Thur 4th May: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/23 at 19:30

Not pretty but what a massive massive effort that was. If Smith can get that sort of commitment on a regular basis we will do ok.

All of a sudden relegation isn't really a thought anymore and we can start looking upwards instead.

• Like 2

Magnificent defensive effort by Hull, and proof that a Rugby League does not have to be a try fest to be gripping entertainment.

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

In all honesty I’m not sure if either team really deserved the win. Plenty of effort from both teams, but low on quality from both also, with one or two players being the exceptions.

Big win for Hull regardless.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Deserved win for Hull. 😥

Picking in just one thing of several where they were better than us, in my view: tackling technique. I felt they were more effective and efficient . Where Wigan seemed to be happy to use energy up by wrestling players to the ground, Hull were tacking much more round the legs, it seemed to me.

• Like 1

Hull earned and deserved that, Wigan struggled to break down a determined defence.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Deserved win for Hull. 😥

Picking in just one thing of several where they were better than us, in my view: tackling technique. I felt they were more effective and efficient . Where Wigan seemed to be happy to use energy up by wrestling players to the ground, Hull were tacking much more round the legs, it seemed to me.

But that also allowed Wigan to have quicker ptb than us imo.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

A lot of praise for Clifford, but I thought Hull kept giving Wigan decent field position with those high kicks that French was fielding easily. When Trueman (and I think Dwyer once) slid it in behind Thornley they put Wigan in a position where they were easier to control. I still thought Wigan were going to win it but they snatched at their chances.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

A good performance from Hull FC. Spirited in attack in the first half and dogged in defence in the second. It must be difficult to turn around a losing run but the last two games have shown that their poor run was a bit of an anomaly.

From a Wigan point of view I think we lost it with indiscipline in the first half where penalties led to tries. We struggled to raise our game in the first half and Hull looked to have that bit more motivation. Having a makeshift half is definitely hampering us. Plenty of effort from Shorrocks but he doesn't always make the right calls. I thought he looked much better when he moved to 13 in the second half but then the problem was Powell was anonymous in the halves. It makes it too easy for the defence to follow the play because they only have to focus on where Smith and French are.

It's also a shame we didn't really have much to offer from the bench. Mago worked hard to his credit but 5-10 minutes from Hill and a late cameo from Nsemba meant we were asking a lot of players like Havard and Smithies who have got through a mountain of work in the last few weeks. The lack of middles is going to start biting us in the next few weeks.

Also, smart play from Trueman at the end. That probably won the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

A lot of praise for Clifford, but I thought Hull kept giving Wigan decent field position with those high kicks that French was fielding easily. When Trueman (and I think Dwyer once) slid it in behind Thornley they put Wigan in a position where they were easier to control. I still thought Wigan were going to win it but they snatched at their chances.

Kick variety is the mark of a good attack imo.

Its frustrating to watch the same kick tactic over and over again.

French is superb and he wasn't going to be the weak link on high kicks. Put it on the floor well away from him especially when its bucketing down.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

22 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

In all honesty I’m not sure if either team really deserved the win. Plenty of effort from both teams, but low on quality from both also, with one or two players being the exceptions.

Big win for Hull regardless.

Did you notice the RAIN ?

• Haha 1

too many missing for Wigan take 5 or 6 class players out of any team and they will struggle, great defense from Hull though.

expect a first win for Wakey next week.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

8 minutes ago, my missus said:

too many missing for Wigan take 5 or 6 class players out of any team and they will struggle, great defense from Hull though.

They won't tackle like Hull did that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, my missus said:

This is Rugby League it's going to happen you just have to get on with it, but Wigan are probably better equipped than most to fill in the gaps when you get absentees for whatever reason, stop moaning.

Maybe if the judiciary are consistent and site French for dangerous and negligent contact with his boot when Clifford scored his try and he gets 2 or 3 games along with Field also absent, your replacements are really going to have to step up some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1