Burgess in at Wire (Merged Threads)

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

Also i think if he was born and bred in australia with the coaching record that he has and the coaches that are saying nice things about him the headlines would be more around "super move", "worth the risk", "potentially great coach" etc etc as we have seen before. 

Its a good point, if this was say his old team mate at Souths John Sutton who was being named it would be a very different reaction I expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Famous thought experiment Schrodinger used to explain Quantum theory. Basically a cat is in a box with a bit of radioactive substance. Until we open the box we dont know what has happened so its easy to hypothesise the cat is in 2 states at one time, both dead and alive.

Thanks 

16 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Richard Marshall will be important. Experience as an assistant at Saints which will be nice.

Sean Long though... i don't get it.

Has Sean Long been announced? Havent seen any announcement of anyone else as yet just some facebook roomers. 

16 minutes ago, Bod said:

Those in charge at Wire have definitely lost the plot.

Is there a plot to be lost.

As already stated I am getting strapped in holding on tight and looking forward to the experience. Who's laughing at the end time will tell.

13 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Is there a plot to be lost.

As already stated I am getting strapped in holding on tight and looking forward to the experience. Who's laughing at the end time will tell.

Whatever happens, Sam will be laughing.

I like him and hope it works out well. However, if it doesn't ... an "Australian" millionaire gets a shed load of British money and goes back home.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

This definitely wasn't my pick. But some of the reaction to it has been so extreme - as if we had announced a Donald Trump / Prince Andrew dream team, not an ex-RL player - that it has galvanised me into hoping it goes well. It seems very weird for a load of Wigan fans to be going 'you should have got Holbrook' as if it wasn't widely known we had tried to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not that I am a hard nosed capitalist only interested in one thing.

But how much would a Super League coach be paid.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, DemonUK said:

Think everyone might be forgetting that if Wire get an IMG 'A' rating they can't be relegated anyway 🤣

It's okay we managed to stay in the top division for all of our history without help.

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

This definitely wasn't my pick. But some of the reaction to it has been so extreme - as if we had announced a Donald Trump / Prince Andrew dream team, not an ex-RL player - that it has galvanised me into hoping it goes well. It seems very weird for a load of Wigan fans to be going 'you should have got Holbrook' as if it wasn't widely known we had tried to.

whoever's dream that is... I dont want to know them! I certainly dont ever want to meet them on a night out!

15 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep has he changed his hair or something ?

I think so.  It is subtle, maybe he has just got highlights!

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I knew Sam was moving back to the UK (short term at least) as he and his partner, who's from Leeds, are expecting a baby in the coming months. I didn't however expect him to be getting a head coach role at a club the size of Warrington! Hope it works out for all concerned, but I'll be shocked if he lasts longer than one season, for various reasons. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Martin Gleeson now doing the rounds as an assistant.   Burgess, Long & Gleeson 😮

Yes being reported in Warrington guardian that Gleeson is an assistant coach.

Be heck of a Xmas party.

Edited by ELBOWSEYE

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

It's okay we managed to stay in the top division for all of our history without help.

Whats history got to do with anything, thats all gone, even your 11th place finish recently.  What matters is now and the future and at the moment Wire are Dire and the Burgess appointment could be a masterstroke (or not).  Lets wait for the future to unfold.  Burgess and Long dream team, now theres a statement I never thought I would hear

Here we go again .....

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Not that I am a hard nosed capitalist only interested in one thing.

But how much would a Super League coach be paid.

always wondered that too

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile