Fri 18 Nov: Wheelchair World Cup Final: France v England KO 7.30pm

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/11/22 at 20:00

Just now, dkw said:

Not a clue.

That French ref called several wrong calls and clearly wanted to call another two that I noticed just in the background on TV... I'm genuinely not one to call out a ref when they are trying their best... Geez I've previously been one for a short period and know how hard it is... but that HAS to be reviewed.

It was in real danger of taking this final into a farce... thankfully the BBC team didnt highlight it more than they did...

In positive news. MASSIVE RESULT for England. Delighted!!

• Like 6

<proper RL fan mode>Now it's going to be ages 'til the next match...</proper RL fan mode>

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

He didn't want to give the try, was arguing with the other 2 the looked incredulous when he was overuled. He needs investigating. 

It's not the decision per se, it's the behaviour. He may well have been right, but he wasn't the main ref.

We need a series against France built up like Origin. I'd be there like a shot.

• Like 9

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I had never watched wheelchair RL before this RLWC and if someone would’ve told me id be sat on the edge of my seat watching the final, id have said “off your pop i won’t be watching that”. Ruddy hell the wheelchair RL has been amazing and im glad i witnessed it. 

• Like 5

Not ashamed to say, tears pouring down my face.

What a night of sport.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It's not only the players need strapping into their seats.  I was back and forth like a cuckoo in a clock.  Great entertainment.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

PDRL World Cup: Yep

Men's World Cup: Nope

Women's World Cup: Nope

Wheelchair World Cup: Yep.

A 50% return on a ton of effort.

• Like 5

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It'll be interesting to see if this brings that discussion (neutral refs-edit by NYT) back to the table.  

It could be an unforeseen positive outcome from tonight. Thank goodness we won so we don't have to dwell on it nor be accused of bitterness.

In spite of that touchies best efforts there is no doubt that RL was the winner tonight.

Edited by north yorks trinity
clarity
  • Like 1