1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales by 13 points or more
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/22 at 19:00

I have an update on the Ticket Situation for the Wales game at Leigh on Wednesday.

As of today, the club do not have the World Cup Ticket machine and Printer for fans to buy tickets on the night.  It's hoping the WC Organisers can get this equipment over to the club by tomorrow. I've been advised to check by phone tomorrow

Well done and three cheers for the Leigh Ticket Team.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Heading over to this one with my dad & brother. Having looked at the Wales squad I can't see anything but a bit of a tonking TBH as it's seriously lacking any sort of quality at all. They'll be as patriotic as any team in this WC and will get stuck in but it should be a comfortable Cook Islands win.

6 hours ago, Welshleaguelover said:

We'll probably be competitive for the first 50/60 mins then the Cook Islands will run away with it in the last 20.

Still gutted that we don't have Frizell, Grace, Dudson and White available for us. Bradman Best too.

Any idea on whether we reached out to Frizell, he considered etc?

Anyway, Wales by 18 after a strong start leads to a Samoa esque performance by the cook islands 

Cook Islands have gone under the radar a bit here, they have a pretty strong squad and some aggressive, colorful characters along with some skill. I can see them putting a big score on possibly the worst squad in the tournament. I think they've got the ability to test PNG and Tonga too.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 17/10/2022 at 13:21, SalfordSlim said:

Heading over to this one with my dad & brother. Having looked at the Wales squad I can't see anything but a bit of a tonking TBH as it's seriously lacking any sort of quality at all. They'll be as patriotic as any team in this WC and will get stuck in but it should be a comfortable Cook Islands win.

I think you will be surprised by Kyle Evans then. I'll be bold here, I think he will be a start for Wales if he gets any kind of service. He's 4th choice winger at Trinity and likely to stay that way but had he joined us or Leeds pre-covid as was the plane I reckon he'd be a bit of a SL star by now. Sadly he's possibly too old to make a huge impact in the SL but on the international stage he could still have his moments in the sun.

Hope so as Wales will need someone to step up.

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Cook Islands have gone under the radar a bit here, they have a pretty strong squad and some aggressive, colorful characters along with some skill. I can see them putting a big score on possibly the worst squad in the tournament. I think they've got the ability to test PNG and Tonga too.

Agreed. Tough old WC for Wales like the last one. 

If we can clamp down on Johnathon Ford we should be alright. Josh Ralph is very underrated and our pack will be as big as theirs.

I'm curious to see where Elliot Kear plays; centre maybe, because Rhys Evans is not in the squad.

• Like 1

The Western Mail claims to be Wales' national newspaper and creams its jeans over RU. There was an article on Saturday headed "Rugby League World Cup opening ceremony disaster ..."

No mention of tonight's game in today's edition. If we get beaten, there's bound to be a report tomorrow.

At least we get some coverage from Dai Sport, Graham Thomas' internet sports paper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I think you will be surprised by Kyle Evans then. I'll be bold here, I think he will be a start for Wales if he gets any kind of service. He's 4th choice winger at Trinity and likely to stay that way but had he joined us or Leeds pre-covid as was the plane I reckon he'd be a bit of a SL star by now. Sadly he's possibly too old to make a huge impact in the SL but on the international stage he could still have his moments in the sun.

Hope so as Wales will need someone to step up.

Oh well, another day.