Kear Leaves The Bulls

55 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

why would he want to , as Bulldogs in 4th and looking to make play offs and he is Batley through and through , so hands off and look else where 😠

I agree. Why would Lingard want to go to the Bulls?

Frankly, right now, it would be a step down

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redditchbulldog said:

why would he want to , as Bulldogs in 4th and looking to make play offs and he is Batley through and through , so hands off and look else where 😠

Bigger budget is the only difference between Bulls and Batley at the moment.  Depends on what Lingard wants to work with.

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Wonder if Kear may consider returning to one of his previous clubs as director of rugby.

My thoughts too. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

I agree. Why would Lingard want to go to the Bulls?

Frankly, right now, it would be a step down

💰 💰

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Now would be a good time to join the Bulls as a coach.

Results-wise, you can only improve on them. Absolutely no-one thinks the Bulls could get promoted.

Academy ... amongst the best in the country.

training facilities ... first rate

Financial turnover higher than most Championship clubs ... come September, can buy new players and/or offer more money to the good ones.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Lingard is a great shout though and must be on Bradford's radar? Would he go?

Ultimately, and I don't blame anyone for seeing it this way, money talks. Could the Bulls offer more? Probably?

There's a lot of issues at Bradford that need sorting out on and off the pitch. A coach would have to be sure they could get on with the job of coaching the team without the other distractions. For Lingard, the Batley job appears to be a good fit currently and he will be enjoying the success they are having. Is it worth chucking that security away? Quite a decision.

30 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Now would be a good time to join the Bulls as a coach.

Results-wise, you can only improve on them. Absolutely no-one thinks the Bulls could get promoted.

Still plenty of room for results to get worse and the squad looks like it needs a freshen up and a whole new fitness regime.

Academy ... amongst the best in the country.

This is true and a huge plus for teams in SL that they can tap in to this talent pool.

training facilities ... first rate

If this is true then they need to start putting them to good use.

Financial turnover higher than most Championship clubs ... come September, can buy new players and/or offer more money to the good ones.

Again this does seem to be true and Bradford do seem to be one of the highest spenders in the Championship despite seemingly losing money year on year.

Ive had a go at countering those points and probably the truth lies somewhere in between. I just don't know what Bradford can do to make this job attractive other than throw a load of cash at someone. Financially it doesn't take a rocket scientist to assume Bradford are currently losing money, I mean likely big squad spend, dwindling crowds, and the financial constraints of the ground and its easy to assume at the moment Bradford playing at Odsal does not have a happy ending.

The squad on paper does look like it could be capable of making one of the lower spots in the play offs and is still sniffing around those spots. A major draw back for any coach is the pitch and the type of rugby that can be played on it. I had a game a few weeks back on a pitch that was about the same dimensions as the Odsal pitch the referee told me and Im not kidding when I say even playing 11 a side it would have felt crowded. the worst thing that Bradford could do for me was give in to the RFL and move back to Odsal. 

All that said Ive not even started on Nigel Wood. 

Edit: I see Widnes are at it too now sacking their coach. That looks knee jerk.

Edited by The Blues Ox

Had to happen. The product on offer was horrendous. Most of us left have got used to losing but one man rugby vs 12 man Halifax says it all. 

the players attitude is as much to blame. brave performances against Featherstone and Leigh then pathetic walking it in for 5 tackles and the same old ‘Patton to Gill (everyone) knows the drill’ vs Sheffield, barrow etc. 

Sad for JK. He was the right man at the time but it was time for a change. Bradford are hamstrung by the pitch but it doesn’t stop some of those fatties getting themselves in shape and bending their backs. Crossley’s attempted tackle on Gale when he had literally just come on was embarrassing. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honest Woolly you want a Lancastrian who is also a born and bred Leigh lad, never!

Yes, but he had a great career with the Bulls and must still be reminiscing about the new experiences he gained by playing over this side of the border ... e.g tarmac roads, dentists, shoes without wooden soles, stunning looking women, BBC2 etc. In fairness there were also things he missed out on by travelling ... diptheria, bronco toilet paper, kids having NHS glasses with sticking plaster over one lens, breeze-block town halls,  comedy accents etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Yes, but he had a great career with the Bulls and must still be reminiscing about the new experiences he gained by playing over this side of the border ... e.g tarmac roads, dentists, shoes without wooden soles, stunning looking women, BBC2 etc. In fairness there were also things he missed out on by travelling ... diptheria, bronco toilet paper, kids having NHS glasses with sticking plaster over one lens, breeze-block town halls,  comedy accents etc.

I know Scott very well and he said the hardest thing when travelling to West Yerkshire was taking in a deep breath when passing Oldham and holding it in till the return journey😷

PS your mate Mumby Magic suggests Stuart Littler for coach, another Leyther.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know Scott very well and he said the hardest thing when travelling to West Yerkshire was taking in a deep breath when passing Oldham and holding it in till the return journey😷

PS your mate Mumby Magic suggests Stuart Littler for coach, another Leyther.

I've seen John Duffy suggested as well, Harry 😳

2 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I've seen John Duffy suggested as well, Harry 😳

I’d suggest Duffy is not the answer for Bradford. I thought he was pretty one dimensional at Featherstone and if plan A didn’t work, plan A was the alternative. Of course, there will be those that think my opinion is informed by the way he left the club. 

John  Kear is a legend - he lives, breathes and bleeds the game - more time with top clubs and he would have been our very  own wayne bennett - but top clubs too ready to get overseas coaches as quick fixes or not as it often turns out over the SL era - coaches dont take the field or write the cheques - he has worked wonders from the dugouts over the years with limited resources - great RL man through and through - viva JK 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

At least that news made the BBC Sport website, unlike the sacking of Simon Finnigan from Widnes Vikings. Yes John Kear is more well know, but they are both 2 famous (old) clubs playing in the league below the 'Sooper Dooper' one. Meanwhile in women's football, we have some breaking news from the BBC..... 👀

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

When’s the announcement expected?

Interviews to take place towards end of month. Had 12 expressions of interest from UK and abroad(presume its Aus) probably be in charge for Widnes game on 2nd June.

• Like 1