Kevin Sinfield

JohnM

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Kev do a Corbyn?  No one thought Corbyn could win so they nominated him out of politeness, perhaps we could all do the same for Kev.  First RL player I can remember being nominated.  As a kid I used to watch every year wondering why Neil Fox never won.  I know Mal Meninga won Overseas Personality, and of course Saints and Wigan have both won Team of the Year, but for Kev to win or even come close would be colossal for our sport,

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

The irony of Sinfield winning any award that requires a personality .....

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Have leeds been nominated for team of the year? With sinfield being nominated surely RL will get more than the usual 90 second slot?

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

I'm usually not over keen on SPOTY as it only ever seems to show a few miserable highlights from the RL Cup Final.

This year however, I'm rather looking forward to it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

No way should he be shortlisted for this award. If he wished to leave Rugby League as a winner he should have done so, NOT defected to Union for an easier life and I should think a fatter pay packet.

Team of the Year is not put to the public vote so there are no nominations. It will obviously be awarded to the Davis Cup team. Which is a pity because there have been several outstanding team efforts in addition to the Rhinos. England's women hockey players have won both of their tournaments including a first European Championship for 20+ years. The women footballers were seconds away from a World Cup Final GB Gymnastics were superb getting their first team medals in World Championships. For what it is worth, the SPOTY should be Max Whitlock, he won a historic gold medal in the pommel horse, a silver and a team silver. The level of skill needed to achieve anything in Gymnastics is immense, but unfortunately his medals will not have registered with the British public.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

No way should he be shortlisted for this award. If he wished to leave Rugby League as a winner he should have done so, NOT defected to Union for an easier life and I should think a fatter pay packet.

I think after a 19 season career he's entitled to wind down gracefully, if that means a few seasons in RU so be it

Are you for real? Isn't that something we all would do given the chance?

He's earned every penny if indeed it does pay better.

No one knows what is going on behind the scenes at Leeds. My feeling is that he took some pay freezes/cuts to keep Leeds within the salary cap on the promise of a couple of well paid years in Union.

He broke through 4000 points and became the third highest points scorer of all time this year as well as leading Leeds to the treble. Fully deserved.

What a silly comment. He's left arguably the biggest super league club to go and play championship union. I doubt he's on a higher wage at Yorkshire carnegie than he was at the rhinos. He's a sportsman who realises his RL days are behind him but wishes to prolong his sporting days slightly by still playing a version of rugby that's less brutal on the body. I do not, and I don't think any of us should, begrudge him for one second. Sinfields situation is completely different to RL players who have left in the prime of their careers to get more money and exposure in the union premiership and potential internationals.

He was captain of what should be the team of the year in a treble winning season, it'd be a travesty if he hadn't been nominated

Archived