The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

From the results that is way over estimation on the wages paid, but wouldn't they have reduced that remarkably by Gale, Crooks and Chisholm leaving?

Oh they've massively overpaid, there's no doubting that.

Lovegrove, Gale, Crooks, Chisolm, Santi all left and will have been on good money. Replaced on the whole by loanees and players from Midlands, Hunslet and SL Reserve/academies. Apparently our budget is still the same but I can't for one minute see that it's been spent. Walker, Ioane, Doyle, Adebiyi, Robson, Sa'u, Trout, Young and maybe a couple of others still on decent brass and I expect most of those to leave at the end of this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Probably more. Some of the numbers I've heard for players we signed before this season are eye watering for the rugby that's been offered up.

Perhaps the Saudis are secret investors.:kolobok_crazy:

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

From the results that is way over estimation on the wages paid, but wouldn't they have reduced that remarkably by Gale, Crooks and Chisholm leaving?

I’d call it paying due diligence. If true £700k is way over. Make no wonder some of those so called superstars got shipped out based on the on field results which were being delivered. Talk about owners trying to run before learning the initial art of walking.

• Like 1

Hull have reportedly signed Jordan McLean. On paper it's a good signing. NRL and World Cup winner, still first choice in the NRL. Loads of experience but not especially old for a prop at 31.

However, with all signings like this, it will depend on his motivation. Plenty of NRL forwards have come over at the back end of their careers thinking it would be an easy ride and ended up doing nothing.

On paper, props of Sao, McLean, Pele, Fash, Taylor and Brown looks very decent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MZH said:

Hull have reportedly signed Jordan McLean. On paper it's a good signing. NRL and World Cup winner, still first choice in the NRL. Loads of experience but not especially old for a prop at 31.

However, with all signings like this, it will depend on his motivation. Plenty of NRL forwards have come over at the back end of their careers thinking it would be an easy ride and ended up doing nothing.

On paper, props of Sao, McLean, Pele, Fash, Taylor and Brown looks very decent.

Could be a good signing for Hull. The only concern with him is he never looks fit, always seem to he hanging back with hands on hips after about 10mins but he makes good yards when he does take the ball into contact.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Kevin Appo linked with Hull FC the man in the know, the Gamecaller.

I don't know why Kevin Appo is always on the bench, even when Joe Arundel is doing a shift at second row. He's very fit and tackles like a demon.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 09/08/2023 at 12:30, Saint Toppy said:

Could be a good signing for Hull. The only concern with him is he never looks fit, always seem to he hanging back with hands on hips after about 10mins but he makes good yards when he does take the ball into contact.

He's not a star signing, but is more the kind of solid guy who does the unflashy-but-necessary work. I think he'll do well in SL, if his heart's in it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

I don't know why Kevin Appo is always on the bench, even when Joe Arundel is doing a shift at second row. He's very fit and tackles like a demon.

Tbh I prefer him off the bench. God knows why Arundel is playing Second Row. The reserves have been playing cracking of late surely someone could get the nod. However Jowitt and a DFJ hattrick won't see them in the first team...

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 05/08/2023 at 10:23, TrueBull said:

Keighley went big on spend at the beginning of the season. Possibly only behind Fev and Toulouse. 

Toulouse got most of the new players from the elites so no big spending, they don't actually have a big budget.

They currently still don't have the new president installed, or a main sponsor on the shirts. Nothing will now happen until after the summer holidays...which is so infuriatingly french! This should have been sorted out pre-season

On 10/08/2023 at 15:50, Mumby Magic said:

Kevin Appo linked with Hull FC the man in the know, the Gamecaller.

I hadn't heard that one until now but I did see us being linked with another PNG player, Jacob Alick, the other day. 

We have plenty of cap space, quota spots, and players that we need to replace. We seem to be getting linked with everyone at the minute.

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

League 1 is his level so he will fit right in dont worry

Kear signed him cos in his words '' he is a pest '' .

Anyone tackling DFJ.......DO NOT touch his hair.

Edited by Stirlin
  • Haha 1

Andrew Fifita to Crigglestone All Blacks worthy of a mention.  Winning debut too.

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 18/08/2023 at 07:52, DG70 said:

Savelio leaving Hull, would be a good signing for most clubs, think Salford should be all over this one tbh.

Savelio has always flattered to deceive. He looked outstanding coming through the juniors but when he got to 1st team his body has always struggled with the physicality. There's a recurring pattern with him, he gets injured, spends months getting back to fitness, has 1 or 2 good games then gets injured again. It doesn't matter what club he's at or what competition he's playing in its always the same. Whoever signs him has to expect he'll be spending lengthy periods on the treatment table. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions