Obituary Thread

16 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

rutger hauer 75

When I first saw Blade Runner I wanted to be Roy Batty, his amazing portrayal was stunning. The closing scenes where he knew he was terminating was touching. I still am emotional at "Time to die" line.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

again its all the internets fault, why take a trip to town to buy a baked spud when you can just go on ebay and have one shoved through your letterbox in 4 working days? 

• Haha 4

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

- Much travelled

- A cult hero for many many fans .

-A gentleman who could go some when he needed to

Ian van Bellen; at 74 ... too young

:kolobok_sad:

Oh dear.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

My dad,after a battle with pneumonia.He passed away peacefully.

A man who loved sport,especially rugby league who passed that love on to myself and his youngest grandson.

Sad news. All the best to you and yours.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, terrywebbisgod said:

A man who loved sport,especially rugby league who passed that love on to myself and his youngest grandson.

Condolences to you and your family circle.

• Like 2

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

5 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Deepest condolences. It hurts , it hurts bad beyond words . Been five months for me and it’s never got any less and if anything as it sinks in and with all the things you did together it gets worse . I don’t think I’ve come to terms with it because really you don’t want to . All the best to you and yours 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Sorry to hear your sad news.

It's a tough time. Look after yourself, mate.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

19 hours ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Just read this. So sorry for your loss.

All the best to you and your family.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 14:15, terrywebbisgod said:

best wishes to you mate, been through it, so tough, maybe  not now - but u will smile about all the good times and memories he will have left you with in future 

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 18/08/2019 at 14:15, terrywebbisgod said:

Sorry to here that.

Wishing you and your family the best.

• Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2019 at 14:15, terrywebbisgod said:

Sorry to hear this sad news, I really feel for you and your family. I lost my father far too young, he also died of pneumonia but it was from a complication during treatment for Leukaemia. He was 49. What I will say and it does sound like a cliche but time really does heal, its been 18 years since he died and there’s not a day goes by I don’t think about him but it’s now with a smile on my face rather than sadness.

I very rarely get maudling but the only time it happens is Challenge Cup day when I hear abide with me, I’m not a religious person but that song never fails to get me.

Stay strong and always remember the good times you had with him.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3