How many???

Fax Knight

Can someone elaborate on the number of players we intend to sign? A few days ago we were all buoyed by Henderson and rumours of an additional 8 players - young an experienced. Now I’m reading 21 and that’s your lot. So what is it? I know loan players are an option (Ronan and Levi were great - when they played), but to only have 21 signed is crazy. Plus one is unproven and was injured all last year and in my humble view another should be nowhere near a championship team with top 4 aspirations (bizarrely they have played in a World Cup game demonstrating the paucity of ‘talent’ available for some of these teams). Anyone shed any light on this?

Maybe we've spent up with 2 and 3 year contracts given out.

It's the age old thing in York ,the crowds arn't big enough, i would say we need to at least treble the amount of fans we get at home games before we can entertain thoughts of constantly finishing in the top four of the Championship, nevermind Super League.

• Like 1

Why the sudden panic , of course we're not going to run with a squad of 21 ( 22 now Ben Barnard signed today ) hendo is busy with the world cup probably scouting, the club are never going to tell us money is there to be spent but iam sure when the right players are available we'll sign them just as has happened in previous seasons

• Like 2

Would you think Henderson would sign a contract with the knights on the back of been told that no more players can be signed due to a lack of funds to strengthen the squad any further,we are still a few months away from the start of the season and I'm sure more signings are on the way in the near future.

• Like 3

I’d be absolutely amazed if we were going to run with a squad of 21, that means a couple of injuries and suspensions and you’re struggling to get a team in the pitch. No-one in their right mind would even consider it. 

Once a club starts saying money is available for signings, all of a sudden agents put the prices up. 

Just chill out, it’s only mid October. 

• Like 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I find it very odd that IF Fordy was intent on leaving that he was allowed to pick these new signings or even wanted to, to me it points to a fall out between him and the owner and Fordy being shown the door, no matter what the official line is. If that wasn’t the case surely the recruitment for next season would have been left to the new coach, at least then he gets who he wants and is not stuck with someone else’s choices, I maybe wrong but it doesn’t add up to me.

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

I find it very odd that IF Fordy was intent on leaving that he was allowed to pick these new signings or even wanted to, to me it points to a fall out between him and the owner and Fordy being shown the door, no matter what the official line is. If that wasn’t the case surely the recruitment for next season would have been left to the new coach, at least then he gets who he wants and is not stuck with someone else’s choices, I maybe wrong but it doesn’t add up to me.

Or Fordy wasn't intent on leaving but the opportunity came out of the blue. And bearing the timelime, including the announcement of Mark Applegarth taking over at Wakefield, I think this is far more likely. 

The nature of the interviews with all parties involved would also suggest this. I agree it's perhaps not ideal but i don't see any agenda or controversy here. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, JonT said:

Or Fordy wasn't intent on leaving but the opportunity came out of the blue. And bearing the timelime, including the announcement of Mark Applegarth taking over at Wakefield, I think this is far more likely. 

The nature of the interviews with all parties involved would also suggest this. I agree it's perhaps not ideal but i don't see any agenda or controversy here. 

I couldn't agree more Jon T.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Well we're upto 23 players announced with more to follow, don't think we have started pre season training yet, over 3 months to the start of the season, let's wait and see what happens in the next 3 months, a lot of clubs sign players after the season starts.

Yer can bet coaches are scouting at the WC so plenty more for all teams.

• Like 1