2024 attendance thread

1 hour ago, Taffy Tiger said:

...how much of a difference this will make with turnover down due to relegation and the subsequent loss of revenue from ticket sales , remains to be seen.

Ticket revenue is massively up this year, even with the deal on tickets.

Long way to go through the season, but the signs are good.

I have been told that Wakey aren't doing the LED boards this year, as the points won't make enough of a difference this year.

I have a sneaky feeling that Wakey (and possibly Cas too), are playing down their potential scores and may be aiming for an A grade on the quiet.

Rumours of Wakey doing the West Stand next season, which could be a master stroke =

• sell repeat/new season tickets on the back of a successful season, coupled with large away support from SL clubs
  • redevelop the WT, thus legitimately reducing the capacity
  • results in an increased score for stadium utilisation
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

I have been told that Wakey aren't doing the LED boards this year, as the points won't make enough of a difference this year.

I have a sneaky feeling that Wakey (and possibly Cas too), are playing down their potential scores and may be aiming for an A grade on the quiet.

Rumours of Wakey doing the West Stand next season, which could be a master stroke =

• sell repeat/new season tickets on the back of a successful season, coupled with large away support from SL clubs

Hi dboy 

I don't think Cas will be doing LED boards either until new stand at least started . You may be right about the Cat A , we will have to wait and see. However , even without Cat A we will both hopefully be ok to make the top 12 . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meast said:

Anyway, back on subject matter, attendances.

From what I can find from this weekend

Catalans v Huddersfield 5,892

Bradford v Toulouse 2,720

Swinton v Sheffield 786

Rochdale v Newcastle 379

Keighley v North Wales 1,096

Barrow v Dewsbury 1,675

Midlands v Hunslet 302 (at Sheffield)

Oldham v Cornwall 1,136

That is absolutely terrible for Rochdale. 

3 hours ago, dboy said:

I appreciate a lot of clubs, and advocates for those clubs, are talking a good game when it comes to grading points and category A, but if there really are even more clubs getting the A standard it is further proof that IMG et al have completely messed up the grading criteria. (7 in the practice round was already too high).

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

That is absolutely terrible for Rochdale. 

I went to Rochdale's previous home game, against Hunslet. Just 448 watching (and that included a coach of away fans). The only bit of the ground open was half the main stand! Clearly, Hornets have barely any supporters left.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi JHF

Yes , they could , but without knowing the exact breakdown of their indicative scoring , it's hard to know just how much of a scope they have for improvement . 

They are both a little way ahead of 10th place in the indicative gradings , but with Leigh already on the verge of a Cat A at the end of the season , and Cas and Wakey both hoping for mid 14 scores , then Salford and Huddersfield would be in no way guaranteed SL status .

Knowing that London are definitely out though , means that a Wakey for London swap would be the most likely . That said , we don't know if Bradford have improved enough to challenge or what the situation is at Toulouse either .

It could all get very interesting around October/Novemeber time.

I think a lot will depend on the finance scores. Leigh are hoping that the updated accounts, with loans written off, and extra cash on the balance sheet will result in an extra couple of points, give or take the odd hundredth or so. What we don't know is whether Huddersfield, Wakefield and Cas will do the same. Salford's finance score might also see an improvement with recent player sales. Though I don't know what impact the stadium situation and rent defaults will have on their score.

Chances are we'll end up with 13 or 14 clubs all scoring over 14, with a clear gap beneath them. And one or two clubs miss out. Will be extremely harsh on them.

• Like 1

10,488 at Saints tonight which is up 108 on last year. I didn’t think we’d make five figures after the pasting on Sunday and the Z-Fest tactics that Wellens sticks with. Even i was tempted to give it a miss but i pushed myself. It was ruddy freezing as well, fair credit to the FC fans for making long journey. 

• Thanks 1

Leeds v Huddersfield 13 128

Wigan v Castleford 13 029

Sydney Roosters v Melbourne 17 714

St. George Illawarra v NZ Warriors 13 111 (in Wollongong)

Parramatta v Dolphins 11 094

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JonM said:

Leeds v Huddersfield 13 128

Wigan v Castleford 13 029

Sydney Roosters v Melbourne 17 714

St. George Illawarra v NZ Warriors 13 111 (in Wollongong)

Parramatta v Dolphins 11 094

On TV that Leeds v Hudds crowd didn't look as big as the game against Wire a couple of weeks ago. 

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

On TV that Leeds v Hudds crowd didn't look as big as the game against Wire a couple of weeks ago. 

Indeed.  Certainly seemed to be more away fans for the Wire game. Perhaps hard to judge with the position of the TV cameras?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, langpark said:

Am curious about the mid-season international in Toulouse.  Is 10k a realistic target for that one?

I wonder how much the presence or otherwise of Stade Toulousain in the Top 14 final in Marseille the night before will affect things.

Sorry but can someone please explain to me why 10,000 in Toulouse for France vs England seems so unrealistic?

The million pound match in 2021, Toulouse vs Featherstone attracted 9,235 and they had only 8 days to to promote the match!  Now this England vs France match has been announced 2.5 months in advance and also coincides with FFRXIII's 90-year anniversary celebrations, so I believe they will be looking to heavily promote the match.  I also think 1000+ England/Featherstone fans travelling over is not too far-fetched either.  Time will tell I suppose.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, langpark said:

Sorry but can someone please explain to me why 10,000 in Toulouse for France vs England seems so unrealistic?

The million pound match in 2021, Toulouse vs Featherstone attracted 9,235 and they had only 8 days to to promote the match!  Now this England vs France match has been announced 2.5 months in advance and also coincides with FFRXIII's 90-year anniversary celebrations, so I believe they will be looking to heavily promote the match.  I also think 1000+ England/Featherstone fans travelling over is not too far-fetched either.  Time will tell I suppose.

I think there are two main issues: (a) squads won't be announced until the week of the game (I believe) so who knows what kind of game we're looking at, (b) no tickets are on sale.

(b) will obviously get sorted eventually but it kinda indicates how hard the FFR intend to push the event.

It's precisely the event I would have loved to go to - I've done Toulouse several times - but there's just too much uncertainty surrounding it for me to be bothered this time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think there are two main issues: (a) squads won't be announced until the week of the game (I believe) so who knows what kind of game we're looking at, (b) no tickets are on sale.

(b) will obviously get sorted eventually but it kinda indicates how hard the FFR intend to push the event.

It's precisely the event I would have loved to go to - I've done Toulouse several times - but there's just too much uncertainty surrounding it for me to be bothered this time. 

Ok, those are all fair reasons.  I wonder if the local fans will look at it that way though (hopefully not).  Let's hope tickets go on sale soon and they have 2 full months to push sales.

• Like 1

The last mid-season international between these teams in Toulouse (2008) got 8.3k. A year later in Paris it got 7.6k.

The crowds don't tend to be horrendous considering the organisation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The last mid-season international between these teams in Toulouse (2008) got 8.3k. A year later in Paris it got 7.6k.

The crowds don't tend to be horrendous considering the organisation. 

Avignon hit 15/17000

I did the sponsorship for both Toulouse and Paris they were both good events main sponsor for them was Eurostar.

P

• Like 1