Jump to content

Featherstone investigation


Recommended Posts

Must be a great Fev fan for posting the photo in the first place. The only player to be identified from the photo is Brett Ferres, but I've no idea who the others are. Unbelievable that we find ourselves in a decent place on field, only to be torn to pieces by actions like this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, wasginger said:

Must be a great Fev fan for posting the photo in the first place. The only player to be identified from the photo is Brett Ferres, but I've no idea who the others are. Unbelievable that we find ourselves in a decent place on field, only to be torn to pieces by actions like this.

Do you think the club will name the other players for the RFL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wasginger said:

Must be a great Fev fan for posting the photo in the first place. The only player to be identified from the photo is Brett Ferres, but I've no idea who the others are. Unbelievable that we find ourselves in a decent place on field, only to be torn to pieces by actions like this.

Indeed like many scenarios, the action itself was stupid, but it was even more stupid to be caught on camera.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed like many scenarios, the action itself was stupid, but it was even more stupid to be caught on camera.

 

Like the Wakey players who had a New Year's party (or whatever it was) and posted the evidence.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

distantdog I've seen the photo on Facebook and Brett Ferres is the only player I can recognise, purely because he was next to where the photo was taken. As for the others in the photo I haven't a clue. I think there's going to be a lot of soul searching being done by certain people associated with the club. I don't mean players either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wasginger said:

distantdog I've seen the photo on Facebook and Brett Ferres is the only player I can recognise, purely because he was next to where the photo was taken. As for the others in the photo I haven't a clue. I think there's going to be a lot of soul searching being done by certain people associated with the club. I don't mean players either.

I'm interested to see whether the club is seen by the RFL to be cooperating with the investigation. Surely they have to. If there were more players there, the club have to name them I would have thought.

I agree with your final point. It seems that this season provided the club with their best ever chance to get to SL, and if this incident is the reason for them failing to do that, then those people you hint at can only blame themselves.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Like the Wakey players who had a New Year's party (or whatever it was) and posted the evidence.

Exactly, stupidity really. I can actually understand people being lax with the rules somewhat, people are with all sorts of rules all the time, but being stupid enough to know you're breaking the rules and then not have a no camera policy or whatever is beyond idiocy for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to the report, which is all that I have to go on like everyone else, there was a mixture of players and club staff. In addition it is suggested that directors of the club were mingling with members of the public in the stands.

If this is true (a big IF, I know) then it indicates a very poor attitude towards the regulations throughout the club. I can understand why Steve Gill left, apparently in disgust.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a set of dafties.

If I were Fev I would come out call it an error of judgement, make something up to excuse why it happened, make a largish donation to the NHS and maybe hand the 2 points to Batley. I think its possible any action could be worse than that so best to try and get ahead of the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RP London said:

also if/when the BBC run with this the top 2 stories on the RL page could well be f*ckwits Featherstone and gonnad grabbing George!! brilliant.. just what we need after a positive couple of weeks.. straight back down to the ground with a dirty great thump.... 

good work all involved!!

Sorry got to ask ,  was bussey served with fresh nut's with his beer😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of sports fans last year did not take up refunds of season tickets that they were entitled to, in order to support their clubs.

Fans again have still contributed to club's this year, again, with little return for it.

The club may be punished with fines due to this indiscretion. If I was a Featherstone fan, I would be furious if money I had donated was used to pay a fine caused by breaching lockdown rules.

 

  • Like 6

Twitter: @TrylineUK
Latest Blog: Bringing the Game to a New Audience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously the rules that apply to grassroots sport don't apply here, so that's not a good comparison to make. There are plenty of things that professional clubs are allowed to do within their bubble that ordinary members of the public aren't just now. 

If this was a case of "right lads, get changed and then we will gather in the function room for our debrief" then I'd say that was fine. However, I see no evidence that this is anything other than a post match knees up. Beers on the table, rugby on the tv, everyone chatting amongst themselves. It's hard to tell on those photos exactly who is there but it doesn't look like it's purely players and coaches either.

Whatever the outcome of the investigation its a poor look for Fev and for the game. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF PROVED, it is the loyal supporters who have been kicked in the teeth . With the squad we have brought together, the season looked like things could happen and in May we could all go to POR and watch these players do the business. Now what have they done but let us down big style, and there is no excuse . This will cost the club big bucks and is likely to lose us sponsors. What a loan of plonkers. Will I bale out, lets see what the RFL come up with.?????

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WTF is it with Fev always want to be seen as the downtrodden but always want to be seen as special.

If found guilty by the RFL investigation then the entire board at Featherstone should be declared as not fit to run an RL club and a new board has to be formed ASAP for them to continue as a member.

They haven't just jeopardised their own club but the entire game. 

If I was a Fev supporter I would be absolutely livid.

 

 

  • Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Padge said:

WTF is it with Fev always want to be seen as the downtrodden but always want to be seen as special.

If found guilty by the RFL investigation then the entire board at Featherstone should be declared as not fit to run an RL club and a new board has to be formed ASAP for them to continue as a member.

They haven't just jeopardised their own club but the entire game. 

If I was a Fev supporter I would be absolutely livid.

 

 

Wait, you're not a fev supporter?

  • Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Wait, you're not a fev supporter?

Doesn't matter how long I wait.

 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MZH said:

... If this was a case of "right lads, get changed and then we will gather in the function room for our debrief" then I'd say that was fine...

I’m pretty certain that would still be a major infringement of the Covid protocols.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Padge said:

WTF is it with Fev always want to be seen as the downtrodden but always want to be seen as special.

If found guilty by the RFL investigation then the entire board at Featherstone should be declared as not fit to run an RL club and a new board has to be formed ASAP for them to continue as a member.

They haven't just jeopardised their own club but the entire game. 

If I was a Fev supporter I would be absolutely livid.

 

 

Doesn't sound like you are one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Doesn't sound like you are one.

Your point is?

 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MZH said:

Obviously the rules that apply to grassroots sport don't apply here, so that's not a good comparison to make. There are plenty of things that professional clubs are allowed to do within their bubble that ordinary members of the public aren't just now. 

If this was a case of "right lads, get changed and then we will gather in the function room for our debrief" then I'd say that was fine. However, I see no evidence that this is anything other than a post match knees up. Beers on the table, rugby on the tv, everyone chatting amongst themselves. It's hard to tell on those photos exactly who is there but it doesn't look like it's purely players and coaches either.

Whatever the outcome of the investigation its a poor look for Fev and for the game. 

I’d disagree with that, social distancing rules are quite universal. Organisations whether sports clubs or other places of work are advised to follow social distancing wherever possible to reduce the risk of transmission. Congregating indoors without masks or social distancing in place would not be allowed in any setting under current government rules. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...