5 Oct: Super League Semi-Final: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pains me to say it but can't see us winning this one - it'll be tight but Wigan to win

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

58 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Pains me to say it but can't see us winning this one - it'll be tight but Wigan to win

Well i think you will be well in with a shout because i am sure Cas will have a point to prove after last season. 

I of course am keeping fingers crossed for Wigan who ought to be up for it and have been keeping their form. But I would not really want to bet on it. The one thing I would add is Cas will need to switch on after their game last week. This may not be so easy. But I expect a hummdinger of a game and not much in it. Home advantage in the end?

I think Saints will beat Warrington, although if Wire produce a result I would  deffo bet on either Wigan or Cas to win in the GF. 

(As for a possible GF... Saints are dangerous, but Wigan know how to beat them.)

21 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I think home advantage was essential, and will be just enough to see us home. As long as we keep 12 men on the field. 

I have to agree with this, home advantage is massive I feel.

Looking forward to going over but it is more in hope than expectation unfortunately. I just hope we give it a good go and it is a great game.

Wigan by 10 and then to win GF.

Jake Trueman out injured for Cas along with Junior Moors - strong squad though

James Clare
Mitch Clark
Matt Cook
Greg Eden
Luke Gale
Oli Holmes
Nathan Massey
Peter Mata’utia
Mike McMeekan
Paul McShane
Grant Millington
Adam Milner
Greg Minikin
Ben Roberts
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Michael Shenton
Joe Wardle
Liam Watts
Jake Wesbter

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I wonder if Zak Hardaker will be in the crowd for this game. After the disruption he caused Cas prior to last season's GF, Darryl Powell could use any appearance by him to give his team a lift.

Probably the only lift Zak will be able to give for quite some time, I imagine.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Brilliant effort by Castleford to sell over 4,100 tickets for a match on a weeknight which involves going across the Pennines.

Sadly, it would surprise me if they would see their team win. Wigan's home record this year was almost perfect, and losing Trueman and Moors makes things even harder.

Castleford have the ability to win, but will need their best performance of the season in order to do so.

Wigan by 10.

I think home advantage will just about do it for Wigan, never easy against Cas though. Wigan have a pretty strong squad named:

There's quite a bit of emotion riding on this game with it being Shaun Wane's last at the pie dome which the Wigan social media team have been pushing all week.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Castleford to win this one for me  - Nailed on. A sad end for Wane, Bateman, Tomkins etc but then there are no fairy tale endings in sport.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived