Fri 23rd Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/24 at 20:30

Discuss the SL game between Warrington Wolves and Hull FC here without any inferences that the officials are anything but impartial please.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We will come second and by some distance, sadly. 

Wire at 1/25 says all you need to know.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Williams out long-term with a back injury it seems.   So Hayes and Drinkwater at half-back for the foreseeable.   It will be interesting to see if the forwards can front up for 80 minutes this week, as we won't be creating anything from deep.   Hayes is an outstanding prospect, but as a controlling half.   I'm not sure what Drinkwater can offer attacking the line, so I think I'd rather see Ratchford there, which is saying something!

Could be a close but somewhat tedious defensive contest.

51 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

Williams out long-term with a back injury it seems.   So Hayes and Drinkwater at half-back for the foreseeable.   It will be interesting to see if the forwards can front up for 80 minutes this week, as we won't be creating anything from deep.   Hayes is an outstanding prospect, but as a controlling half.   I'm not sure what Drinkwater can offer attacking the line, so I think I'd rather see Ratchford there, which is saying something!

Williams out long-term with a back injury it seems.

That's a blow. Any more detail yet?

Just now, JohnM said:

Williams out long-term with a back injury it seems.

That's a blow. Any more detail yet?

All I know is it's true about him being out, and likely longer than a month.   Someone on another forum has mentioned it being an ankle injury not the back, which contradicts what I've heard, but I guess we'll see.   It will be a tough opening 6-8 games for Warrington, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Discuss the match here.

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

It literally could be anything. Hull will be without around a dozen players for one reason or another. I'm looking forward to seeing how the youngsters get on, and hopefully they can make a game of it. But realistically it should be a very one sided home win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss the match here.

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Just merged this with the existing thread I hadn't noticed had been posted.

Above still applies.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Spoilt  for choice between this game and the London game. Just as long as whichever one I choose,  Sky display the latest score of the other game.

Yes, I hate not knowing how the concurrent games are doing in real-time. More of the same.

If not, I'll just have to put both games on two screens!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 hours ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

Aww, you've got one player out?

Have you seen the Hull squad?! I don't think we even had a player of that ilk to have out in the first place!

Position of privilege there. I don't think we'll score again.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

31 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Position of privilege there. I don't think we'll score again.

this season?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss the SL game between Warrington Wolves and Hull FC here without any inferences that the officials are anything but impartial please.

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss the match here.

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Just merged this with the existing thread I hadn't noticed had been posted.

Above still applies.

Thanks.

Reading between the lines, think we'd better not question the ref's impartiality.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

54 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Yes, I hate not knowing how the concurrent games are doing in real-time. More of the same.

If not, I'll just have to put both games on two screens!

I think I'd watch London v Catalans if they promised not to give score updates from Warrington v Hull.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, MZH said:

It literally could be anything. Hull will be without around a dozen players for one reason or another. I'm looking forward to seeing how the youngsters get on, and hopefully they can make a game of it. But realistically it should be a very one sided home win.

There are some very promising young players in tonight's squad. Obviously not ideal having to throw so many in at once but, as you say, it's going to be interesting to see how they go. Hopefully they'll show up as well as Lewis Martin did last week, one of the few positives from that game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Walker

Barron

McIntosh

Sutcliffe

Martin

Hoy

Smith

Ashworth

F. Brown

J. Brown

Okunbor

Staveley

Lane

Bench: Balmforth, Gardiner, Litten, Severs

I actually quite like the balance of the team with Hoy starting and Brown at hooker, and the starting pack isn't too bad. The backline is a problem, and the bench is very inexperienced. 

• Like 1

Nice bit of honesty, rather than claiming he'd scored.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Contact with the head nothing said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

He was tacckled by his head, but no mention from VR?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.