16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"Leeds have confirmed that Agar will remain at Headingley in a yet-to-be-specified role"

polishing the John Holmes statue?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, graveyard johnny said:

polishing the John Holmes statue?

Surely that's a ladies job?  Oh that John Holmes?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"Leeds have confirmed that Agar will remain at Headingley in a yet-to-be-specified role"

That's a borderline use of the word 'confirmed'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I might throw my hat into the ring.  I have absolutely no experience or talent in coaching but I can toss out a few cliché's in a post match interview.

Here is my interview pitch:

"Full credit to the lads, we have a good group here and they showed tremendous spirit and really played for each other.  The start was tough as they were really in the arm wrestle while our middles worked hard to get on top and showed some real desire.  I thought we took what we practiced during the week and did a really good job of executing.  We stayed consistent to our processes and that paid off in the end as we completed well against a quality side.  We are taking it one game at a time but we ticked all the boxes tonight and we backed ourselves to dig deep and came away with the win."

Absolutely chock full of words but zero substance.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I might throw my hat into the ring.  I have absolutely no experience or talent in coaching but I can toss out a few cliché's in a post match interview.

"Full credit to the lads, we have a good group here and they showed tremendous spirit and really played for each other.  The start was tough as they were really in the arm wrestle while our middles worked hard to get on top and showed some real desire.  I thought we took what we practiced during the week and did a really good job of executing.  We stayed consistent to our processes and that paid off in the end as we completed well against a quality side.  We are taking it one game at a time but we ticked all the boxes tonight and we backed ourselves to dig deep and came away with the win."

Is that an echo?

Sure I have heard it repeated, repeated, repeated repeated a few times this season.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's easy to get away with zero substance if you 'get the two points on the board'; it's what you do when you are losing that really attracts intention. Fans get riled by 'we trained really hard in the week' or (Steve Price's favourite) 'there's a good footy team in there somewhere'.

Daryl Powell has started in interesting fashion because he was mildly critical of the team when we were winning early on, so he sort of has to keep ramping it up as our performances get worse. To make things even more difficult he has been at pains to shake off his grumpy persona so has to point out we are while chuckling about it. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I think the process to appoint a new coach will take care of the Long situation anyway.  This way, Leeds retain a certain amount of continuity and the new coach will make his own decisions on who he want or doesn't.

Austin and Sezer are experienced pro's though.  They should be leading the team, not being nursemaided into whether it should be led or not.  They should have clear roles.  Lead the team and set examples.  Sezer was a good player for Hudds but isnt for Leeds.  Austin, imo, is good when a team is dominating but doesnt have the physical presence to help when the team is defending.  Both need a kick up the backside, more than once.

I doubt you'll find anyone from Huddersfield able to agree with that.

Shame. He seems a nice bloke. Maybe that is why I am tempted to say he makes a better assistant coach. He once walked past us in the Trafford centre. That is true. I have never really seen many RL folk on my travels. But yes, Saw Agar. Hands off Stu Littler btw.

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Sadly, I spotted this fake fairly easily. You used the phrase "really good" when all proper coaches and pundits say "real good" ("real tough", "real proud", etc.). 

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Sadly, I spotted this fake fairly easily. You used the phrase "really good" when all proper coaches and pundits say "real good" ("real tough", "real proud", etc.). 

"Real proud" in a Wigan accent is like no other.

37 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Exactly . Grates on me that . So does ‘ good D ‘ . Coaches have all the jazzy phrases now to sound like they know what they’re doing . Stick to the game plan encompasses everything 

43 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm real gutted about that!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived