Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

To what point though.

This is time, money and effort that could have gone towards getting people excited for a Super League campaign, and converting that excitement into ticket sales.

Now all anyone is talking about is the massive ego of the owner and that bit won't change if it turns out that he got the official accounts of Super League, the RFL and our media partners to call them Leigh Leopards and use that badge.

Very true Ginger, I think you are correct and this will effect season ticket sales and that is me in how a mere fan feels, surely there must be some close to Beaumont professionally at the club who could have had objections to this monstrosity it seems as though he is one of those who cannot take criticism in any form and what he wants he gets, I have always had a lot of time for him and defended him knowing full well we would not have had a good team to support without his input, but the guy has dropped down a few rungs with this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

Nothing irritates your support base like changing the club colours you've had for over a century.

I think his mistake is risking doing it this season, if he did it at the start of last season and then they had to settle with it while winning almost every game it might have been accepted. Next season if they lose games it will turn back on him almost instantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very true Ginger, I think you are correct and this will effect season ticket sales and that is me in how a mere fan feels, surely there must be some close to Beaumont professionally at the club who could have had objections to this monstrosity it seems as though he is one of those who cannot take criticism in any form and what he wants he gets, I have always had a lot of time for him and defended him knowing full well we would not have had a good team to support without his input, but the guy has dropped down a few rungs with this.

I get annoyed when Leeds release a shirt that doesn’t look like a proper Leeds shirt.

I think id have a melt down if they changed the clubs colours and name just because Garry Hetherington likes a certain animal.

I’d seriously think about cancelling my ST 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I get annoyed when Leeds release a shirt that doesn’t look like a proper Leeds shirt.

I think id have a melt down if they changed the clubs colours and name just because Garry Hetherington likes a certain animal.

In all seriousness, I agree with this. I’d be seriously annoyed if the club’s traditional colours had been removed without any form of consultation based upon nothing more than a vanity project because a grown man likes leopards and wore a hoody with a leopard print this one time. 

I’d be livid and seriously considering how I chose to support the club. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe I’m being over sensitive but i find this a bit distasteful.

I just saw this on social media and I’m confused what the connection is that he’s trying to make and find it a little distasteful to seemingly compare situations. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

I just saw this on social media and I’m confused what the connection is that he’s trying to make and find it a little distasteful to seemingly compare situations. 

Cant see anything wrong with this. Am I missing your point? 

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, I think abandoning club colours like this would be a big no/no. That's for awat shirts. And maybe that'll be the twist here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Griff said:

Nothing irritates your support base like changing the club colours you've had for over a century.

And if you're going to do it make sure you do a competent job. This will certainly go down in history as one of the worst rebrands ever. Nothing in RL has ever come close to this (and its a very low bar) 

10 minutes ago, Jughead said:

In all seriousness, I agree with this. I’d be seriously annoyed if the club’s traditional colours had been removed without any form of consultation based upon nothing more than a vanity project because a grown man likes leopards and wore a hoody with a leopard print this one time. 

I’d be livid and seriously considering how I chose to support the club. 

I got very annoyed when eagles went to a white shirt with a red v mainly based (I believe) on someone high enough up to have a say being a saints fan... we won't the 1895 cup in it but it didn't feel quite right.. 

Back to the red with gold and white and all is good in the world.. (I also hated the Pepsi style shirt of 1998, thank god we won the challenge Cup in a change shirt which we would have had to wear anyway!)

I'm as quick as anyone at having a laugh at the expense of Beaumont, Leigh and its perspiring  representatives on here. Easy targets. They give it and they take it. 

However, it's undeniable that Leigh are shaking things up and setting an example in grabbing the headlines. 

Is ambition bad? What's wrong with Beaumont rebranding the club in the way he has? Come next season, they are going to ruffle some feathers on the field as well as off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3