2024 Transfer Tracker

11 minutes ago, Coco said:

It's just my own personal opinion. After what Beaumont has done at Leigh, I have seen a lot to like with what he has done to the club, the brand and the publicity.  Living in London Leigh gets a lot of national press. It's brilliant what he has done.

I been following the new owner Ellis, and he has been making a lot of noise.  Would not have a problem he followed the Beaumont route.  Make a lot of signings / new nickname / a new brand / make good publicity.  Makes national press. 

Right well that's fine as far as it goes. I don't often pull rank on here as a johnny come lately not from the north, but nearly two decades in brand and marketing consultancy has taught me two things as my professional opinion: 

1) just because something works in one place doesn't mean you don't have to look very carefully before you do the same thing somewhere else

2) doing anything other than trying to reinforce a brand like Wakefield Trinity is (expensive) madness

What Trin have been lacking for decades is cash. Inject that, and there's nothing wrong with the brand. They are one of the best candidates (along with St Helens and Hull KR) for just running a brand on cash and pure heritage.* They don't need to become Wakefield Wombles or Trinity Titans.

Anyway, back to signings...

*Actually I think you could probably do the same with Batley and Hunslet, but the sums involved would be eye-watering.

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

Right well that's fine as far as it goes. I don't often pull rank on here as a johnny come lately not from the north, but nearly two decades in brand and marketing consultancy has taught me two things as my professional opinion: 

1) just because something works in one place doesn't mean you don't have to look very carefully before you do the same thing somewhere else

2) doing anything other than trying to reinforce a brand like Wakefield Trinity is (expensive) madness

What Trin have been lacking for decades is cash. Inject that, and there's nothing wrong with the brand. They are one of the best candidates (along with St Helens and Hull KR) for just running a brand on cash and pure heritage.* They don't need to become Wakefield Wombles or Trinity Titans.

*Actually I think you could probably do the same with Batley and Hunslet, but the sums involved would be eye-watering.

That's all very nice, but this is a Transfer Tracker thread...

• Like 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, Coco said:

It's just my own personal opinion. After what Beaumont has done at Leigh, I have seen a lot to like with what he has done to the club, the brand and the publicity.  Living in London Leigh gets a lot of national press. It's brilliant what he has done.

I been following the new owner Ellis, and he has been making a lot of noise.  Would not have a problem he followed the Beaumont route.  Make a lot of signings / new nickname / a new brand / make good publicity.  Makes national press. 

“Doing a Beaumont” would presumably mean rebranding as Wildcats” but using a dog as the image. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Coco said:

Does anyone have info, on what is happening at Oldham.  They seem to be buying a lot of players.  Who is financing this club.  I know Mike Ford is back.  I believe they signed another from Wigan Warriors, but unclear who?

There's a couple of features about at  the moment. All positive.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Myler will be a good signing for York, frankly I'd rather have him than Drinkwater at Warrington.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great signing for York that, Richie probably would’ve been a back up player next year so it’s a good move for him.

Like ehat York sre foing im going to adopt them as my Champ team for next year will get to a few games over there I reckon

Yep, i'll go to a few myself.

Picking up on another thread... did you enjoy the hospitality at headingley.  We were in there too. All be it was done a little different re...the courses.

Personally I think myler it is a bit of a loss for leeds and would have played quite a lot given injuries and from the bench given need for rotation over a season.

Hopefully I remain on track with this particular post. It relates to my hometown club Wakefield and in this case recent signing Jermaine Mcgilvary. Although he just happens to be the player in question and it is not personal to him. Right a few days ago a mate of mine said to me he couldn’t understand why sign a 34 yr old I believe to get out of the Championship? Surely a younger player could have done the same job and then some in years to come. I know why JM signed and that is understandable. His kids play good standard of football and he needs to be there for them. He is on a winner. But as for the club why? Genuine question aimed at mainly WT fans but all responses welcome. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hopefully I remain on track with this particular post. It relates to my hometown club Wakefield and in this case recent signing Jermaine Mcgilvary. Although he just happens to be the player in question and it is not personal to him. Right a few days ago a mate of mine said to me he couldn’t understand why sign a 34 yr old I believe to get out of the Championship? Surely a younger player could have done the same job and then some in years to come. I know why JM signed and that is understandable. His kids play good standard of football and he needs to be there for them. He is on a winner. But as for the club why? Genuine question aimed at mainly WT fans but all responses welcome. 

Because he’ll likely be the best winger in the Championship 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

It may well be that Trinity accumulate enough points to gain a SL place via this IMG malarkey, but I believe next season the club realises it needs a successful year for a number of reasons, not least the fans are desperate for some cheer. Some young players will be signed but some of these signings are seasoned SL professionals, sure fire winners hopefully & injuries permitting. 

All teams needs combination of experience and younger players. The right experience can further develop the younger players.  Especially as younger players tend to be inconsistent.

So I can't why some can not see the benifit that the coach can besides the higher level of performance and consistency those players offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

One small response.

Just after Shudds gave us that unexpected towelling at their place there was a little vid doing the rounds of JM smashing us to pieces throughout that game.  Anyone still got a link?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Because he’ll likely be the best winger in the Championship 

If Wakey end up with Walmsley as expected then lets revisit this come the end of the season.......

Lots of Fax rumors swirling. Matt Shaw making a statement yesterday that there would be some huge news coming out of Halifax today and now Fax announcing that they are making an announcement at 10am regards a new signing.

There is a chance that the announcement that Matt Shaw is talking about is a DR deal with Leeds so that could be seperate. There is still a chance regards signings that this could be a bit of a swerve by Fax and they announce Connor Davies who has been rumored for a while but the main rumors seem to be surrounding either Widdop who looks more and more likely to be signed as long as Fax can find the money but an outside bet seems to be Greg Eden.

This has come a little out of the blue but momentum seems to have picked up on this since his deal with Fev broke down. With Leeds also rumored to be interested it makes me wonder if there is some sort of deal in place between the two teams as I can't see Eden been in our price range even if he were to stay full time with community work to bolster his pay and we may need outside funding. There is also a chance if its Eden that the Widdop deal fell through and the money raised has been used for this deal.

I love rumor season. 🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Because giving youth a chance is the greatest myth in RL. Sure if they are good enough, though thats not easy to tell for about half a season, which is too late if you want to win the league. You develop talent over time, but time is a luxury any team with genuine SL ambitions doesn’t have.

JM is tried and tested and has a fantastic work ethic, surely you wouldn’t deny that. So why gamble on youngsters in the hope that they might do a job. Why not use somebody you know will do one.

I watched Trinity all last season and Fifita, Pitts, Ashurst and Kay were the most consistent performers, all over thirty. 

Bot one of our youngsters made much of an impact. They weren’t terrible but it was the older players who drove us on to the few victories we managed.

it’s pure logic.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 2