George Hotel Museum not going ahead (Merged Threads)

On 02/02/2022 at 08:29, JohnM said:

Perhaps the very word "museum" needs replacing with something like "festival".

Museums do a definitive job in terms of legacy and recognition of tradition festivals quite another.

There are some really questionable and even idiotic things that have their own museum in a historically important place for the idiocy and the fact that this has not come into being for something that has been a social, traditional and cultural      part of the north in its birth place reflects well on all those involved.

Boris will give us the dosh if we can get him to use it as a part of the mythical levelling up!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 2 months later...

On 25/05/2022 at 14:45, JF1 said:

Quite remarkably,the George Hotel fiasco was raised at Prime Minister's Questions this lunchtime.

Is was raised about 5 minutes before Boris' partygate statement so will have received plenty of views,I imagine.

Jason McCartney,Conservative Colne Valley MP,berated the Labour dominated Kirklees council about the apparently stalled scheme.

He received a vague reply about referring it to the Department of Sports,Art and Culture.

Back to the drawing board,then.

Well, that's never happened before!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Fears Huddersfield's Rugby League Museum could end up outside of Yorkshire

'The Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS) understands that Wigan, which lost out to Huddersfield in a close-fought bidding battle two years ago, could yet be the winner. Leeds has also expressed an interest.'

Good. The sooner that Huddersfield is written off as the town to host this, the better. The town already has more than enough white elephants.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

The women of Huddersfield love you too

I live here old lad; at least I know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 1

at least with luck a decision will be made even if its only that its not going to Huddersfield. 

then its a simple decision to take it to a city than wants it and can afford it .

no more messing about I'm sure a deal can be done before the end of the year  .