Fri 9th Sept: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/22 at 19:00

Just now, DavidM said:

Child will be running right to the airport like them folk fleeing kabul

He's on the Leeds chartered plane, he will have the front window seat after that, Catalan lost it but by heck they were the victims of some really bad calls i thought, the players have to take responsibility for creating that mess though but i think Catalans ill discipline actually stemmed from frustration.

Leeds, and Bentley knew which buttons to press and rang the bell!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Basically Leeds nullified Catalans strengths and they didn’t like it.

outstanding win that

Out of interest what are Catalans strengths these days?

Pack is past it and incapable of bullying teams. Backline has very little pace. Halves pretty much anonymous.

Catalans let the red mist come down and lost the plot in the second half.

The ref kept giving warnings and kind of lost control of the game. The players weren't kept in line and seemed to lose respect for the man in the middle.

Leeds stuck in and showed more composure in staying the distance.

Pretty awful advert for the game. I'm not surprised that Catalans went down like that. They've been bang average for quite a while.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The problem though for Dudson is walking over and putting the head in.  There is no excuse that it was accidental. 

Neither was accidental granted there was more force in the Dudson one but prior meant it. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobbruce said:

Neither was accidental granted there was more force in the Dudson one but prior meant it. 

The difference is for me that Tomkins has put himself in that space,  he is in the ruck every tackle. 

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

Catalans let the red mist come down and lost the plot in the second half.

The ref kept giving warnings and kind of lost control of the game. The players weren't kept in line and seemed to lose respect for the man in the middle.

Leeds stuck in and showed more composure in staying the distance.

Pretty awful advert for the game. I'm not surprised that Catalans went down like that. They've been bang average for quite a while.

Ref kept warning one side and waving play on to the other. No wonder they lost their temper 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Thought he got dominated tonight.

Possibly but I didn’t really notice any individual with all the La Liga theatrics going on. 

I think he’s go well in the World Cup though. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Catalans playing culture seems defined by early/mid 2010s Shaun Wane Wigan, and they're not as good. The frustration boils over as a result, happens all the time.

It really isn’t anything like Wane’s Wigan teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The problem though for Dudson is walking over and putting the head in.  There is no excuse that it was accidental. 

I certainly think Prior walked forward and put the head in but it was more one of those pushing headbutts. Tomkins certainly made a meal of it and probably helped Prior in the process. Dudsons was unquestionably worse with much more aggression.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I certainly think Prior walked forward and put the head in but it was more one of those pushing headbutts. Tomkins certainly made a meal of it and probably helped Prior in the process. Dudsons was unquestionably worse with much more aggression.

Back of priors head hits Tomkpkins chin and he doesn’t put his head in at all. 

• Haha 3