1. 1. Who will win?

• Scotland by 13 points or more
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 7 to 12 points
    • Italy by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 14:00

This was one of the best games in 2013, real thriller at a packed Derwent Park. Tough one to call, because Italy haven't played any games for 3 years.

Scotland have Ryan Brierley and Matty Russell, and I like the look of Bailey Haywood, from Canterbury's NSW Cup team, and of course Dale Ferguson is a great player and they have Sam Luckley and James Bell also with SL clubs.  Italy can pretty much name 17 players from the NSW and Qld Cups, on paper I'd say a slightly stronger squad than Scotland, much will depend on how well they gel after only a few days together.

Looking forward to this one. It'll be interesting to see who the crowd is supporting.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JonM said:

This was one of the best games in 2013, real thriller at a packed Derwent Park. Tough one to call, because Italy haven't played any games for 3 years.

Scotland have Ryan Brierley and Matty Russell, and I like the look of Bailey Haywood, from Canterbury's NSW Cup team, and of course Dale Ferguson is a great player and they have Sam Luckley and James Bell also with SL clubs.  Italy can pretty much name 17 players from the NSW and Qld Cups, on paper I'd say a slightly stronger squad than Scotland, much will depend on how well they gel after only a few days together.

Looking forward to this one. It'll be interesting to see who the crowd is supporting.

Absolute cracker . Minichiello Mantellato Guerra and some nobody called Tedesco were in the Italian backline then

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

It’ll be ###### but probably a close game.

Why do you say that? Some of the best games in the last WC in England were between so called lesser nations.

In fact Scotland v italy at Derwent Park was outstanding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why do you say that? Some of the best games in the last WC in England were between so called lesser nations.

In fact Scotland v italy at Derwent Park was outstanding.

I mean the standard won’t be at the levels of other games but it should be a close one. Hopefully an entertaining one like last time.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Staying over in Newcastle and going to this one as part of my odyssey to watch every team in the WC. Haven't got the foggiest who will win and don't really care, but think it'll be a very close one.

Was curious as to whether people would stick around in Newcastle. 

Had a similiar plan in 2013.  PNG and Tonga missed. 

The "Austalians" by 7 for me.

Not really concerned about where both countries are in development for this 2021 World Cup.

Just hope they are still around in 2041 with players drawn from Padua, Rome, Venice, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Oban rather than Parramatta, Redcliffe, Widnes, Gloucester, Avignon and Oldham.

( Teams picked at random for alliteration purposes ....in case you were wondering 😁..... Couldn't find an ' E ' team apart from St. Esteve !)

Edited by The Partisan

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

44 minutes ago, The Partisan said:

Just hope they are still around in 2041 with players drawn from Padua, Rome, Venice, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Oban rather than Parramatta, Redcliffe, Widnes, Gloucester, Avignon and Oldham.

( Teams picked at random for alliteration purposes ....in case you were wondering 😁..... Couldn't find an ' E ' team apart from St. Esteve !)

Emu Plains.

Play in the Penrith comp.

Failing that, Eccles would have done.

Edited by Madrileño

3 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Emu Plains.

Play in the Penrith comp.

Failing that, Eccles would have done.

Yeah a few amateur or country teams I could have run with but was trying to stick to the professional or semi professional ranks 😉

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

I imagine there'll be a lot of people that are making a weekend of it and going to both games in Newcastle. Hopefully will be a lot of people from the North-East there given how many attended the England game. Would be great if some went to the England game and loved it so much they immediately bought tickets for this. After all what else is there to do in Newcastle on a Sunday? 

• Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjoA6EMIZo7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

In memory of Tiziano Franchini, former player, pioneer and vicepresident of the Italian federation. He died this year aged 45, a good friend of mine. 

He used to be the Italy RL Women head coach.

He was in love with RL and the South Sydney Rabbitohs. 

Today it's for him, too. 

Edited by MatthewWoody
  • Like 4

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

57 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I imagine there'll be a lot of people that are making a weekend of it and going to both games in Newcastle. Hopefully will be a lot of people from the North-East there given how many attended the England game. Would be great if some went to the England game and loved it so much they immediately bought tickets for this. After all what else is there to do in Newcastle on a Sunday? 

The football lot are playing Manchester United away although it is not on TV.

Like you say though hopefully we’re converting people in the North East to take an interest in another sport.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Looking forward to this one our third game of the weekend and watching one of our Swinton players play for Italy before heading off down to Warrington for tonight's game. Bring it on !!

• Like 1