Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
moorside roughyed

Who clapped for the NHS

Recommended Posts

quite a few out in our road, good turnout. my daughter caught the virus last week & took herself back to work today as she felt ok & bored at home. had to come home as too tired. she'll go back Monday when fully rested. proud of my girl! she's a doctor

Edited by kev p
missed the last line!
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Damien said:

So everyone that has posted in this positive thread clapped and heard clapping apart from Saintslass. Now why am I surprised.

Whereas I'm not surprised by you souring this thread by making such a comment.

I'd like to thank the government, the civil servants who are losing their sanity working their butts off, to the delivery drivers, the shelf stackers, the checkout people, the countless volunteers like those at the Eccleston Arms here in St Helens who are taking stuff to people stuck in their houses; the police who we need to keep a lid on the scroats as well as make sure nobody is putting lives at risk, to all those who are still working in spite of the risks to ensure that those who cannot work are safe and have food and contact.

Had someone suggested a clap for all those people as well then I'd have been the first out the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YEP, plenty out in our little off the grid complex making some noise and even some fireworks. the ones that dident aint coming to the street party when this is all over thats for sure.keep safe folks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I hadn't heard about this until about 7:30. I was watching faintly embarrassed to see what it'd be like, but it was a good turnout so I joined in. The only problem was that someone started at 7:58 which threw people out, you could see people running out in response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Damien said:

So everyone that has posted in this positive thread clapped and heard clapping apart from Saintslass. Now why am I surprised.

Teminological inexactitude.You are not surprised. You were hoping for that post just so you could spout your usual claptrap.   

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Teminological inexactitude.You are not surprised. You were hoping for that post just so you could spout your usual claptrap.   

And I'm certainly not surprised by this either. As predictable as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think the clap for the NHS didn't go far enough, here's a simple add-on.

Say thank you to literally every person you see working at this time. I'm doing it. From a safe distance. I would encourage everyone else to do it too. Even the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's. Especially the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gingerjon said:

If you think the clap for the NHS didn't go far enough, here's a simple add-on.

Say thank you to literally every person you see working at this time. I'm doing it. From a safe distance. I would encourage everyone else to do it too. Even the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's. Especially the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's.

I completely agree. I like to think I do it anyway but am certainly making a more conscious effort now. The people working in supermarkets, shops etc are really on the frontline and are coming into close contact with thousands of different people a day despite the measures in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than pointlessly clapping to fields of sheep I made a donation to the fund that is providing meals to NHS staff. I’d suggest others should have done that instead.

  • Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If you think the clap for the NHS didn't go far enough, here's a simple add-on.

Say thank you to literally every person you see working at this time. I'm doing it. From a safe distance. I would encourage everyone else to do it too. Even the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's. Especially the guy restocking the freezer in Sainsbury's.

No. He could be a Tory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously though, without nit picking, weren’t some of the people out in the streets (ie not staying in their gardens) flouting the distancing rules? There seemed to be quite a few on the footage I saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Seriously though, without nit picking, weren’t some of the people out in the streets (ie not staying in their gardens) flouting the distancing rules? There seemed to be quite a few on the footage I saw.

No idea. We didn't here, we were all very good and far apart but then it's a street where it's quite easy to do that.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

No. He could be a Tory. 

It's okay. I've already sung the Internationale at them first.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

No idea. We didn't here, we were all very good and far apart but then it's a street where it's quite easy to do that.

There were quite a few bunched together on the footage I saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnoco said:

There were quite a few bunched together on the footage I saw. 

If there from the same house then that's fine.

I do take your point. Which is why it's meant to be a clap from your front door/balcony/window.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If there from the same house then that's fine.

I do take your point. Which is why it's meant to be a clap from your front door/balcony/window.

No, this seemed to be people from different houses congregating together (behind the news reporter) Anyway, don’t wanna nit pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Whereas I'm not surprised by you souring this thread by making such a comment.

I'd like to thank the government, the civil servants who are losing their sanity working their butts off, to the delivery drivers, the shelf stackers, the checkout people, the countless volunteers like those at the Eccleston Arms here in St Helens who are taking stuff to people stuck in their houses; the police who we need to keep a lid on the scroats as well as make sure nobody is putting lives at risk, to all those who are still working in spite of the risks to ensure that those who cannot work are safe and have food and contact.

Had someone suggested a clap for all those people as well then I'd have been the first out the door.

I know who are in the trenches on the front line and by better planning most of the other trades you've mentioned can reduce their risks, I suppose the doctors and nurses could also have reduced their risk if the thousands of required nurses and doctors had been trained and employed.

 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clap for the NHS? Haven't they got enough problems without dealing with the Clap as well

  • Haha 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Clap for the NHS? Haven't they got enough problems without dealing with the Clap as well

As a student nurse, I did a couple of bank shifts as an NA on what was then called GUmed. I have never had my eyes opened and legs crossed as much in my life. That was one experience that will stay with me.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2020 at 13:54, Robin Evans said:

As a student nurse, I did a couple of bank shifts as an NA on what was then called GUmed. I have never had my eyes opened and legs crossed as much in my life. That was one experience that will stay with me.

Try working in theatre when they do an Orchiectomy - Removal of the Testicles

Edited by Bleep1673
  • Sad 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Clap for the NHS? Haven't they got enough problems without dealing with the Clap as well

Glad it's not just me who thought that, Bleep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...