Attendance thread

18 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I'm beginning to think the semi-final draw was fixed to keep Rervers and the Lopards apart simply because there isn't a ground in this country capable of holding all of their fans in one place at the same time.

Great move by the RFL.

As a neutral, I'll be delighted if we get a Leigh vs Hull KR Final, and I suspect it would indeed be the biggest CC Final attendance for some years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonM said:

As a neutral, I'll be delighted if we get a Leigh vs Hull KR Final, and I suspect it would indeed be the biggest CC Final attendance for some years.

I’d definitely go to that. A mate from Norfolk has started supporting Leigh and is chomping at the bit to see them live. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Train strike on Saturday , really messed us up 😂

No train Station in Leigh Steve ?

Too many of them here in Warrington 😂😂

Safe journey and I will see all the Lobbygobblers in the Kings Head 👍

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’d definitely go to that. A mate from Norfolk has started supporting Leigh and is chomping at the bit to see them live. 

Keep bumping into a bloke who has a pub in London and never been a RL fan who has started travelling to Leigh games this year when he can, they tend to be non Friday night games plus Catalans. Absolutely loves the craic and thought Cats weekend was unbelievable

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JonM said:

That’s utter nonsense. There’s no way more than 80,140 (the attendance for the 2016 final) will turn out for a Leigh v Hull KR final. 

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Either way, that was the official attendance given and a Leigh v KR final isn’t beating that even with them added. 

The RFL have done a deal to sell 30,000 top tier  seats to Degsy for £1 on the proviso they never get sold.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

12113, according to the 'Observer'.

Given the segregation that was in place there was probably only 13-13.5K tickets available - pretty good going. Looked much more full than I the average Warrington game

• Like 2

23,039 across two venues versus 22,141 at one venue.

I think the atmosphere difference speaks for itself but ... financially?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

23,039 across two venues versus 22,141 at one venue.

I think the atmosphere difference speaks for itself but ... financially?

I imagine it would have been pretty cheap to rent Warrington and Headingley in comparison to Elland Road? 

37 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I imagine it would have been pretty cheap to rent Warrington and Headingley in comparison to Elland Road? 

I’ve no idea. I can’t imagine Elland Road is that costly.

I’m very much in favour of having the four Challenge Cup semi finals played as four separate events but a cash-strapped RFL may be looking at it differently.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)