Postcode Lottery - who’s going down?

It’s got interesting and really interesting very quickly. Wakefield have picked up some good wins of late and despite a good Cas win last week, they’re in a battle now. Even Huddersfield aren’t out of danger. 

I'd argue that of the three, Huddersfield are playing the worst rugby at the minute. But they do have the points on the board and surely with that squad they will string a few performances together sooner or later. There seems to be a real momentum and belief at Wakefield all of a sudden, so I have to fear for Cas.

All 3 of Hudds/Cas/Wakey play each other in the next few rounds too, Hudds v Wakey next week and Cas have Hudds then Wakey either side of the CC final in August. Obviously i'm biased as a Leigh fan, but even trying to look at things from a neutral perspective this season as been fantastic for the division, it's ridiculously close at both the top and bottom and the results just seem to keep making it closer by the week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

If Giants get a walloping tomorrow i cant see Watson still being there when they play Wakey next week. 

If they lose the next 2 games they are up the creek with out a paddle.

If Watson goes this week that will increase Huddersfield's chance of beating Wakey, Watson's methods are clearly not working bringing a new coach in or even promoting an assistant short term, usually has the desired effect to give player's that impetus to put more effort in, it has happened countless times previously at any number of clubs.

Controversially as a Leigh Fan, I would love the Giants to win at Catalan, we have come so close twice this term and The Giants "reputedly" have better player's than Leigh, haven't they?

I have been very critical of Wakefield in the past but it does look like they are getting their off field situation right. Whereas Cas are dropping further behind. 

At the moment if Cas go down they may struggle to get enough IMG points to get promoted.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

detracts from the borefest at the top of the table.

Catalans being top ahead of Leigh is boring?

Good to know.

• Like 6

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

50 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The franchise fanboys are going to hate it if we end up having an epic relegation battle that detracts from the borefest at the top of the table.

We have Catalans at the top, playing great rugby, and the newly promoted club miraculously in 2nd, led by the most extravagant loon of an owner and dressed head-to-toe in leopard print. The World Club Champions, who battered a Penrith Panthers side that have dominated the NRL for years, have finally found form and are chasing them both down. 

If that's what you call a borefest I think you might be watching the wrong sport. Maybe take up WWE or something? 🤣

• Like 7

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The franchise fanboys are going to hate it if we end up having an epic relegation battle that detracts from the borefest at the top of the table.

Both ends are pretty decent I think this year...just desperately want a new name on the trophy.....can Leigh do a Leicester?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Both ends are pretty decent I think this year...just desperately want a new name on the trophy.....can Leigh do a Leicester?

Our chances improved last night , thanks to Wakey 😉

• Like 1

Personally I think we've left ourselves too much to do, yes it's only 2 point and we've had an upturn in form from absolutely nowhere, but that can desert us just as quickly as it arrived. The main thing is we have hope where there was none. 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Would be nice in the last ever season of promotion and relegation on the field that we have a promoted team win something and then a battle at the bottom that draws in more viewers than the drab arm wrestles at the top of the table.

24 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Would be nice in the last ever season of promotion and relegation on the field that we have a promoted team win something and then a battle at the bottom that draws in more viewers than the drab arm wrestles at the top of the table.

It's not drab Ox!!....Leigh and Cats up there is great....Wires implosion....Saints inevitable (and rubbish) rise again 

29 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's not drab Ox!!....Leigh and Cats up there is great....Wires implosion....Saints inevitable (and rubbish) rise again 

Dont get drawn in, hes a Fax fan, he doesnt have a clue what its like at the top of a SL table.

1 hour ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Next weeks game should be a big indicator of where we are at. Giants v Trinity is now a massive game, but although the majority of Cas fans appear to have given up, their game with Hull looks winnable to me. 

All games are winnable. The derby tomorrow will have a big bearing on that Cas v Hull game imo. If Hull win there will be real belief that the playoffs are achievable, and I don't think Cas are good enough to beat a Hull that are really switched on and hungry. Lose and it may deflate us a bit and give Cas a real chance.

8 minutes ago, MZH said:

All games are winnable. The derby tomorrow will have a big bearing on that Cas v Hull game imo. If Hull win there will be real belief that the playoffs are achievable, and I don't think Cas are good enough to beat a Hull that are really switched on and hungry. Lose and it may deflate us a bit and give Cas a real chance.

Also you'd have to think HKR might just have one eye on the Cup semi the week after , to have a chance of making the final they need everybody fit and unbanned 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Wakey, the bottom team often has a short run of form where people think they’ll stay up, and then revert to type. 

So when did I miss these seasons when Wakefield reverted to type and got relegated?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son