Fri 24th Jun: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/22 at 19:30

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Ambitious. 

He didn't say which Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

No lack of effort from either team but goodness that was the worst game of Rugby League I have seen in a long long time.

Even the Hull Daily Mail couldn't dress things up;

Genuinely one of the worst Super League games ever, Hull's lack of threat without their star-man Jake Connor was concerning. They just couldn't capitalise on any field position, despite having plenty of it. It was simply put, a dreadful affair, one hard to dress up for anything other than what it was - a hard watch.

Edited by DimmestStar

I usually say that even a bad game of RL is decent to watch, but I can't defend that. The only thing you could say about it was that the game was in the balance until the end. But of course it would be with a total of 4 points scored.

The game was close and tense at least. Neither side seemed to have any sort of attacking shape or plan though. Williams still looks like he needs to be introduced to the other Warrington players. Widdop at full back is utterly baffling, Ratchford, Thewlis, Ashton, Matoutia are all better options

8 hours ago, WN83 said:

Minus Connor I just don't think Hull have the points in them. The percentage of trys he's been directly involved in for Hull this season must be huge. Warrington have been dreadful but I fancy the break will let them reset a bit and Williams should take plenty of confidence from the game last weekend. 

Wire by 10

When I said Hull didn’t have points in them, I did think they might have a point in them.

Didn’t get to watch it (un) fortunately with being at a party. It sounds like a rough game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Watt said:

Did you have a few bob on the winner and the exact margin?

A very good point in a game where my lot couldn't find one.

On 22/06/2022 at 06:35, Old Frightful said:

I have no idea why this game is on Sky, presumably to make all the other teams feel better maybe?

Wire 16 Hull FC 12.

Don't say you lot weren't warned.

It can't have been enjoyable for a Wire fan attending and watching that, even allowing for the fact that they won, so you can imagine what it felt like attending and watching when my team lost.

Still, the kip on the way home was okay.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

25 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Still, the kip on the way home was okay.

I hope whoever was driving hadn't watched the match.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

55 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I hope whoever was driving hadn't watched the match.

He seemed in good spirits so I guess he didn't.

And he dropped me off at the top of my street on his way to deliver the coach back to Acklam's in Beverley which not all of their drivers do so he's obviously a good sort.

• Like 1

Well thankfully after reading this thread I missed the game, but is it really surprising to anyone that these two teams are capable of producing such a dour performance as is reported on these pages, two clubs who every season are up there with expectation continually let their fans down, no matter who they sign or bring in the next coaching messiah to turn around their fortunes, Steve Price must laugh himself to sleep at nights.

11 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Our doctor was down the tunnel seeing to daz clark during his hia.

Thats a small area of concern within the rules 

Yeah I thought that needs looking at. This though is another rule that’s had to be brought in to stop clubs cheating maybe they should take a bit of responsibility for it. 

5 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Yeah I thought that needs looking at. This though is another rule that’s had to be brought in to stop clubs cheating maybe they should take a bit of responsibility for it. 

Again though, I'm not sure what the problem is, by the time the game was stopped the injured player was around 40m away getting seen to. 

Fans complain when we stop for injuries not interfering with play, and then moan when we don't stop. We need to be better at knowing when to ignore complaints about trivial things. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Again though, I'm not sure what the problem is, by the time the game was stopped the injured player was around 40m away getting seen to. 

Fans complain when we stop for injuries not interfering with play, and then moan when we don't stop. We need to be better at knowing when to ignore complaints about trivial things. 

If it was something serious my worry would be that the trainer alone wouldn’t be able to get the game halted and with that may not be able to get the player the attention he needs. Maybe there should just be one signal from any staff member that lets everyone know this is serious. I realise it wasn’t serious in this incident but if it was the game wouldn’t have stopped until the doctor came back out or play got near to him. As I pointed out earlier this has only come about through clubs cheating in the past so maybe they need to take a look at themselves. 

Just now, bobbruce said:

If it was something serious my worry would be that the trainer alone wouldn’t be able to get the game halted and with that may not be able to get the player the attention he needs. Maybe there should just be one signal from any staff member that lets everyone know this is serious. I realise it wasn’t serious in this incident but if it was the game wouldn’t have stopped until the doctor came back out or play got near to him. As I pointed out earlier this has only come about through clubs cheating in the past so maybe they need to take a look at themselves. 

Does the game being stopped allow for different treatment to be administered? 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Does the game being stopped allow for different treatment to be administered? 

I don’t know that would be the worry that the trainer couldn’t get over the seriousness of an injury. Just thought it was probably something that needs looking at so we don’t get that situation happening. 

17 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

No lack of effort from either team but goodness that was the worst game of Rugby League I have seen in a long long time.

Even the Hull Daily Mail couldn't dress things up;

Genuinely one of the worst Super League games ever, Hull's lack of threat without their star-man Jake Connor was concerning. They just couldn't capitalise on any field position, despite having plenty of it. It was simply put, a dreadful affair, one hard to dress up for anything other than what it was - a hard watch.

Dan Tomlinson writes some good pieces for Up the Cream and the HDM site but I think that's a massive overstatement. I've seen worse games following Hull in the last two or three years alone. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

May be an image of text that says "BANNED Twitter> TheRFL_M RFL Match R... No bans from the Warrington V Hull FC game. Mostly because none of us are willing to watch it again."

• Haha 3