costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

What a bizarre circumstance of events. Wood's involvement would seriously concern me if I was a Bulls supporter. It all just stinks of keeping the club going so the RFL do not end up with an expensive hole in the ground with no body to pay them for the 'privilege' of playing in it. Additionally, there still doesn't seem to be any serious cash required to get them out of the financial pickle they are in. 

How this will play out is anyone's guess.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS
  • Like 2

I think Nigel Wood being involved could be just about the final straw for me.  The big waste of space has done nothing but freeload and ruin RL and don’t want him anywhere near my club.

Would love a proper investigation into the Bulls saga - Wood has had his fingers in for a long time.

• Like 7

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Wood is a hard-core Rugby League fan and whatever you think of his tenure at the RFL he isn't going to be in Bradford for the money.

If anyone can look beyond wacko conspiracy theories and fat jokes you might just be able to see a positive in it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There was only one ending for Northern when the guy who almost cleaned out the NZRL took over the club.How come no checks were made on this guy?Be interesting to see where he pops up next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Wood is a hard-core Rugby League fan and whatever you think of his tenure at the RFL he isn't going to be in Bradford for the money.

If anyone can look beyond wacko conspiracy theories and fat jokes you might just be able to see a positive in it.

I doubt anybody believes anybody is in RL , let alone Bradford for the money , so what is he ' in ' Bradford for ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I doubt anybody believes anybody is in RL , let alone Bradford for the money , so what is he ' in ' Bradford for ?

If I had the funds and my club needed support to survive I'd think about throwing my support their way too.

16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Massive LOL. And I don’t LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That’s the issue seems people have been able to and some staff (Duffy, pastor warren, and the many ways Robbie Paul gets involved) who have been involved through every downfall the club has suffered, milk money from the club probably mainly due to the paying fan base.

they need clearing out but may be privy to the aforementioned skeletons that must be in the closet at the club.

still stinks to high heaven and a man involved in selling thrum hall and destroying a club like Halifax isnt going to suddenly be able to run a club. You are right to ask the motives and that motive has to be odsal

33 minutes ago, M j M said:

Ask an Halifax fan from 1996 to 1999 and they’ll tell you different 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If Perez does not have an EU passport, he could struggle to get a Tier 2 Work Permit 

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

16 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

That’s the issue seems people have been able to and some staff (Duffy, pastor warren, and the many ways Robbie Paul gets involved) who have been involved through every downfall the club has suffered, milk money from the club probably mainly due to the paying fan base.

they need clearing out but may be privy to the aforementioned skeletons that must be in the closet at the club.

still stinks to high heaven and a man involved in selling thrum hall and destroying a club like Halifax isnt going to suddenly be able to run a club. You are right to ask the motives and that motive has to be odsal

How RHP can turn up on TV and radio with his roles never questioned is amazing.

• Like 1

MODERATING NOTE

Two posts removed.

Opinions are fine, libellous statements are not.

Do not make allegations of illegal actions by named individuals in this or any other thread on this forum. They will be removed, and you run the risk of being banned without warning.

Painful watching all this play out over the last decade.

We can’t afford as a sport to be seeing once strong clubs going through times like this.

Really hope it gets sorted and I completely agree that an independent enquiry is needed. I’d like to see people made accountable for their actions which have led to the demise of the Bulls as a business.

Still think Koukash invested in the wrong club back in the day. Bradford ARE still a viable super league club if they can find the money. 

• Like 2

Does being the head of the global game not take up enough of Wood's time?

Worrying for the International game.

• Like 1

new rise.jpg

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hear that he was told it had to be agreed by October 31st or there would be no deal.

Out of interest was you at the fans forum last night? and I'm fully aware that you are not a Bulls fan, but i know you like to keep abreast of things

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Just when you thought the Bradford saga couldn’t have any more twists up pops Eric Perez as the new Bulls chairman. Bizarre on toast with a dollop of bewilder sauce. 

So many questions!

The first one is," Where does this leave the Ottawa bid?

On 16/10/2019 at 00:56, TIWIT said:

Eric Perez?

Hah! I was right!

7 hours ago, Cdd said:

Painful watching all this play out over the last decade.

We can’t afford as a sport to be seeing once strong clubs going through times like this.

Really hope it gets sorted and I completely agree that an independent enquiry is needed. I’d like to see people made accountable for their actions which have led to the demise of the Bulls as a business.

Still think Koukash invested in the wrong club back in the day. Bradford ARE still a viable super league club if they can find the money. 

Any club is ' viable ' if they have somebody with enough money , but there is and always has been the issue of Odsal , which requires a huge amount of money to sort out 

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Please don't take this the wrong way Bradford fans , but I'd be seriously considering my loyalty to the club after this 

I checked out a while ago so I'm not sure if I count or not.

The way I see it is this; I, or any other supporter of any club, owe a club nothing.

Think about it.

• Like 1

I have been as critical as anyone with the situation at the Bulls, but if its true that Eric Perez is going to be the new chairman can i ask ALL Bradford bulls fans to get behind him and the others involved and give the club your full support as perhaps this might be the last chance for the club.

No more points scoring exercises please, just support the club as much as you can.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

How RHP can turn up on TV and radio with his roles never questioned is amazing.

Yep by milk the club I meant in terms of getting in bed with the latest incumbent to keep their jobs.

it shows no business man of sound sense has been in the position of owner as looking at the staff it is obvious it needs a clear out

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Please don't take this the wrong way Bradford fans , but I'd be seriously considering my loyalty to the club after this 

9 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I think Nigel Wood being involved could be just about the final straw for me.  The big waste of space has done nothing but freeload and ruin RL and don’t want him anywhere near my club.

Would love a proper investigation into the Bulls saga - Wood has had his fingers in for a long time.

Come on give your club your full support in any way you can.

If your club folds there might not be anyway back

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I think mine has well and truly departed...

30 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Come on give your club your full support in any way you can.

If your club folds there might not be anyway back

What do you think we've been doing for the past years?

There's only so many times that people can trade on the loyalty of a group of fans who have been systematically deceived, whilst paying the most expensive prices in the Championship.

I can't bring myself to go through all this again

• Like 1