Fri 14th Jul: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:45

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/23 at 19:15

This game in isolation isn't going to decide the relegation race obviously, but I hope it doesn't take the wind out Wakefield's sails. A heavy defeat (could potentially be another nilling with less than half an hour left now) in a game they would have fancied their chances in could really dent their new found confidence.

28-0 latest.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

28-6.

That was a drubbing in reality, scoreline flattered Wakey, jerry dropped 2 over the line, we had another 2/3 close ones held up and put down.

Wakefield only really got near our line 2 or 3 times and scored from one of them which was disappointing.

But I will take 34-6, I had some real fears that Wakefield had found some form and we could be embarrassed by becoming the first team to lose at home to them, thankfully we scored and easy win.

Good of the Wakefield fans to come and bring the atmosphere (🤭) for an hour at least 🙂

Relieved more than anything.

Our march to OT starts soon.

Edited by meast
  • Haha 1

Pretty comfortable win really, never in danger of losing what could have been a bit of a bum twitcher, Lino was awful and if he's their hope they've no chance, lost count of the amount of poor passes from him that went to ground, he must be a nightmare to have as a team mate, Wakey defended ok for the 1st half but were about as creative as a blind, one armed painter!

For us Tui and Mcqueen, like last week were back to their 2022 form, Chris Hill looked like he was 25 again, even Jake the snake was good tonight, we should have had a shedful more after loads of missed opportunities too.

Whatever was said in the sheds at Headingley has definitely had a positive effect on the squad.

Is the top 6 still on for us? possibly.

That was the poorest wakey performance i have seen for a long time, I don't think they spent more than 15 minutes in the giants half in the whole game, they offered virtually no threat at all, Giants weren't fantastic they were just good  ( compared to the last few weeks ) The whole side looks to have got a bit of pride back, Hope its not just temporary. 

I don't know what to think about Wakey or where they go from here, I really don't want to see them relegated just when they are getting things sorted off the field , they can obviously play better than they did tonight, they certainly didn't beat Wigan playing like that. Glad Fartown seem to be over some sort of crisis they looked good tonight but to be fair Wakey would have made any side look good, Onward and upward  ( i hope )

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

26 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Lino was useless, you'd have been better playing with 12 all game.

New 3 yr contract in the bag. Will we ever learn? Although I am not a proper WT fan according to some previous posts. Seen it all before Glover/Easton era etc.

After gifting Shudds so much ball in that 1st half I thought we were very lucky to be only 6-0 down up to the 30 minute mark.  Loose carries and repeated drop outs meant that the writing was always on the wall.

The two scores in that last 10 minutes of the half, one following a quick Shudds break when Kershaw made a hash of a half chance at the other end then the benefit of a 40:20 from Connor,  just killed us off. 

The loss of Dagger so early in the game was a real blow, compounded by a few of our carthorses reverting to type.

2nd best from start to finish.  Not a shock result just a surprising margin.

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

New 3 yr contract in the bag. Will we ever learn? Although I am not a proper WT fan according to some previous posts. Seen it all before Glover/Easton era etc.

James Elston

yours sincerely 

A proper Wakefield fan. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Huddersfield were off their line so quickly at every play. They just shut us down and we didn’t get anywhere. Fair play to them.

I think it’s clear Lino needs a foil who can help with steering the ship. It was Miller in the past and it’s a shame Dagger had to go off after 10mins last night.

Hopefully Gale/Dagger can lighten the load when they’re back. It’s only one game but I’ll admit it is a bit concerning that we looked more like the team in the first 14 games than the last 4 with Lino in there. 

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Fully expect both Wakefield and Castleford for the wooden spoon a

Wow that's some prediction right there

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Fully expect both Wakefield and Castleford for the wooden spoon

18 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Wow that's some prediction right there

Perhaps it doesn't go to golden point?

9 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Huddersfield were off their line so quickly at every play. They just shut us down and we didn’t get anywhere. Fair play to them.

I think it’s clear Lino needs a foil who can help with steering the ship. It was Miller in the past and it’s a shame Dagger had to go off after 10mins last night.

Hopefully Gale/Dagger can lighten the load when they’re back. It’s only one game but I’ll admit it is a bit concerning that we looked more like the team in the first 14 games than the last 4 with Lino in there. 

And in the majority of the first 14 games it was Lino on his own so maybe not that unexpected. 

From memory, in the first half Wakey had 19 play in the balls in our half and about 28 in the second half.

No team is ever going to do any damage with that limited number of the play the balls in the opposing half.

One of the highlights of the match for me was when Jerry but Langi on his backside on a one on one effort. Happened right in front of where we sit.