Jump to content

Interesting news from FEV


Recommended Posts

Leeds Rhinos and Featherstone Rovers are set to continue their longstanding partnership in 2022, which will see members of the Rhinos first team squad playing on Dual Registration with Rovers when not selected for the Rhinos.

What's interesting about  that I hear you say FEV have been doing that for donkeys years  I agree but  there's more  i

        The partnership will also see Rovers players playing alongside Rhinos in a new reserve grade team   🤣🤣 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Personally I think players should not be allowed to play on dual registration in the play offs. Imagine if Leeds players helped Featherstone gain promotion to Super League, how can that be justified?

Can we dual reg Leeds supporters?

Cos I'd like you to come join us next season. I'll even buy you a drink.

  • Haha 3

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Can we dual reg Leeds supporters?

Cos I'd like you to come join us next season. I'll even buy you a drink.

Featherstone have regularly offered cheap tickets to Leeds fans. Other than to watch the overseas sides like Toulouse and Toronto (when they were in the Championship) I’m not personally interested in the offers. Even though it’s a lower standard I’d rather watch Leeds Reserves than Leeds players playing for Featherstone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Featherstone have regularly offered cheap tickets to Leeds fans. Other than to watch the overseas sides like Toulouse and Toronto (when they were in the Championship) I’m not personally interested in the offers. Even though it’s a lower standard I’d rather watch Leeds Reserves than Leeds players playing for Featherstone.

That's nice. You'd rather watch our Fev reserves playing for Leeds reserves than your Leeds players playing Championship Rugby? Whatever floats your boat......

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldent it have been great to have seen fev grab a spot in SL, and have done it with a fev squad,i do hope you go all the way just to see the celebrations around fev, but its already tarnished before a balls thrown. kids coming thru getting a game is fine, but first teamers running out make one hell of difference as well you fellas know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are the RFL thinking about in allowing teams to be bolstered by other teams who subsequently are making them falsely stronger than they actually are. 

It renders and makes the competition a complete and utter farce whether that be in assisting a team to win promotion or at the other end of the table it could save a team from relegation.

I really am getting piffed off with the complete amateurish attitude that those in power consider what is supposedly good for the game, it's about time Rimmer and the SL governance were force fed a couple of slices of reality, they keep telling everyone who is prepared to listen what a forward looking and well run sport RL is, trouble is there are fewer people willing to listen these days.

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see the benefit to Fev but why does the Leeds Academy machine need to bulk up its reserve squad with loanees?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I can see the benefit to Fev but why does the Leeds Academy machine need to bulk up its reserve squad with loanees?

Presumably because the reserve team isn't where the club believes academy players will get exposed to the best football and the club hasn't recruited a group of players to play reserve grade all year. First team or Fev are the preferred options for first teamers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Featherstone have regularly offered cheap tickets to Leeds fans. Other than to watch the overseas sides like Toulouse and Toronto (when they were in the Championship) I’m not personally interested in the offers. Even though it’s a lower standard I’d rather watch Leeds Reserves than Leeds players playing for Featherstone.

I think Leeds also have a loan partnership with Bradford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

What do us Championship fans know? As long as its good for the SL clubs then its seen as good for the game.

Nail on head there B O.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

I think Leeds also have a loan partnership with Bradford.

What do you mean by "loan partnership" ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely it's just the two gaming the rigged system. And if it's legal,who can blame them.

For the Bonnie and Clyde of RLFC, its win win.

Whether it is blooding players back from injury in the Championship than against a gaggle of BARLA boys on a  damp field in Lancashire, Fev settling their pack with SL blow ins or maybe some curious acts of arithmetic in the Salary Cap of Fun?

As this is RL, I expect lots of fudge, nudge and budge around this with its "fairness" being pushed as much as possible. I don't expect the RFL to have a clue regarding this or the means to either allow it or not.

It does merit thought that if we have feeder teams, is this how it would be like?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I can see the benefit to Fev but why does the Leeds Academy machine need to bulk up its reserve squad with loanees?

Maybe the idea is as a Leeds player drs for Fev the player who gets pushed out of the Fev squad goes to play for Leeds reserves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

What do us Championship fans know? As long as its good for the SL clubs then its seen as good for the game.

If it wasn’t good for championship clubs they wouldn’t be doing it. You might not like it as fans but the clubs obviously do. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

If it wasn’t good for championship clubs they wouldn’t be doing it. You might not like it as fans but the clubs obviously do. 

it’s not good for THE championship clubs... its good for a FEW championship clubs that manage to partner with the better SL teams 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Surely it's just the two gaming the rigged system. And if it's legal,who can blame them.

For the Bonnie and Clyde of RLFC, its win win.

Whether it is blooding players back from injury in the Championship than against a gaggle of BARLA boys on a  damp field in Lancashire, Fev settling their pack with SL blow ins or maybe some curious acts of arithmetic in the Salary Cap of Fun?

As this is RL, I expect lots of fudge, nudge and budge around this with its "fairness" being pushed as much as possible. I don't expect the RFL to have a clue regarding this or the means to either allow it or not.

It does merit thought that if we have feeder teams, is this how it would be like?

What Gary Hetherington wants - he gets!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...