Balls (Merged Threads)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't comment on the current Rhino balls, but can remember when the change was first made, and handling a Steeden was so much better. Rhino did improve over the years, but still think Steedens are the better ball. 

Has this switch been reported anywhere?

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Can't comment on the current Rhino balls, but can remember when the change was first made, and handling a Steeden was so much better. Rhino did improve over the years, but still think Steedens are the better ball. 

Has this switch been reported anywhere?

The Bradford winger Jy Hitchcox said it on his Proper Sport ‘Six Til Eight Debate’ show.

We should either give Steeden a 100 years contract, or at least have the technical specs for suppliers.

I remember the Rhino ones being light and flying wrong, before that, there were the KuKri ones that were really round and light, then the Gilbert 8 panel ones, proper heavy and really skinny with a large hole in the end.

White Steeden, worldwide deal at all levels, done!

I actually never understood why NRL or RLIF didn't just buy them out from Gray Nicholls. Where else will they sell league balls?

16 hours ago, gnidir said:

We should either give Steeden a 100 years contract, or at least have the technical specs for suppliers.

I remember the Rhino ones being light and flying wrong, before that, there were the KuKri ones that were really round and light, then the Gilbert 8 panel ones, proper heavy and really skinny with a large hole in the end.

White Steeden, worldwide deal at all levels, done!

I actually never understood why NRL or RLIF didn't just buy them out from Gray Nicholls. Where else will they sell league balls?

Think the steeden move is a positive one, as to white why not use the dayglow yellow like they used in the NRL nines a few years back, it's a colour that wouldn't really clash with team strips making it easier to identify in video ref calls and it would be unique to the game giving it an identity, a usp I believe it's known as which all companies strive for and isn't that the sort of thing that Elstone was brought in for not just to copy the NRL slavishly, ok, I've suggested something they used before but it looked good in those tournaments and I can't think of another colour that would stand out so well, even bright orange would clash with some of the 'away' kits around.

10 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Think the steeden move is a positive one, as to white why not use the dayglow yellow like they used in the NRL nines a few years back, it's a colour that wouldn't really clash with team strips making it easier to identify in video ref calls and it would be unique to the game giving it an identity, a usp I believe it's known as which all companies strive for and isn't that the sort of thing that Elstone was brought in for not just to copy the NRL slavishly, ok, I've suggested something they used before but it looked good in those tournaments and I can't think of another colour that would stand out so well, even bright orange would clash with some of the 'away' kits around.

Using dayglow balls of any colour permanently is free ammunition to anyone that wants to say that RL is so northern they have to use the foul weather ball all season....

46 minutes ago, DavidM said:

This far and zero jokes about rhino balls ... very disappointing 

I don't even know who we are any more.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Think the steeden move is a positive one, as to white why not use the dayglow yellow like they used in the NRL nines a few years back, it's a colour that wouldn't really clash with team strips making it easier to identify in video ref calls 

Have there been many instances of that problem? Cant say i can recall any..

58 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Have you tasted many brown balls?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...

Archived