Sat 15th-Sun 16th Apr: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

5 hours ago, kiggy said:

Doesn't seem to work from France, nothing live showing up

Toulouse are,in my humble opinion,the best side to have beaten Keighley Cougars this season.

Cougars lost at home to Featherstone Rovers,at home,on the opening night ,by a blowout score,and at Halifax,but Toulouse Olympique played better today than the other sides.

Well done.Pleased for your long-lasting head coach Sylvain Houles,in particular.

Been there 10 years,now,I have just confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

22 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not sexual assault, that could be considered a love crime

Just saying.. but if Belmas did his "testicle tackle" in France then it is indeed considered a sexual assault by plod here. And I thought France was so very liberal! 

6 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Toulouse are,in my humble opinion,the best side to have beaten Keighley Cougars this season.

Cougars lost at home to Featherstone Rovers,at home,on the opening night ,by a blowout score,and at Halifax,but Toulouse Olympique played better today than the other sides.

Well done.Pleased for your long-lasting head coach Sylvain Houles,in particular.

I was concerned today...heavy pitch and Keighley doing very well, and losing Pélissier so early...didn't bode well. They are stretched with a small squad and having to have some youngsters step up. They will have to bring in Guillon to cover, but that's no bad thing, getting some new young French lads playing is a step in the right direction.

Sylvain is a great guy, I fear he won't be around too much longer. He has a farm to run and a great family so I think if they don't make SL again this year then TO will be looking for a new head coach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Just saying.. but if Belmas did his "testicle tackle" in France then it is indeed considered a sexual assault by plod here. And I thought France was so very liberal! 

Some might consider it foreplay

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I was concerned today...heavy pitch and Keighley doing very well, and losing Pélissier so early...didn't bode well. They are stretched with a small squad and having to have some youngsters step up. They will have to bring in Guillon to cover, but that's no bad thing, getting some new young French lads playing is a step in the right direction.

Sylvain is a great guy, I fear he won't be around too much longer. He has a farm to run and a great family so I think if they don't make SL again this year then TO will be looking for a new head coach.

Toulouse are not just bringing in a lot of young players from the Elite One team, they're bringing in players from their under 19 to play games at the top of the Championship. 

Really like the look of several of the young players throughout all of their squads. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Toulouse are not just bringing in a lot of young players from the Elite One team, they're bringing in players from their under 19 to play games at the top of the Championship. 

Really like the look of several of the young players throughout all of their squads. 

Is that indicative of a strong French youth who can hold their own, or a weak championship? Either way, it can only be good for the whole of the game, good French kids will travel e.g.Cozza at Fév 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

took me by surprise today , fancied your guys to sneak it today , shows how good the champ is .

• Like 1

Newcastle are toast by the look of it.

Barrow aren't that bad, surely? And Haven have picked up a lot of points now. Swinton as the second relegated club?

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

10 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Knights on the board at Fax 16 . 6 with about 8 to go.

Massive effort by the Knights in adversity, no half backs, players out of position I could go on, however to keep Fax within 10 is amazing.

• Like 2