Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

Bradford Bash?

Bradford Bash?  

83 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you want 2019 Summer Bash?

    • Blackpool
      30
    • Bradford
      4
    • Newcastle (Kingston Park
      22
    • Other
      27


Recommended Posts

Am I missing something? What are the attractions of Odsal?

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave it at Blackpool or scrap it.

I've been to every one in one capacity or another and have all been enjoyable occasions every time. Blackpool is perfect for it. Be interesting when they play it to.

  • Like 6

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cookey said:

Am I missing something? What are the attractions of Odsal?

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

When I first heard Bradford my first thought was Valley Parade. I’ve now idea why Odsal is in the running, I don’t even think they open the Rooley Lane end anymore. It’s an awful place to go watch rugby and it has hardly any facilities.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours standing.  possibly in rain in Bradford with limited facilities nearby and shall we say traditional toilet facilities

it's an opportunity for RL fans to show how tough they are

Alternatively they might just give this wonderful opportunity a miss

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well hold it at Beamish. Facilities are little more modern.

Edited by Manx RL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m open to them moving it - must do it in s considered fashion. Moving it now is typical RL; too short term.

engsge the fans, sell them the idea of Newcastle or even Cardiff. But do it it properly- and above all else let RL know in advance where and when games are on a rolling twelve months basis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Scrap it. There is no point to it

Well don't go then!

Personally, I enjoy having a few ales at the seaside, enjoying the craic, meeting fans of all the other clubs and watching 6-7 matches of the sport I support for the measly sum of thirty quid or so. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pleased for you. I just don’t see the point of making it an unbalanced competition. It’s not that it even raises awareness of our great game


sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cookey said:

Am I missing something? What are the attractions of Odsal?

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

What do you mean 'the area is a shambles?'. While I think having this event there would be stupid, it's a perfectly nice area. Not that I live there but it's OK.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DEANO said:

I’m pleased for you. I just don’t see the point of making it an unbalanced competition. It’s not that it even raises awareness of our great game

The vast majority of the time the results don't impact league standings.

It's a good day out for fans who want to go and it's a good bingeworthy 2 days for armchair fans.

2 days of wall to wall RL obviously is good for the game.

The only negative is that we don't have a national stadium to keep the proceeds in the game!

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever said - "I really fancy a weekend in Bradford?"

I will put a lot of money on that it never has.

Blackpool for all its faults is a holiday destination and has plenty of Hotels / B&B.s. as well as pubs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave W said:

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

What a truly ridiculous post. Bewildering and blinkered Super League view with zero substance. 

No current Championship club other than Toronto can afford to keep funding the loses of hosting it in Blackpool. 

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game, not paying ridiculous lost making rental charges to the owners of Blackpool Football Club. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Has anyone ever said - "I really fancy a weekend in Bradford?"

I will put a lot of money on that it never has.

Blackpool for all its faults is a holiday destination and has plenty of Hotels / B&B.s. as well as pubs.

Blackpool is more of a dump than Bradford - anyday of the week. I don't think they should have it in Bradford but don't talk garbage.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

scrap it


Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

 

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game,

 

A perfectly sound view.

Hold it at Warrington or Headingley then. Not the home ground of one of the teams competing.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...