New SL Season Promo Video

No, but I hate it and it's rubbish. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Knowing Sky it’ll just be a load of big hits and some northern voice over artist going on about how tough Rugby League is as it is most years. 

I hope they don’t forget to mention whippets and coal mines. 

When will we the 'converted' who believe we have the "bee's knee's" of team sports realise that in wholesale opinion we are way way down on most people's popularity list, in fact probably more than 80% of the people on the planet have never heard of Rugby League and another 10% can't distinguish it from Rugby Union. 

Who will a promotional video be aimed at? Who apart from those who take an interest in the domestic comps will give it a second glance and how effective have they been in recent years? save the money on a season one and quadruple the budget to keep shoving the WC down people's throats at every opportunity throughout the season in the hope that it sticks with quite a few people.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who will a promotional video be aimed at?

I would hope it would be aimed at potential C4 viewers who haven’t watched a game of RL. I just hope it’s a professional-looking promo based on the excitement our sport can offer, rather than a mish-mash of Northern Z-list celebrities looking like they’re trying to market CheezyPeas to 1980s school kids.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

41 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Well it's definitely going to feature Will Pryce doing what appears to be Sodoku's, so that's a bit of a curveball for me....

I think that’s just Leon intentionally placing things around the house to look intellectual.

I have a Molton Brown hand wash in my downstairs loo that only comes out for the mother-in-law. Normally it’s Quality Save soap.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

When will we the 'converted' who believe we have the "bee's knee's" of team sports realise that in wholesale opinion we are way way down on most people's popularity list, in fact probably more than 80% of the people on the planet have never heard of Rugby League and another 10% can't distinguish it from Rugby Union. 

Who will a promotional video be aimed at? Who apart from those who take an interest in the domestic comps will give it a second glance and how effective have they been in recent years? save the money on a season one and quadruple the budget to keep shoving the WC down people's throats at every opportunity throughout the season in the hope that it sticks with quite a few people.

You don’t think we and Sky should be advertising that a new season is starting soon, even to those who are already fans?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Super League is on Sky, the World Cup on the BBC. You might as well argue Netflix should promote stuff on Amazon. 

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is this a copy of an email from your Grandson about this.?🤔🤔

13 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Well it's definitely going to feature Will Pryce doing what appears to be Sodoku's, so that's a bit of a curveball for me....

When he goes to the NRL he'll be able to afford a full width stair carpet.

On 08/01/2022 at 09:02, Mattrhino said:

I actually saw some RL on a Sky promo the other day. I was shocked someone sneaked it on there. I'm sure it was a mistake and they meant to put in the netball superleague on it.

Today, just seen two Sky promos for sports they will be covering in 2022. You know the thing, loud music and a second or two of a bit of action from that sport, one following on from the other. First one had no rugby league on at all, and the second one had one excerpt from a game. Just hope there is more sports promos out there from Sky, with a bit more on TGG as the season draws nearer.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Archived