Wakeys new owner speaks

Very positive for the sport and Wakefield trinity. 

A businessman and owner willing to invest in a club and strengthen it will only be good for the sport and competition. 

It sounds like he’s wanting to do a Leigh centurions and run a successful full time outfit in the championship and improve other areas while building a winning culture.

Lets see which players come in and all that’s left is the Wakefield fans to back the new regime and turn up in numbers. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/exclusive-new-wakefield-owner-matt-ellis-outlines-major-investment-plans-to-establish-trinity-as-super-league-mainstays

Saying all the right things and a far cry from what we are used to. Hope his finances match his ambitions as its going to cost a fair whack to turn this Dreadnought around.

I did think of Pearman when I first read it, but this does seem the real deal, especially with the new stand and facilities in place for him. The proof will be in the pudding but if the guy is genuine then we are all gonna have to fill the place and make it worth his while. 

I like the sound of him, sounds balanced, considered and down to earth. Realistic expectations not promising to take over the world and reinvent the wheel.  And thankfully probably not another Beaumont/Koukash type of drama queen.  Financials of his company check out too, looks wealthy.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/01918871/ULTIMA-FURNITURE-SYSTEMS-LIMITED/financials

On 23/09/2023 at 21:50, Trojan Horse said:

Very positive for the sport and Wakefield trinity. 

A businessman and owner willing to invest in a club and strengthen it will only be good for the sport and competition. 

It sounds like he’s wanting to do a Leigh centurions and run a successful full time outfit in the championship and improve other areas while building a winning culture.

Lets see which players come in and all that’s left is the Wakefield fans to back the new regime and turn up in numbers. 

Better watch his back then putting himself right in the firing line, we all know all know how some fans don't like people who are good for the game.

On 23/09/2023 at 23:41, Damien said:

Hopefully he's got a bit of money to invest enough (millionaire is a bit vague) to take Wakefield up to the next level, especially with the stadium improvements making a big difference.

He runs the family business, and the company is still rapidly growing. Last I heard the company was valued at £350 M  , the guy has got the money

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/exclusive-new-wakefield-owner-matt-ellis-outlines-major-investment-plans-to-establish-trinity-as-super-league-mainstays

Saying all the right things and a far cry from what we are used to. Hope his finances match his ambitions as its going to cost a fair whack to turn this Dreadnought around.

👏 👏

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

He will soon lose all that ambition and willingness to invest after dealing with the RFL for a few weeks.

I only found out this week that playoff games are classed as RFL events and ticket sales go to them minus expenses. Even if it’s at your home ground.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Sounds a bit like the new owners of London Skolars to me. What happened to them? 

This guys been a Wakefield Trinity fan for over 25 years and really wants the club back at the top during his ownership 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

This guys been a Wakefield Trinity fan for over 25 years and really wants the club back at the top during his ownership 

Yes born in Barnsley, educated at QEGS ,one of the company factories are also in WMDC and he lives in Wakey. I am sure he is in for the long haul and has got the resources to do so.

41 minutes ago, binosh said:

I only found out this week that playoff games are classed as RFL events and ticket sales go to them minus expenses. Even if it’s at your home ground.

If only they kept it instead of wasting it by giving so much of it to the SL clubs

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

24 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Yes born in Barnsley, educated at QEGS ,one of the company factories are also in WMDC and he lives in Wakey. I am sure he is in for the long haul and has got the resources to do so.

I didn't mean to upset you fella's I'm overjoyed if he's the real deal.

I am really upset though, about the London Skolars fiasco.

Does anyone (here) really know what happened to their so-called new investors?

I've taken to calling them ''Fairy Investors''.

That means, I'll believe in them, when I see them. 

16 minutes ago, Hopie said:

If only they kept it instead of wasting it by giving so much of it to the SL clubs

Nah, all they have ever done is given themselves salaries beyond their level, massive payouts when leaving and wasted what's left buying Odsal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

No it doesn't 

Yes it does.

I explained later that I hope he's the real deal. I'm a Wakefield fan.

I've just learned to be a bit of a sceptic.

What happened at Skolars was a tragedy.

I'm not trying to upset you, (or anyone else for that matter).

Please read my other posts (after the one you reacted to)? 

10 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Yes it does.

I explained later that I hope he's the real deal. I'm a Wakefield fan.

I've just learned to be a bit of a sceptic.

What happened at Skolars was a tragedy.

I'm not trying to upset you, (or anyone else for that matter).

Please read my other posts (after the one you reacted to)? 

You're not upsetting me. This guys literally bought the club, funded signings, brought in a top coach. The Skolars prospective owners never did anything.

18 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

You're not upsetting me. This guys literally bought the club, funded signings, brought in a top coach. The Skolars prospective owners never did anything.

Yes I know.

At the start of their involvement with Skolars, they made all those sounds.

Then they did nothing.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm not knocking the new Wakefield bloke. 

19 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

But nothing officially announced yet, only "we're going to." You can understand why anyone would be scpetical.

• Like 1