Disciplinary at it again.

7 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I was only making things up to continue the debate in my previous post - and I thought there were enough clues that it wasn’t entirely serious - but happy to make something else up

ok, understood.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Makes no difference. If the panel said base 10,  2+2 =4 , there would  still be those armchair judges who would disagree .

I’ve enough experience in the game to know what is illegal John, however, we do not even know if this incident was reviewed.  It could well be that this tackle (btw could be ligaments, operation and months out) wasn’t even considered due to ignorance.

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Has Dupree not been completely vindicated by the disciplinary panel then?

Dupree's action has been scorned upon and been against the rules for a very very long time, the other guy fud nothing wrong against the rules of the game, try again.

47 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Dupree's action has been scorned upon and been against the rules for a very very long time, the other guy fud nothing wrong against the rules of the game, try again.

Sorry, I don't understand, bracing for a tackle has been scorned upon and been against the rules for a very very long time?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I’ve enough experience in the game to know what is illegal John, however, we do not even know if this incident was reviewed.  It could well be that this tackle (btw could be ligaments, operation and months out) wasn’t even considered due to ignorance.

That’s been the key missing link for this season. However the game’s outstanding and intrepid journalists will no doubt have been digging around for the last 5-6 weeks and things will change imminently. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LeeF said:

That’s been the key missing link for this season. However the game’s outstanding and intrepid journalists will no doubt have been digging around for the last 5-6 weeks and things will change imminently. 

Would seem a shame if the Panel have either no report from the Ref or deign to look into an event where one of France’s future stars gets sidelined for months.

Do we have any intrepid journalists Lee?  From what I can see, there are few that venture very far away from Twitter/X or the Moles channel 9 reports.

5 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Wigan Warriors prop Tyler Dupree will miss their ‘Battle of the Borough’ at Leigh Leopards having been unsuccessful in his appeal against the one-match ban.

He appealed it 😂

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Would seem a shame if the Panel have either no report from the Ref or deign to look into an event where one of France’s future stars gets sidelined for months.

Do we have any intrepid journalists Lee?  From what I can see, there are few that venture very far away from Twitter/X or the Moles channel 9 reports.

Tongue firmly in my cheek with intrepid journalists. John Davidson aside, who has done an excellent job with the Featherstone issues, the others are way too friendly and don’t ask anything like a difficult question. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

For reference this is the Cam Smith incident which wasn’t even a penalty in game. It’s a ridiculously soft 1 match ban

That is truly unbelievable 

They had full access to this video and can watch it again again yet still think that is a ban 

Hilarious 

• Like 2

so byrne ends up with a 4 game ban for what most fans think wasn't a sending off and dupree gets nothing for what should of been a red card🙃

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

21 minutes ago, my missus said:

so byrne ends up with a 4 game ban for what most fans think wasn't a sending off and dupree gets nothing for what should of been a red card🙃

No, Dupree gets a 1 match ban.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, my missus said:

so byrne ends up with a 4 game ban for what most fans think wasn't a sending off 

Most Wigan fans maybe, most other fans believe it was a nailed on sending off.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm sick and tired of the meltdown over disciplinary every week. Time to make it a blanket 5 game suspension for sending off. Remove the discretion from the process then maybe we wouldn't have people crying every week .

Just now, OriginalMrC said:

To be honest I'm sick and tired of the meltdown over disciplinary every week. Time to make it a blanket 5 game suspension for sending off. Remove the discretion from the process then maybe we wouldn't have people crying every week .

Red cards aren't really the main talking points. 

14 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Not all disagreements are a meltdown. The system itself is overcomplicated, but when you add somebody willing to look at the Cam Smith incident and decide that it is worth a ban, it makes things even worse.

• Like 3

How hard can it be to communicate though?

A simple list of incidents considered with a standard explanation of why no charge such as "no contact to head" or "sin bin sufficient"

Then a charge is "Grade A" and a quick explanation of why with the usual phrase.