costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

41 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I have been as critical as anyone with the situation at the Bulls, but if its true that Eric Perez is going to be the new chairman can i ask ALL Bradford bulls fans to get behind him and the others involved and give the club your full support as perhaps this might be the last chance for the club.

No more points scoring exercises please, just support the club as much as you can.

I don’t think that’s the issue here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I have been as critical as anyone with the situation at the Bulls, but if its true that Eric Perez is going to be the new chairman 

He's only going to be interim chairman for the next 3 months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

What do you think we've been doing for the past years?

There's only so many times that people can trade on the loyalty of a group of fans who have been systematically deceived, whilst paying the most expensive prices in the Championship.

I can't bring myself to go through all this again

From what I heard from the forum last night that's set to continue.....

What is always a possibility, albeit a boring one, is that the RFL have done the best anyone could do to try and keep the Bulls alive and at their home ground.

The problems with the Bulls are not due to the RFL, but years of bad management, going back to their heyday when they were winning SL. 

The worst the RFL can be accused of is keeping them alive too long.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

From what I heard from the forum last night that's set to continue.....

They are.

The budget that has been set is predicated by those prices. That's all part of why we have now been taken out of 'special measures'. 

We've also sold around 1000 Season Tickets at those prices, so obviously too late to change course now.

51 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

They are.

The budget that has been set is predicated by those prices. That's all part of why we have now been taken out of 'special measures'. 

We've also sold around 1000 Season Tickets at those prices, so obviously too late to change course now.

So watching Dewsbury will be one price and watching the Bulls in exactly the same seat or stood in the same place playing in the same division will be more expensive! So what are you getting for your extra payment, can't be the quality of the team as they haven't got one at present, strikes me as ridiculous as did charging premium prices at Odsal, if anything they should have charged less,   and these are the people that are entrusted with the stewardship of a club by the RFL, it figures?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

So watching Dewsbury will be one price and watching the Bulls in exactly the same seat or stood in the same place playing in the same division will be more expensive! So what are you getting for your extra payment, can't be the quality of the team as they haven't got one at present, strikes me as ridiculous as did charging premium prices at Odsal, if anything they should have charged less,   and these are the people that are entrusted with the stewardship of a club by the RFL, it figures?

I agree Clogiron - and the bit in bold is pertinent...

We know that Chalmers was courting potential buyers for most of the last season - yet the RFL allowed the club to vacate Odsal and shack up with Dewsbury. And who is now owning 25% of the shares in the Bulls? No less than the owner of Dewsbury! With the former head of the RFL, who hand-picked Chalmers as owner (and was schmoozing him in an Exec Box at the World 9s only last weekend) owning the other 75%

The whole thing stinks

• Like 3

What a rubbish list of questions, many non-important minor points, and basically a list to have a moan at the RFL. Why aren't those questions aimed at the club?

And tbh, its all getting a bit boring now. This isn't blockbuster movie stuff, we see it in plenty of sports, including our own. 

I understand the anger/disappointment/confusion from the Bradford fans, but tbh the rest of the game are just cracking on with their lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What a rubbish list of questions, many non-important minor points, and basically a list to have a moan at the RFL. Why aren't those questions aimed at the club?

I understand the anger/disappointment/confusion from the Bradford fans, but tbh the rest of the game are just cracking on with their lives. 

Those questions *were* aimed at the club. But for the last several years, the RFL have put their favoured people in charge, so they aren’t just some random bystander in this, they are culpable for the situation we have now.

Yeah, cracking on with their lives is exactly what many Bradford fans are doing, couldn’t have put it better myself. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

What is always a possibility, albeit a boring one, is that the RFL have done the best anyone could do to try and keep the Bulls alive and at their home ground.

The problems with the Bulls are not due to the RFL, but years of bad management, going back to their heyday when they were winning SL. 

The worst the RFL can be accused of is keeping them alive too long.

Sorry but the current situation is very much down to the RFL. They insisted on putting the people in charge, they can’t just play dumb when it goes pear shaped for the umpteenth time. 

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Please don't take this the wrong way Bradford fans , but I'd be seriously considering my loyalty to the club after this 

That's not really how this stuff works though, is it.

You can't just decide to un-love something that your heart has been attached to for decades.

Owners come and owners go, as do players, as do good times and as do bad times.

I am, and always will be, a Bradford Northern/Bulls/**whatever it may be called in the future** fan. If they are playing in white, red, amber and black, they are my team, and it will always matter to me, because there is an intangible, illogical feeling that connects you to a sporting club.

I first went to watch Bradford Northern with my dad in 1981, and now he is no longer with us, but every time I see that team in those colours that he taught me to love run out onto the field, I think of him and how he used to tell me about the time he went to Wembley to watch them as a child himself, and how it broke his heart when they went bust in 1964, and how much he adored seeing his club rise to prominence again under Peter Fox and then Bullmania.

What's gone on over the past decade or so has broken my heart now, several times, and each and every crisis, every lie that has been told, just makes it hurt even more.

It has reached the stage now where I won't trust anything anyone who owns the club will say: they will have to be judged on their actions alone over the course of time.

But however angry I am at how the club has been run off the field, I am not going to take it out on the players or the coaching staff, who have been treated even worse, given the number of times they have been left waiting for paychecks or wondering if their pensions have been paid correctly, or worrying if they will have a job at all by the weekend, and in some cases over the years, who have worked for nothing to keep a team out there on the field.

We all like to dream of better times ahead for our clubs. This Bradford fan is no different. If I'm disappointed again, well, you know what, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You can't just decide to un-love something that your heart has been attached to for decades.

I am, and always will be, a Bradford Northern/Bulls/**whatever it may be called in the future** fan. If they are playing in white, red, amber and black, they are my team, and it will always matter to me, because there is an intangible, illogical feeling that connects you to a sporting club.

I first went to watch Bradford Northern with my dad in 1981, and now he is no longer with us, but every time I see that team in those colours that he taught me to love run out onto the field, I think of him and how he used to tell me about the time he went to Wembley to watch them as a child himself, and how it broke his heart when they went bust in 1964, and how much he adored seeing his club rise to prominence again under Peter Fox and then Bullmania.

What's gone on over the past decade or so has broken my heart now, several times, and each and every crisis, every lie that has been told, just makes it hurt even more.

It has reached the stage now where I won't trust anything anyone who owns the club will say: they will have to be judged on their actions alone over the course of time.

But however angry I am at how the club has been run off the field, I am not going to take it out on the players or the coaching staff, who have been treated even worse, given the number of times they have been left waiting for paychecks or wondering if their pensions have been paid correctly, or worrying if they will have a job at all by the weekend, and in some cases over the years, who have worked for nothing to keep a team out there on the field.

We all like to dream of better times ahead for our clubs. This Bradford fan is no different. If I'm disappointed again, well, you know what, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 

That’s a good post and I admire your dedication. Problem for me is perhaps that, I had no family connections to them and didn’t get into RL until later on in life, so it doesn’t cut quite as deep perhaps. Things that I’m into, tend to stick with me and not just be passing fads but in this case, after all the BS thats happened, I think I can walk away. Sad but true.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's the let's say ' strange ' nature of the interested parties that gives me my opinion on it John ? , Personally I don't believe your ' nightmare ' will end until Odsal is essentially gone , something has to give on this IMO

Either way all the best 

• Like 1

Bradford tells a similar tale to Leeds United in many ways. Their demise, mismanagement, alienation of fans through Bates, appointments of Wise and Warnock let alone Hockaday saw seasoned supporters, including myself, a regular even when we got relegated to League 1, walkway. 

However, with the right management and structure, the club can come alive again. Have faith Bradford fans, even if you’re disillusioned and think there’s no way back, there can be light at the end of the tunnel. I may not be a regular again with Leeds United but many are - they have increased attendances by 10-15k in the past 5 years or so

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Those questions *were* aimed at the club. But for the last several years, the RFL have put their favoured people in charge, so they aren’t just some random bystander in this, they are culpable for the situation we have now.

Yeah, cracking on with their lives is exactly what many Bradford fans are doing, couldn’t have put it better myself. 

There have been various owners, at clubs throughout history, across all sports who have failed to run the club well.

To believe this is some kind of phenomenon that the RFL have created is a nonsense.

I have every sympathy for Bradford fans and I dont doubt you are on your own in walking away, but sport clubs struggle, to constantly aim the blame at the RFL misses the point.

I do believe the RFL has probably made mistakes, but I also believe it is an organisation of people trying their best with limited resources and they should probably have stayed well away, however they would have come in for criticism there too.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

That’s a good post and I admire your dedication. Problem for me is perhaps that, I had no family connections to them and didn’t get into RL until later on in life, so it doesn’t cut quite as deep perhaps. Things that I’m into, tend to stick with me and not just be passing fads but in this case, after all the BS thats happened, I think I can walk away. Sad but true.

I dont think there is a right and wrong on things like this. People just do what suits them, as they should.

Nobody should be told to stand by them, nor should they be pressured into walking away. Whatever suits the individual, I dont think any Bradford fan can be criticised for walking away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

If the RFL didnt pick those people who would've?  At the end if it all, it's the RFLs job to protect the Clubs interests.  They kept them afloat.

Dont forget, the RFL are still paying the lease at Odsal while Chalmers steps away.  The Bulls are fortunate in that they are allowed to step away without further cost imo.

All the RFL have to go on is what's down on paper, references and practicalities.  There wasn't a choice of millions, more a handful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

You suggest the situation was down to the RFL...?

But Woods (until recently) WAS the RFL!   And now he is the IRL!!

So the RFL, thanks to its history  (ie Woods), have facilitated a shambles that has allowed Woods (and his "family"... ho ho ho) to take over the club... from a man the RFL (Woods) helped buy in the first 

I'll stand to be shot down for this but Wood is supposed to be an accountant.  I doubt very much there is anything underhand on his part that is not common practice in all business.  It's not in his interests to be in such a public position if it's the opposite.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

No I haven’t believed them all but the whole thing stinks. David Thorne had a perfectly good bid, promised to keep the whole squad together (which for me would have beaten KR to super league) and promised a future. Garry Pettit the administrator recommended his bid to the RFL who turned it down.

chev walker tweeted he’s never met anyone either at the club or wanting to be involved at the club as professional as him.

thorne said working with the RFL was worse than with the RFU and couldn’t believe their actions. He wanted the Odsal lease back too could that have have an affect on their decision to hand the club to chalmers? Draw your own theories

If true then the stink gets higher and louder.

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I'll stand to be shot down for this but Wood is supposed to be an accountant.  I doubt very much there is anything underhand on his part that is not common practice in all business.  It's not in his interests to be in such a public position if it's the opposite.

It is very easy to slate Wood due to his role as chief of the RFL, but without a conspiracy theory head on you could easily state that Wood's support for Bradford has led the RFL down this path of supporting the Bulls with the stadium lease when they should have stayed away.

I'm not sure why it is accepted that the other potential owners at the last takeover were of a sound quality and would have done any different. 

14 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

If the RFL didnt pick those people who would've? 

Well, how about the Administrator? Last time around, the Administrator, Gary Petit, highly recommended the bid from David Thorne, only for the RFL to block it (for no reason that was ever explained) and parachuted in their hand-picked man i.e Andrew Chalmers. 

Just remind me how that ended....

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is very easy to slate Wood due to his role as chief of the RFL, but without a conspiracy theory head on you could easily state that Wood's support for Bradford has led the RFL down this path of supporting the Bulls with the stadium lease when they should have stayed away.

I'm not sure why it is accepted that the other potential owners at the last takeover were of a sound quality and would have done any different. 

Exactly, and the fact that we'll never know makes it an easy hit on Twitter.  There wsnt a big queue of rich businessmen in line and that the Administrator recommended Thorne carries no weight.  He could've gone the same way.

Aaron Bowers making a big deal of it.  Maybe he knows something which is untoward and if do should back himself and say.