31 May: CCQF: Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons KO 7.35pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/18 at 18:35

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could well be the closest match of the round.

A couple of weeks ago, this match would have been bottom v next to bottom, but both are putting a bit of a run together.

Most prob won't be a classic by any means, as defeat would not neccassary be a bad ting for either team, but the incentive of continuning on their respective winning run and only being one more match away from a final should be enough to make sure both sets of players give it their all.

Home win for us Giants.  Would settle for it to by 2 scores so have some comfort going in to the last 5mins of the match.

Will be interested in seeing what the crowd will be.  Thursday night, on TV & not a lot of away fans :(

1 hour ago, davet said:

Could well be the closest match of the round.

A couple of weeks ago, this match would have been bottom v next to bottom, but both are putting a bit of a run together.

Most prob won't be a classic by any means, as defeat would not neccassary be a bad ting for either team, but the incentive of continuning on their respective winning run and only being one more match away from a final should be enough to make sure both sets of players give it their all.

Home win for us Giants.  Would settle for it to by 2 scores so have some comfort going in to the last 5mins of the match.

Will be interested in seeing what the crowd will be.  Thursday night, on TV & not a lot of away fans :(

It will be the sort of crowd that pulls in the usual comments about Huddersfield not deserving a team and being a disgrace etc, etc, etc.

We have had some ding dongers with Catalan over the years and have a decent record against them, Both sides doing better of late so wouldn't know who to back if i were a betting man, Top 8 is more important to me but when i get there i will still be hoping for the win.

I don't expect it to be a gentle affair, it never is against the Dragons which is not what we really want, us being a very fragile outfit of late , think we are down to about 5 injured players now , which is not too bad but we don't want a good hiding from a bunch of froggies thank you very much.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

4 hours ago, davet said:

Or home?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I wonder if Huddersfield would get the same comments about crowd numbers if they played in a smaller stadium. Just a genuine question. Wakefield don't seem to get anywhere near the amount of comments about their smaller crowds.

Wakefield, Widnes and Salford all get smaller crowds, and have done habitually.

But it's just another thing to have a bash at the Giants for. It used to be because the stadium was the only thing keeping us in SL then we started winning games so it moved on to no fans  (despite being better than others). 

I'm sure if we got better crowds the target would shift again to something else equally bull####

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

I'm sure if we got better crowds the target would shift again to something else equally bull####

Something like:  Widnes and Wakey fans are paying full whack rather than boosting the bums on seats with freebies and cut price deals?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

57 minutes ago, Ant said:

But it's just another thing to have a bash at the Giants for. It used to be because the stadium was the only thing keeping us in SL then we started winning games so it moved on to no fans  (despite being better than others). 

The difference is potential in recent years ,Huddersfield have won the league reached Challenge Cup finals play in a modern stadium sell cheap tickets but don't see any increase.  Can't blame the ones that go it's the ones that don't most clubs have that problem.

Up the Trin 

If only that were true.

Why don't Warrington sell out each week then? Why haven't they improved?

Why haven't Trin improved their crowds in the last 2 years?

Why has the entirely of SL stayed pretty much level in terms of spectators for a decade? 

But Yeah, it's the Giants fault. Thanks for proving the point

2 hours ago, fevtom said:

I wonder if Huddersfield would get the same comments about crowd numbers if they played in a smaller stadium. Just a genuine question. Wakefield don't seem to get anywhere near the amount of comments about their smaller crowds.

Most people connected with the Giants know we get hammered for our 'crowds' when in fact it's the amount of empty seats we get judged on not the amount of people who are there.

As said elsewhere, Wakefield, Widnes and Salford all get less or around the same as us, Cas and Hull KR not that much more but because their grounds are smaller it doesn't look as bad as 20,000 empty seats does for ours.

I remember Eddie on Sky banging on about the crowd flocking to a Cas game a few years back, it was 6,000 something but the next day we were on Sky too and got more but they were on about the lack of a crowd.

There's been a lot to keep the RL fans of Huddersfield away in the last couple of years, hopefully a decent finish to the season and a cup final may just bring some of them back.

Kenny Edwards registration confirmed by the RFL; "he could make his debut tonight against Huddersfield" says the Dragons' official website.

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Get back to Fartown where you belong-Before you get kicked out by all the foreigners at Hudd.town.

Don't know how or why you think that could happen, K Davy could have kept his 60% of the stadium if he had wanted, No doubt money played it's part but i think he wanted to do the right thing as well. He still owns 20% now so if someone is going to kick him out it's going to cost them.

Personally i would be happy to go back to a refurbished/ rebuilt Fartown, something Town could do for a quarter of what they will pay for one player, so who know's, seems like a ideal solution to me, Thing is there is a lot more planned for down there so how involved it all is who know's,

Town have certainly spruced it all up and the Giants get full benefit of that so Hey ho.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

No way , shocking Gigot 

Really is sad to see players using protocols brought in specifically for their own welfare against referees so they can milk penalties.

It's no longer about who's the best at playing the sport, and more about who's the best at playing the system

Well said Brian Carney, Gigot held his nose as soon as he was tackled in spite of not being hit anywhere near.

Gigot is a f***king cheat of the highest order.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived