New season

Sticklebricks

23 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

We are away to London solars 18-19 February for season opener nice to start with a win utt

That should brighten up your day.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/11/2022 at 13:20, Peter Winthorpe said:

Long trip for the lads to start what is a season of long trips.

Workington to Cornwall RLFC, aprox 950 miles return according to Google 😲

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On 13/11/2022 at 22:36, Carlisle1921 said:

I see on the fixture list all our home games are listed as 3 o'clock kick offs instead of 2, is this right or just what the RL put until we agree with the other teams?

Hoping it is 3pm, I hate the 2pm games, always a dash to get back if you were away at the weekend.  I couldn't see the point of it, if it was popular and a crowd puller why we were the only club in both divisions to do it. ?

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 13:17, Exiled Townie said:

Workington to Cornwall RLFC, aprox 950 miles return according to Google 😲

And sponsored by The Proclaimers.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 1 month later...

A home friendly is a rare thing, so I'm not bothered if it's the Bradford kids. At least they are more willing to get on a bus than Barrow. 

Looking forward to it starting again after last seasons fiasco, and let's hope Muzza gets them tearing it up.

Also let's hope our neighbours can find some money down the back of the sofa, as the craic at work is they will be struggling to make the start of the season. 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

55 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

A home friendly is a rare thing, so I'm not bothered if it's the Bradford kids. At least they are more willing to get on a bus than Barrow. 

Looking forward to it starting again after last seasons fiasco, and let's hope Muzza gets them tearing it up.

Also let's hope our neighbours can find some money down the back of the sofa, as the craic at work is they will be struggling to make the start of the season. 

Town must do alright money wise or they wouldn’t keep coming to barra and let’s face it you probably need every penny you get this year. 

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Butch said:

Town must do alright money wise or they wouldn’t keep coming to barra and let’s face it you probably need every penny you get this year. 

Got no choice but to  "keep coming to barra" if we want to to play barra. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butch said:

They must do or they wouldn't travel down, I hadn't thought of that......

The mighty wealthy Barra are so kind to little skint Town, we should be so grateful, but for us fans wanting to watch our team travelling on that road doesn't fill my heart with joy and would prefer them to take turns like we do with the Ike.

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Haven playing Wigan but not mentioning that it's the Reserves they are playing 😆

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Haven playing Wigan but not mentioning that it's the Reserves they are playing 😆

Sure I read shortly after the fixture was announced that it would be a mix of academy & fringe squad players,not sure about Cas but they will probably do the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1