2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

9 hours ago, RP London said:

I mean its not like its their corporate colours and they have paid to be there or anything.. 

Fair point. I get that from the sponsors' side, but I am saying the club could take a look at the logo and see it was always going to make the shirt an eyesore. Given that shirt sales are quite a significant source of income, you'd have thought having a sponsor whose colour scheme matches or goes well with the club colours would be a consideration - guessing it wasn't a close call on the bottom line.

3 hours ago, N2022 said:

Fair point. I get that from the sponsors' side, but I am saying the club could take a look at the logo and see it was always going to make the shirt an eyesore. Given that shirt sales are quite a significant source of income, you'd have thought having a sponsor whose colour scheme matches or goes well with the club colours would be a consideration - guessing it wasn't a close call on the bottom line.

While a consideration that would mean you have a few to choose from, which i find unlikely.. 

Without being too harsh, Beggars and chosers springs to mind. And as a Wednesday fan I'd rather have a sponsor than your chairman's name on your shirt!!

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway, someone had to post it

spacer.png

Where did they get that image from? And did they pay for the licence to use it commercially? What do you think Chris? 
shutterstock? 😀

And it looks like they’ve even got a woven label of their old crest on the side seam! Because history is clearly so important!

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

All of this is so weird.

I have to say it..... it's a Council estate Toronto Wolfpack jersey  🤣

Derek Beaumonts thought process?  "I Like Leopards..... leopard everything.... LEOPARD EVERYTHING!!!!... MORE LEOPARD!!!" 🤣

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

spacer.png

Edited by gnidir
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Where did they get that image from? And did they pay for the licence to use it commercially? What do you think Chris? 
shutterstock? 😀

And it looks like they’ve even got a woven label of their old crest on the side seam! Because history is clearly so important!

I reckon both that image and the logo are just bought stock images, which is probably against the terms of use.

The whole thing is beyond dreadful, it’s embarrassing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I reckon both that image and the logo are just bought stock images, which is probably against the terms of use.

The whole thing is beyond dreadful, it’s embarrassing.

A quick google search came up with better logos.

50475CD0-1D05-4BF9-911C-A851B6F0900F.jpeg

FC5B4C21-C2BF-4356-9D3B-C9AF620280A1.jpeg

30BCEC77-F7C2-4000-9B49-9ED4526407E2.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Breaking: Oxen find new ways to rinse fans! 

It's not one of the 5 kits they'll be releasing, nor is it one of the 6 training ranges either. Nope this is a whole new exciting range........the coaching range! It's beyond parody at this point. 

Just saw that and must admit I did giggle "coaches range"

Eh?

• Like 1

Anyone bought the new England hoodie? if so, what do you think quality wise? thinking of getting one.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

19 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Sorry but is that real, or just a mock up.

Sorry if I sound dim but I may be in shock.

It’s a mockup of the real kit, although in keeping with the tin pot nature of the launch they put two different mockups on their twitter feed so don’t know which is the correct one.

3 hours ago, jacksy said:

Anyone bought the new England hoodie? if so, what do you think quality wise? thinking of getting one.

I haven't got an England one, but I do have an Oxen Widnes one and to be fair the quality is quite good, it feels like a produce worth that sort of money.

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.