Wakefield Trinity plans submision

7 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Looks good but can’t help thinking they’ve missed a trick not including a Trinity band of red white and blue ala the shirt.

The scattered approach means any empty seats are a little more disguised. Similar to York and quite common in Oz. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The scattered approach means any empty seats are a little more disguised. Similar to York and quite common in Oz. 

Yep, I get that, but still! Either way, it’s going to be a transformative development for them. Will be good to see what’s planned for the opposite side. 

• Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

Yep, I get that, but still! Either way, it’s going to be a transformative development for them. Will be good to see what’s planned for the opposite side. 

Hopefully there aren’t many empty seats to hide, of course! Quite what they can achieve with the West Terrace is anyone’s guess, but even just re-profiling the terracing as they have with the upper section behind the sticks would make a huge difference.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Hopefully there aren’t many empty seats to hide, of course! Quite what they can achieve with the West Terrace is anyone’s guess, but even just re-profiling the terracing as they have with the upper section behind the sticks would make a huge difference.  

Being a bit of a saddo, I looked at the space they have on google. There’s more than appears at a sideways glance. 

I always thought there were issues behind with the houses, but there is a road in between.

There is a partial roof on the right hand side which you think could be extended fairly easily along the length of the ground. 

However, if they are looking for some fairly inexpensive and heavy engineering light coverage, they could look to something like a heavy duty awning/canopy type cover which would make the area look much better than it is now and provide much needed cover. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

9 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Being a bit of a saddo, I looked at the space they have on google. There’s more than appears at a sideways glance. 

I always thought there were issues behind with the houses, but there is a road in between.

There is a partial roof on the right hand side which you think could be extended fairly easily along the length of the ground. 

However, if they are looking for some fairly inexpensive and heavy engineering light coverage, they could look to something like a heavy duty awning/canopy type cover which would make the area look much better than it is now and provide much needed cover. 

Tbh it isn’t the lack of cover that is the problem on that side, more how shallow (and uneven) the terracing is, the large gap at the front that doesn’t really achieve anything and in particular the concrete dugouts that cause obstructed views from any number of positions. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbh it isn’t the lack of cover that is the problem on that side, more how shallow (and uneven) the terracing is, the large gap at the front that doesn’t really achieve anything and in particular the concrete dugouts that cause obstructed views from any number of positions. 

If you're on about the western terrace, the dugouts have not been at that side all season and when they were they weren't concrete, they were uPVC and perspex with some crappy chairs in them. 

1 hour ago, Rioman said:

If you're on about the western terrace, the dugouts have not been at that side all season and when they were they weren't concrete, they were uPVC and perspex with some crappy chairs in them. 

Apologies, I haven’t been since 2021. Has the below been removed now?

IMG_2152.jpeg

13 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

There’s space for a decent stand on the western terrace, we used to have one can’t you remember the old west stand.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

That’s the one, we knocked it down straight after the Bradford fire only to find out later we didn’t need to.  So the story goes.

Oh no that's even more heartbreaking! No offence to Castleford fans (I love Wheldon Road) but their wooden main stand is a bit of a rickety eyesore. This old stand at Wakefield looked really elegant and would have been a terrific historic feature had it remained IMO.

• Like 1

It was a bit of a crush at half time when supporters wanted to change ends.The tunnel was only about 6ft wide.The dressing rooms were under the stand and you could smell the wintergreen and rubbing oils.Never used the main stand but my uncle used to do the match broadcast to the local hospitals from it.

20 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Oh no that's even more heartbreaking! No offence to Castleford fans (I love Wheldon Road) but their wooden main stand is a bit of a rickety eyesore. This old stand at Wakefield looked really elegant and would have been a terrific historic feature had it remained IMO.

Kind of like the old style stands at the north Sydney oval.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 06:12, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

That’s the one, we knocked it down straight after the Bradford fire only to find out later we didn’t need to.  So the story goes.

It couldn't have stayed up looking like that so maybe it was cheaper to knock down than to make safe.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'm sure that Wakefield stand would now be too another 40 years down the line.

Where's the latest drone fly-by video?

The last one i saw was great!

I'd love to see how the ground has moved on since the last one is saw. 

7 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Where's the latest drone fly-by video?

The last one i saw was great!

I'd love to see how the ground has moved on since the last one is saw. 

• Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 26/08/2023 at 20:34, Leyther_Matt said:

And the toilets and the warm cans of Carlberg

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

And the toilets and the warm cans of Carlberg

The toilets serving the Western terrace are modern and WT don't sell cans of Carlsberg.

Are you thinking of somewhere else?

Still, you will never have to go on the Western terrace again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dboy said:

The toilets serving the Western terrace are modern and WT don't sell cans of Carlsberg.

Are you thinking of somewhere else?

Still, you will never have to go on the Western terrace again.

When I was at the 2019 relegation game with Broncos they were selling warm cans if Carlberg for cash only mate....I remember it well because they were so disgusting!!

I might be getting the toilets mixed up with Cas though!

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

When I was at the 2019 relegation game with Broncos they were selling warm cans if Carlberg for cash only mate....I remember it well because they were so disgusting!!

I might be getting the toilets mixed up with Cas though!

To quote John Cooper Clarke, "Quicker than lager turns to p!sh."

When Wakey does open the new stand, it will make the West terrace look even worse.

Its crumbling, it's encased with grime and out in the open.

To quote the Bard of Salford again, to me:

"Its like a night club in the morning."

But even so stay up lads.

• Haha 1