Powell Gone

4 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I know this is from an official club press release, but I can't believe this is true until the '5 coaches who could replace Daryl Powell' article appears.

Im more excited about the "5 Possible Destinations For Darryl Powell" article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I know this is from an official club press release, but I can't believe this is true until the '5 coaches who could replace Daryl Powell' article appears.

But who was the tallest coach in SL history? 

• Haha 13

Disappointed that Warrington's start didn't lead to consistency.  They were playing great rugby and it would have been nice to see them challenging for top honours this year.

But Powell got the signings he wanted and hasn't delivered and that's sport I guess.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im more excited about the "5 Possible Destinations For Darryl Powell" article.

Birch Services

Saddleworth Moor

Hartshead Services

Lock Lane 

Wheldon Road

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, meast said:

Powell hinted at something wrong within the club, Fitzpatrick has come in for flak before, I think @Dave Thas been critical of him previously?

Is there anything that could be true?

Apologies if it wasn't you Dave 🙂

I've not personally been critical of Fitz Patrick (although I've previously stated that I'd rather have strong business people as CEO instead of an ex player), but I note that it was the Chairman who announced Powell leaving rather than the CEO. Not sure if that's normal? 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've not personally been critical of Fitz Patrick (although I've previously stated that I'd rather have strong business people as CEO instead of an ex player), but I note that it was the Chairman who announced Powell leaving rather than the CEO. Not sure if that's normal? 

It had to happen,he has stripped and rebuilt the squad so it's his squad and they are not performing. it may give the usual  Mickey takers ( not the words I posted originally)a bit of fun but there's a decent squad there that needs sorting out.

Edited by ELBOWSEYE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

But who was the tallest coach in SL history? 

Graeme West?

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Cheers

I know one of the Wire fans had been fairly critical of him over the last few years.