Wakefield Trinity plans submision

31 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

345272362_234664149250956_27092121114126

345619811_2083405001852741_1710398935437

345175630_918649806017642_68882545496402

Pitch looking a right mess. Massive problem. 

Interesting that they’ve run the stand to the try line, rather than further on to the dead ball line (I’m sure the old one ran longer). Presumably to make better access to the other areas of the ground? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 08/05/2023 at 11:25, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Interesting that they’ve run the stand to the try line, rather than further on to the dead ball line (I’m sure the old one ran longer). Presumably to make better access to the other areas of the ground? 

I presume so looking at the planning diagrams. 

For all the negative press a couple of month back on the pitch it looks absolutely amazing and still has yet to reach maximum potential over summer. It certainly could be one of the best pitches in rugby league. Positive news for the superleague and Wakefield trinity. 

the North stand looks much better with its facelift and once the east stand and car park are all done it will be much more inviting to media, other clubs and a more suiteable home. 

Happy the club have gone with solar panels and renewable water source from an environmental and cost perspective. That will save multiple thousands over the year! 

it’s taken a lot of time and effort but a couple more months and I’m looking forward to the opening.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

I presume so looking at the planning diagrams. 

For all the negative press a couple of month back on the pitch it looks absolutely amazing and still has yet to reach maximum potential over summer. It certainly could be one of the best pitches in rugby league. Positive news for the superleague and Wakefield trinity. 

the North stand looks much better with its facelift and once the east stand and car park are all done it will be much more inviting to media, other clubs and a more suiteable home. 

Happy the club have gone with solar panels and renewable water source from an environmental and cost perspective. That will save multiple thousands over the year! 

it’s taken a lot of time and effort but a couple more months and I’m looking forward to the opening.

Yes I think it looks great. Like Rovers have done, I much prefer clubs doing this sort of step-by-step improvement to their grounds rather than the endless dream of brilliant new stadium which never quite comes off. One thing at a time eh, you end up in a better place sooner than you think.

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yes I think it looks great. Like Rovers have done, I much prefer clubs doing this sort of step-by-step improvement to their grounds rather than the endless dream of brilliant new stadium which never quite comes off. One thing at a time eh, you end up in a better place sooner than you think.

I think the club have a 3-5 year plan for further improvements on the west and other sections.

I agree, the times of brand new stadia for RL clubs is over. Stand by stand and section by section is the way to go for sure. 

The 13 million for these improvements would have been enough for a 10k new stadium back in 2005-10 maybe. The reality is these days it’s 1.5 stands or so now. 

Pleased with the progress. Also happy to see a head of media job gone up from trinity today. The social profile and other areas should show improvements too. 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 01:23, Oldbear said:

It’s Groundhog Day!

Seriously though Wakey have an awesome core of fans who deserve better than the current slum, so I hope this time everything goes through and the bureaucrats and their cronies are not able to interfere.

Always had a core of loyal supporters but unfortunately they have over past years been failed by poor management and organisation. Even during the 60s at their peak, the club finished on the brink. 

• 1 month later...

I for one would like to congratulate Wakefield on their development.

1) If they had done nothing, they would certainly have been kicked out of SL

2)The development looks great and will increase non match day revenue.

3)they are now at least 2 yrs ahead of Castleford.

4)If the take over goes through and the various improvements are completed, even if they are relegated this season,they should have a favourites chance to return to SL the following season - with much improved facilities, a new owner (well done to the existing) and momentum

5)Castleford will be as they are.

6)Frankly, there is alot of potential in the city of Wakefield, as opposed to Cas. I fully accept that Cas is a rl town, with better existing support than Wakefield.

7)I want all rl clubs to succeed but frankly,Wakefield have given themselves a far better chance by carrying through the various improvements.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cookey said:

4)If the take over goes through and the various improvements are completed, even if they are relegated this season,they should have a favourites chance to return to SL the following season - with much improved facilities, a new owner (well done to the existing) and momentum

6)Frankly, there is alot of potential in the city of Wakefield, as opposed to Cas. I fully accept that Cas is a rl town, with better existing support than Wakefield.

7)I want all rl clubs to succeed but frankly,Wakefield have given themselves a far better chance by carrying through the various improvements.

You say if they hadn't done anything they would have been kicked out, do you think Castleford will be kicked out ? They have done NOTHING to their ground but keep saying they are going to.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

You say if they hadn't done anything they would have been kicked out, do you think Castleford will be kicked out ? They have done NOTHING to their ground but keep saying they are going to.

To be fair to Cas they have had good crowds and a bit of success extra as brownie points until recently.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, cookey said:

6)Frankly, there is alot of potential in the city of Wakefield, as opposed to Cas. I fully accept that Cas is a rl town, with better existing support than Wakefield

Remember though that Wakefield is a city in name only. The population isn’t even double that of Castleford’s. It’s actually smaller than the town of Huddersfield. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yes, unfortunately, Cas will be favourites to be removed.

Simply, neither Cas or Bradford have grounds suitable for SL after the '24 season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Remember though that Wakefield is a city in name only. The population isn’t even double that of Castleford’s. It’s actually smaller than the town of Huddersfield. 

I appreciuate what you are saying and I'm not a great fan of simple statistics, because they can prove whatever you want them to but the latest population figures for Castleford and Wakefield respectively ( I know the figures for Wakefield include the five towns are

Castleford  - 45,000

Wakefield   - 340,00

The business and industrial base of Wakefield is far larger than that of Castleford. I know the various arguements, people in Wakefield support Leeds Utd, Cas is a rugby league town, existing crowds are bigger at Cas etc, etc. However, in my humble view, after the '24 season, if the Wakefield developments (including take over and the 24 season itself and nothing happens at Cas(which I expect) beyond various promises, then in my opinion, Wakefield have a bettedr chance of being in SL in '25 than Cas. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cookey said:

I appreciuate what you are saying and I'm not a great fan of simple statistics, because they can prove whatever you want them to but the latest population figures for Castleford and Wakefield respectively ( I know the figures for Wakefield include the five towns are

Castleford  - 45,000

Wakefield   - 340,00

The business and industrial base of Wakefield is far larger than that of Castleford. I know the various arguements, people in Wakefield support Leeds Utd, Cas is a rugby league town, existing crowds are bigger at Cas etc, etc. However, in my humble view, after the '24 season, if the Wakefield developments (including take over and the 24 season itself and nothing happens at Cas(which I expect) beyond various promises, then in my opinion, Wakefield have a bettedr chance of being in SL in '25 than Cas. Just my thoughts.

The 340,000 figure you quote for Wakefield is for the district as a whole (including Castleford, Featherstone, etc).

The actual settlement of Wakefield had a population of about 110,000 at the last census.

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

The 340,000 figure you quote for Wakefield is for the district as a whole (including Castleford, Featherstone, etc).

The actual settlement of Wakefield had a population of about 110,000 at the last census.

Yes, thank you, please read what I wrote !!

Much appreciated.

As I say, its just my view. I really cant see both Cas and Wakefield being in SL after the '24 season.

My background is commercial property development. Basically, its far, far easy to secure finance/funding/investment for commercial property development(retail,office,industrial) in Wakefield as opposed to Castleford.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cookey said:

Simply, neither Cas or Bradford have grounds suitable for SL after the '24 season.

Eh? What on earth has a Cas / Wakey discussion got to do with us? 

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 1

Castleford  - 45,000

Wakefield   - 340,00

Common mistake. 340,000 is the WMDC area that includes Castleford, Pontefract, Featherstone, Normanton etc.

The population of the city of Wakefield is around 90-100,000. A very small city. You could maybe include Osset and Horbury in their potential catchment, but the 5 towns definitely not. (Except maybe a bit of Normanton).

Without wishing to rain on Wakey fans parade. The new development is a stand and pitch. Their financial projections for their future revenue look like they are straight off fantasy island. The rest of the stadium still looks awful and the TV cameras will never see the shiny new stand.

Yes Wakey can grow (and I hope they do), but be realistic about their potential.

Edited by David Shepherd

Stadium is only a very small component of the IMG criteria.

20 hours ago, Damien said:

The new stand is looking great. Its going to be a real asset for Wakey:

Looking good. The bricks and sticks guys are virtually there and the glazings coming in. Completion in August will be dependent on how much M&E/fit-out was done when the building wasn't fully watertight, if they've not made a headstart I'd say August is a bit ambitious tbh. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

To be fair to Cas they have had good crowds and a bit of success extra as brownie points until recently.  

For the size of the town cas get some excellent crowds ( not lately obviously) but it isn't just about crowds. The ground is a disgrace and needs doing up before it gets any worse.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Common mistake. 340,000 is the WMDC area that includes Castleford, Pontefract, Featherstone, Normanton etc.

The population of the city of Wakefield is around 90-100,000. A very small city. You could maybe include Osset and Horbury in their potential catchment, but the 5 towns definitely not. (Except maybe a bit of Normanton).

Without wishing to rain on Wakey fans parade. The new development is a stand and pitch. Their financial projections for their future revenue look like they are straight off fantasy island. The rest of the stadium still looks awful and the TV cameras will never see the shiny new stand.

Yes Wakey can grow (and I hope they do), but be realistic about their potential.

90 - 100,000?  That must just be just Wakefield central wards.  Outwood Wrenthorpe Stanley Sandal Walton etc  are all classed as Wakefield don’t think they’re included in that figure.  

Up the Trin 

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

The rest of the stadium still looks awful and the TV cameras will never see the shiny new stand.

They will be pointing right at it. Worst part of the going will be behind the cameras.

Anyhow it's a start, hope the new guy can continue the ground improvements. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, cookey said:

Totally agree,  even with our league position at the moment I’m more optimistic about our future than I’ve ever been in the 40 years I’ve watched the Trin.

• Like 1