Fenton Rogers suspended by the Giants

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

https://www.giantsrl.com/article/8806/club-statement-|-fenton-rogers

Good to see them suspending him immediately, right thing to do in my opinion, no matter how talented someone is it doesn't excuse bad behaviour and doing stuff like that. 

If he's found guilty i presume he will be sacked and rightly so for me.

Silly boy!

Was he chasing deer in Richmond Park?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Was he chasing deer in Richmond Park?

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Drink driving and assaulting a police officer, stupid lad. Giants gave reacted well to it.

Well that took a turn.

44 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Good to see them suspending him immediately, right thing to do in my opinion, no matter how talented someone is it doesn't excuse bad behaviour and doing stuff like that. 

Silly boy!

I agree. Some other clubs could learn from what the Giants have done so far

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dkw said:

Drink driving and assaulting a police officer, stupid lad. Giants gave reacted well to it.

thought we didn't speculate or give details on here about incidents clubs have decided to make no further comment on involving their players - is there a journalistic link to substantiate this post?

• Confused 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

thought we didn't speculate or give details on here about incidents clubs have decided to make no further comment on involving their players - is there a journalistic link to substantiate this post?

https://www.totalrl.com/huddersfield-giants-boss-ian-watson-opens-up-on-fenton-rogers-drink-driving-charge/

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 hours ago, dkw said:

Drink driving and assaulting a police officer, stupid lad. Giants have reacted well to it.

your real identity is revealed - I  claim my 5 pounds

images.jpg

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 02/04/2024 at 18:38, daz39 said:

Silly boy!

Very silly boy, and good on the club for doing what they have to, immediately standing him down and suspending him, not making him the victim and a hero like other clubs would do.

He's a fine talent but ultimately he's old enough now to know what he did was wrong and he should be punished, and supported if needed be accordingly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wonder if anyone else called Fenton has played top level rugby league

Steve Fenton played on the wing for Cas in the 70's.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Interesting that Huddersfield suspend him, but Bradford sign him on loan. Odd, in a sense.

He was suspended pending an internal investigation which has now been concluded, he's been sent on loan following the conclusion. 

6 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Evidently there is no depth that Bradford won’t sink to!!!

Culture problems have been a big problem at Bradford for a number of years now and adding Doro and now Rogers I think it becomes clear that a players off field actions very much take a back seat to on field talents. Now I get second chances and all that, I just think this has been handled badly especially him going out on loan so soon after he was suspended, effectively looking like he has had no real punishment as he will still get to play RL, and then the way Bradford have made a big fan fare about him going back.

• Like 1