyed by people new to the game more than most other, technically excellent games. It was end to end, loads happening, not always good, but the game was non stop.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Toulouse playing like a team with a poor coach. No composure, no structure.

au contraire ! 

hind sight is a wonderful thing though

2 hours ago, dkw said:

As daft as it sounds I think that kind of game will be enjoyed by people new to the game more than most other, technically excellent games. It was end to end, loads happening, not always good, but the game was non stop.

I think you are 100% right:)

Paul

• Like 1

For me that game had everything and well worth staying up for. The handling errors by Toulouse  in the fh should have ensured a Wakefield win but they fell apart in the sh. Having guys in the bin didn't help their cause but I think the result would still have been a Toulouse win.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

That game was over till fifita gets himself a dumb yellow.  They were cruising Wakefield. 

Cruising? It wasn't what Wakefield were doing it was the the amount of  simple errors Toulouse made and yes they made them pay. Once Toulouse got there act together it was over, their defence improved and they scored some great tries.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Toulouse play:

Leeds (H) - Salford (H) - Hull (H) - Hull KR (A) - Warrington (A) - Wigan (A) - Catalan (H) - Hull (A) - Saints (A)

They’ve got to win at least 4 of them to stay up. 

And none of those will present Toulouse with the ease to put points on the board as Wakefield did yesterday, and even HKR and Wire should be able to conjure up better attacking options than Wakefield, I can't see Toulouse getting a return of 4 win's and 5 losses from these 9 fixtures, if they do they will have deserved to stay up.

15 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if Toulouse are still in with a shout of avoiding relegation and Catalans & Saints rest players.

Is that what you wish for Dav? Just to give Toulouse an edge so to speak, it all depends on how the top 4 is fairing up, if either Cats or Saints need wins to secure their best finishing position it ain't likely to happen.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Damien said:

Mmm Catalans... lose against Toulouse and have a future local derby and possibly two trips less to the UK, probably to Wakefield..... Or try and send Toulouse down. Yes it's a tough one 😂

15 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if Toulouse are still in with a shout of avoiding relegation and Catalans & Saints rest players.

A few years ago there was meltdown of a different kind on these pages when Salford played HKR in the MPG, it was all about what will happen to the player's and employees of the losing team, they could have families dependent on their earnings and have little future prospects.

Now don't get me wrong, I would not change P&R for the boring closed shop situation, but I get the feeling that if Wakey go down there will not be to much concern for those connected to the club by many on these pages, but if it happens to be Toulouse who suffer the jeopardy then that will gather great sympathy from quite a few of our esteemed subscribers.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, frank said:

Cruising? It wasn't what Wakefield were doing it was the the amount of  simple errors Toulouse made and yes they made them pay. Once Toulouse got there act together it was over, their defence improved and they scored some great tries.

Yep, Wakefield have no one else to blame but themselves. They had got themselves into a great position and blew it. When you can't get the ball, your defence is leaking like a sieve it and the momentum has turned it becomes impossible to win the game. Toulouse played some great, attractive rugby in that second half.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

A few years ago there was meltdown of a different kind on these pages when Salford played HKR in the MPG, it was all about what will happen to the player's and employees of the losing team, they could have families dependent on their earnings and have little future prospects.

Now don't get me wrong, I would not change P&R for the boring closed shop situation, but I get the feeling that if Wakey go down there will not be to much concern for those connected to the club by many on these pages, but if it happens to be Toulouse who suffer the jeopardy then that will gather great sympathy from quite a few of our esteemed subscribers.

45 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that what you wish for Dav? Just to give Toulouse an edge so to speak, it all depends on how the top 4 is fairing up, if either Cats or Saints need wins to secure their best finishing position it ain't likely to happen.

Wow even for this forum that’s a early start,we’ll done.

13 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wow even for this forum that’s a early start,we’ll done.

I take it you agree then?

And re the other question, do you want Cats and Saints to send other than their best possible available teams to TO?

Edited by Harry Stottle