Fri 3rd May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/24 at 19:30

Combination of the returning Jake Trueman and the returning Tom Briscoe get Hull under the 22 point handicap.

That'll do for me.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Obviously someone at Wire made an error submitting the squad names, so that part’s totally on them. But if Burgess is right that Hull were given an opportunity by the match officials to allow discretion to be used and Wire to still have a full set of interchanges, and Myler said no, then that is really off. 

I’m with Sam on this. It’s a pretty weak act to not be generous pre-game and allow mistakes to be fixed, so both sides line up equal when the ball is first kicked. Doesn’t bode well for Hull’s future culture if Myler is so classless. 

But given what else we already know about him, is anyone surprised? 🤣

• Like 2

Of course it's Myler's fault for Warrington not following the rules 😂

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Myler is a tool 🙂 Go SAM 

It's very hard to look at Sam Burgess and not think he is very much a tool as well. But you do you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Of course it's Myler's fault for Warrington not following the rules 😂

It's very hard to look at Sam Burgess and not think he is very much a tool as well. But you do you.

I have to agree here, Burgess shouldn't be behaving like a child. It doesn't really matter whether Hull can overrule the 'punishment' we made a mistake, that's tough. 

Sure, ask the question, maybe even have a word if you're unhappy, but this whole protest thing and kicking off is classless 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I have to agree here, Burgess shouldn't be behaving like a child. It doesn't really matter whether Hull can overrule the 'punishment' we made a mistake, that's tough. 

Sure, ask the question, maybe even have a word if you're unhappy, but this whole protest thing and kicking off is classless 

Yeah this is pretty much it. Warrington's fault and those responsible should own it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Damien said:

To be fair, there are some good points there about player welfare. But while he may be disappointed he has to act better than he did. 

• Like 1

Good, solid win by Wire. Enjoyed the game and atmosphere as always at the Halliwell Jones. Attendance seemed a little low,some probably stayed away as they knew we would win this one.

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair, there are some good points there about player welfare. But while he may be disappointed he has to act better than he did. 

I don't think they were. It's pure deflection. There's no need to even mention player welfare or Hull.

27 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't think they were. It's pure deflection. There's no need to even mention player welfare or Hull.

I think there is certainly a need to mention it. Yes someone at Warrington has made an admin error but if what Sam says is true and the squads were announced with the player in question listed then it is clearly not an attempt by Warrington to pull a fast one and it all could have been sorted pre match without anyone knowing. 

I think Hull/Myler showed a lack of class in their actions if it is true that they had a choice and Burgess showed a lack of class in the tunnel incident but i have no problem with his rant.

Saying all that I bet he would not have walked in to Simon Grix like that. 🤣

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think there is certainly a need to mention it. Yes someone at Warrington has made an admin error but if what Sam says is true and the squads were announced with the player in question listed then it is clearly not an attempt by Warrington to pull a fast one and it all could have been sorted pre match without anyone knowing. 

I think Hull/Myler showed a lack of class in their actions if it is true that they had a choice and Burgess showed a lack of class in the tunnel incident but i have no problem with his rant.

Saying all that I bet he would not have walked in to Simon Grix like that. 🤣

Doesn’t look good does it? They both need to grow up and act more professionally, especially in front of the media. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I disagree. Warrington made a mistake, that’s only human. 

Myler made a decision, when given an opportunity to show his values. That’s a quite different thing entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Myler made a decision, when given an opportunity to show his values. That’s a quite different thing entirely. 

What on earth are you talking about?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

Burgess mentioned Myler making a "smart comment" certainly seemed to prompt a reaction.

or maybe it was a light hearted joke... and he over reacted... who knows....

Seems to me from other comments in this thread that because they have a bias against Myler  that its all his fault, wereas super hero Burgess can't be at fault...  That's my reading of comment on here,

Anyway Warrington made a mistake and I am surprised that the opposition or whomever can override whatever rules...

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, jacksy said:

SB v RM

Not sure what to make of that. I can see both side's here.

Bumping into each other in the tunnel. Silly

Did Myler theatrically throw himself to the ground?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, M j M said:

What on earth are you talking about?

It’s not very complicated. Agree or not, but what I’m saying is perfectly clear. Myler had the option to allow the admin error to slide. He chose not to, to keep the advantage Warrington’s error had given Hull. 

It would have been the sporting thing to do. I would be disappointed if Peters had said no in the same situation, better that both sides start on minute zero in the same position. 

20 hours ago, jacksy said:

Franklin P really is a liability. 

Scored a couple of tries and did a long stint in the Reserves' win over Warrington this afternoon.

At least there's a realisation he's nowhere near he should be at the moment.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.