IMG - Vote on Wednesday

49 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Warrington

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 2 grade B clubs

Hudds, Wigan, Hull, London and TOXIII aren't owners or primary tenants. That should preclude them from having an A in my opinion.  Can't have top flight clubs being subservient to another sport's fixture scheduling and not generating maximum matchday and non-rugby income.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Hudds, Wigan, Hull, London and TOXIII aren't owners or primary tenants. That should preclude them from having an A in my opinion.  Can't have top flight clubs being subservient to another sport's fixture scheduling and not generating maximum matchday and non-rugby income.

Interesting view. 

I would start out low and increase criteria, this is a good point, but I am sure if there are things that prevent a cat A said clubs would sort this out in lease renewals.

11 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Primacy of tenure should certainly be included in the criteria.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And that begs the question if not the broncos (or skolars) how a brand new club could attain a Grade A status?

By meeting the minimum standards for entry into the system and building from there?

Too obvious?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Think that’s fine over time. There was a point about getting this done by 2026, bit soon isn’t it?

As far as I understand, nothing at all is finished in any year. If you win the Euromillions in 2027 and decide that what RL needs is a Hastings-based franchise playing out of the Pilot Field then the door remains open. Get an A licence from that starting point and Hastings Hornblowers will be playing in the renamed top tier, get a B or a C and it'll be a case of working upwards.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/could-imgs-recommendations-lead-to-super-league-changing-name-59744/

"his could see an end to the name Super League which has been going strong for 27 years since 1996 and the arrival of summer rugby league."

Edited by Henson Park Old Firm

6 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/could-imgs-recommendations-lead-to-super-league-changing-name-59744/

"his could see an end to the name Super League which has been going strong for 27 years since 1996 and the arrival of summer rugby league."

Could, could not, might, might not. Pure idle speculation, I think.

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

With the presentations and communications all talking about the 'top tier' and this from Woods, could we actually see the name of Super League for the top tier be dropped completely I wonder.

Super League is all over the place now in Netball, Women's Football etc. maybe they think we need something more unique.

That would be a huge rebrand if true.

Yes, I agree.

3 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I agree with a name change. As with other things to do with the sport **** poor branding has seen it become lost in a see of other Super Leagues. I've never been that enamoured with the word super as part of the name either, it's all a bit weak and lame for me. Rugby League needs to be part of any title, such as the Rugby League Premiership etc.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I agree with a name change. As with other things to do with the sport **** poor branding has seen it become lost in a see of other Super Leagues. I've never been that enamoured with the word super as part of the name either, it's all a bit weak and lame for me. Rugby League needs to be part of any title, such as the Rugby League Premiership etc.

I've always liked Rugby Premier League (RPL) 

But one thing that I believe that we should all start doing, from players, fans, media etc we should start using the word Rugby League or just the word "league" for short to distinguish ourselves away from Rugby Union.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I've always liked Rugby Premier League (RPL) 

But one thing that I believe that we should all start doing, from players, fans, media etc we should start using the word Rugby League or just the word "league" for short to distinguish ourselves away from Rugby Union.

Hate it, sounds like a RU league. Like it or not we have lost ownership of the word Rugby in isolation. It's not really a debate for this thread though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Wasn’t there a lot of criteria set 20 odd years ago when sky bought the game. You know. The ones that weren’t adhered to cos their face fitted or didn’t. Just saying like. Enjoy your friendlies

It’s not as bad as this thankfully but still not great…

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby-league-outdated-game-set-for-radical-changes-1379774.html?amp

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

As I say mate you're looking for the who, what, why, where, when answers and I completely respect that to you this offers little without that level of detail attached to this announcement. I and others are just looking at this for an outline of what the previously even more vague 'changes' might eventually look like. I, like you am very much looking forward to seeing this all in detailed documentation that can be properly scrutinised in the near future. 

Yes, and thats when the real fun begins 😃

You may say I'm not a real RL supporter after this but I'm feeling positive about much of what has been proposed. 

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2022/09/img-proposals.html

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I don't think it is harsh at all, they have played by the rules and had an owner who has put up the money. But it has underlined to the others that just having an honest set of hard working lads won't be enough, they either have to find their own benefactor or they are stuck where they are. 

Like Moran?